• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Cigar Poisoning

Foreigner

Bluelighter
Fuck me, I had one of the worst drug experiences of my life this past week. I was on a beach in a sunny place (FINALLY) and decided the only thing missing was a stogie so I bought a large cuban. My friend and I were standing in the water talking to this other couple for what seemed like 30-35 minutes. During that time I mindlessly smoked (didn't inhale into my lungs) the entire cigar. The convo was really enjoyable but suddenly I felt very dizzy and nauseous. I didn't want to puke in front of the whole world so I asked my friend to come with me to the washroom, where I hugged the toilet and puked my guts out for 10 mins.

By the time I left the bathroom, I could barely walk and everything felt urgent and dangerous. I remember trying to lather my hands with soap at the sink and the ataxia was really difficult. We got back to our beach chairs where I puked a lot once more and then just laid there, so physically weak I could barely move an inch and my breathing got very laboured. I also had intense snow in my vision but it wasn't pleasant. My friend didn't seem to fully understand that I had partial paralysis. My insides were also shaking. I assumed somehow I got nicotine poisoning and got my friend to google it, and I had every symptom, including fucking convulsions.

If it WEREN'T for the fact that nicotine has a half life of 1-2 hours, I would have called 911, it was that bad. It wasn't just a bad trip or something, I was poisoned. I just laid there in the only position that felt sort of comfortable and meditated on my breathing, which I had to consciously maintain because my body wasn't doing it for me. Eventually I could hold down some water, then some sugary soda, and the fog started to clear. It felt like it took an eternity, it took about 3.5 hours before I could leave the beach and go home.

It took me TWO DAYS to recover! By that night I was able to function again but I had zero appetite for about 48 hours. Eating felt so disgusting but I force fed myself because I could also feel my caloric deficit.

Fucking hell. I had no goddamn idea that a cigar could do this to a person. I was totally ignorant. You learn something new every day! Don't fuck with your acetylcholine receptors, it's NOT fun. The only thing I can compare this to is a really bad 2-CI experience I had at a festival one year.

Last edited:
Lol, I did that as a teen when a group of us tried smoking cigarettes as quickly as possible while inhaling. Puked and everything and the only thing that helped at all was laying on the cold floor with my head between two box fans for a couple hours

Lol, I did that as a teen when a group of us tried smoking cigarettes as quickly as possible while inhaling. Puked and everything and the only thing that helped at all was laying on the cold floor with my head between two box fans for a couple hours

It's brutal. I couldn't believe how fast and furious it was, and I'm a drug veteran! This has turned me off of cigars for a really long time.

Did a gravity bong hit of tobacco when I was young and dumb. Didn't go quite as bad as this. But there was also a time where I smoked a massive rolled cigarette where I felt sick af for a while.

Yup definitely got this from too much chew. I remember hearing if you soaked a cigar in water then drank it, it would kill you. Smoking it has such poor bioavailability but will still get you if you aren’t careful.

-GC

I have put a cigarette in water and then sprayed the water on house plants to kill all bug infestations. The bugs die on contact. I believe you that drinking the water would be lethal.

I was also reading that tobacco sickness occurs in people who hand-harvest the tobacco plants. The nicotine absorbs through their skin if they don't wear gloves and they can get seriously ill, even die in some rare cases.

Ah yes, the fun of being a teenager