• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CHS caused directly by long term cannabis use

I’ve not met another in my 30+ years of daily toking; but go through it and find that this is distinct from a glycemic reaction.

I’m a few days into a SERIOUS taper-off and switched to a balanced cbd/thc strain and feel no ill effects whatsoever.
Whether it’s dosage, among myriad other variables, I’m becoming more convinced that this is in any case hugely exacerbated by potent extracts of thc.

I bet it won’t happen to me again on balanced flower.

I totally dig the diet and hydration issue as well.
For those of us who aren’t as careful with what they ingest (fast-food lovers, for one example), this may be far more of a concern.

so are you smoking oil too when the CHS happens or just flower?

Thinking back to each episode, it’s been mostly while I have shatter or oil in the mix. I tend to hit it hard (not any more!) and am pretty sure that’s just not going to work for me any more. Flower (50/50) has been no issue whatsoever. Haven’t had shatter in just over a week. I liked the quick immediacy of extracts, but ended up over-saturating my system with it. Whatever works for folks, right!

Thinking back to each episode, it’s been mostly while I have shatter or oil in the mix. I tend to hit it hard (not any more!) and am pretty sure that’s just not going to work for me any more. Flower (50/50) has been no issue whatsoever. Haven’t had shatter in just over a week. I liked the quick immediacy of extracts, but ended up over-saturating my system with it. Whatever works for folks, right!

my buddy who deals with it too, he says he takes a breaks for about a week and it's been all good since he's done that - somebody else who gets CHS told him that's what he had to do to control it and so far its working for both of them....and he only smokes flower - no erl....i just asked him for ya and that's what he told me

hopefully you figure it out!

Yep, each day away from concentrates feels better.
Really liked my shatter, but am happier not getting those ill effects.
Still feel great today, doing 4 vape sessions of low-potency 50/50 bud.
That’s a huge cut-down gor me, and everything body-wise is coming into line.

Thanks again BL’ers for the support and sharing info/ideas - you’ve all been a big help!

Yep, each day away from concentrates feels better.
Really liked my shatter, but am happier not getting those ill effects.
Still feel great today, doing 4 vape sessions of low-potency 50/50 bud.
That’s a huge cut-down gor me, and everything body-wise is coming into line.

Thanks again BL’ers for the support and sharing info/ideas - you’ve all been a big help!

yea he's been dealing with it for about 4 or 5 years now....he also said that he now believe that it's certain strains that do it and others are fine - i thought that was really interesting too

Now down to two-three vape sessions, if that.
One thing - it’s sure working! No symptoms yet and it’s way easier on the wallet/stash!

Thanks for the helpful replies, all; keep on your paths but be open to forks.

I’ve not met another in my 30+ years of daily toking; but go through it and find that this is distinct from a glycemic reaction.

I’m a few days into a SERIOUS taper-off and switched to a balanced cbd/thc strain and feel no ill effects whatsoever.
Whether it’s dosage, among myriad other variables, I’m becoming more convinced that this is in any case hugely exacerbated by potent extracts of thc.

I bet it won’t happen to me again on balanced flower.

I totally dig the diet and hydration issue as well.
For those of us who aren’t as careful with what they ingest (fast-food lovers, for one example), this may be far more of a concern.
It may not need to be related to glycemia.

But maybe the adrenals and other roundabout mechanisms. Just a thought there.

It's specifically man made, refined sugar is the culrprit. It's a powerful drug, addictive too, whiplashes the Adrenals, our bodies and brains cannot handle white sugar..

It's singularly the most overall healrh damaging substance in history.

Last edited:
Been reducing all sugar intake - replacing with fruits (still have sugar but placed within real good fibre, etc).
Loosing a bit of weight, too!
All in all, this has just been good as a bit of health check. Had me pretty scared though for a while.

Been reducing all sugar intake - replacing with fruits (still have sugar but placed within real good fibre, etc).
Loosing a bit of weight, too!
All in all, this has just been good as a bit of health check. Had me pretty scared though for a while.
Just hearing that really, despite it's INtehSITY!! Right, at those prolonged, gruelling times, in short space you've found relief, and hopefully cannabis won't have to go.

It could be directly related to being saturated with noids way above your means, fuelling it.

So like Kava can cause the actual harmless, painless, just nuisance Demopathy condition of dry flaky skin, Which is only ever temporary and a direct result of an over buildup of Kavalactones in the system from prolonged heavy usage, like way above average (like me lol), which simply fades to zero again with reduced dose or break.

In this situation though, I have also found that it has occurred when I have been significantly dehydrated and I have also been able to completely remedy the temporary dermopathy, by properly hydrating my body at the time and have even been able to avoid needing to reduce dose!

Also I eat a lot of healthy natural unrefined fats an almost even mixture of extra-virgin olive oil and organic coldpressed coconut oil that one in particular we believe can help with the prevention of that harmless temporary little dry skin condition which can be a bit irritating but nothing like eczema I imagine which I've never had.

Hopefully this was just like you say the scare and shake up and will probably lead to you having made some incredible modifications and adaptations to your living.

Refined white sugar Really should not exist it's like man-made fat and man-made salt our bodies are not designed for it, as it isn't natural for us.

It's Frankenstein food so how can any partly wittfull, Sound minded person not see the absolute obvious catastrophe those man-made foods will wreak upon our bodies.

Last edited: