• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Chronic Pain sufferer

Hello. I appreciate all the great information and positive support offered on Bluelight. I have chronic pain (fibromyalgia) that has not responded to treatment (Duloxetine, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Prednisone, as well as holistic remedies.)

I am so desperate for relief and look forward to discussing pain management possibilities. My life is so hard to endure right now…my doctors are at a loss…I’m getting to the point where I’ll do anything for relief (currently alcohol abuse, but hopefully something with less side effects.)

Hey brother great to see another new member of the community and I hope we can continue to be of as most help as possible, sorry to hear about your condition. I wish you luck in your journey and future and hope we can be of any help to finding a better path of dealing with that pain. :) Good to see you round.

I'm not sure if it's possible where you're at, but have you considered cannabis? I suffer from chronic lower back pain, and my state has medical. It's not cheap, but the distillates work well for me.
Recreational Cannabis is now legal in Rhode Island where I live. I’ve tried a number of different strains (including some high in CBD) but I haven’t noticed a reduction in pain.

Cannabis also tends to make me focus on all the problems in my life. I really wish it agreed with me better, because my alcohol use is pretty bad. Probably 7-10 drinks daily.

Judging by your alcohol intake I'm guessing you haven't tried kratom, but that's another potential option for you. Many people say it's not a good combo, but personally I think a few beers as the kratom is kicking in works very well.

There are kratom extracts out there that are QUITE strong, and deliver a similar level of pain relief as prescription opioids, in my experience.

Last edited:
Kratom would be a place to start.
It's also possible to get a decent dose of morphine (for some one with no tolerance) from poppy seed or pod tea.
But you'd have to find seeds that are not washed & this can get expensive & more time consuming than popping a pill.
Sorry to hear you're going through this OP. I've been super outspoken about the arbitrary crack down on opioids, which are less toxic than fuckin' alcohol. But they've managed to get the masses to believe otherwise.

Recreational Cannabis is now legal in Rhode Island where I live. I’ve tried a number of different strains (including some high in CBD) but I haven’t noticed a reduction in pain.

Cannabis also tends to make me focus on all the problems in my life. I really wish it agreed with me better, because my alcohol use is pretty bad. Probably 7-10 drinks daily.
Have you tried a Topical Balm? around 1-2% of cannabinoids can be useful for located pain
If you are not a fan of THC, you could try a vape that have 80%CBD+10%THC+Indicated Terpenes for Pain,You will barely feel the THC but it will potentiate the Pain Relief effect of the CBD
I hope you find some Solution :D

Maybe have a look here :

In fact, everything in here :

🙏

Hello. I appreciate all the great information and positive support offered on Bluelight. I have chronic pain (fibromyalgia) that has not responded to treatment (Duloxetine, Lyrica, Gabapentin, Prednisone, as well as holistic remedies.)

I am so desperate for relief and look forward to discussing pain management possibilities. My life is so hard to endure right now…my doctors are at a loss…I’m getting to the point where I’ll do anything for relief (currently alcohol abuse, but hopefully something with less side effects.)
Greetings..I have severe arthritis in my hip that causes horrible pain down my entire leg..the last time I went in for a cortisone injection I discussed my pain issues(and lack of adequate pain meds) with the doctor including the fact I was taking 100mg of hydrocodone a day and not getting any pain relief..I was prescribed 30 norco and 60 #3 codeine per month and bought the rest,spending 400 to 500 bucks a month on the crap(right out of the pharmacy)..so this doctor tells me "have you ever thought about getting on methadone"?..so the next day I made a next day appointment for the local Aegis,went in and was totally honest with the doctor..he was completely in favor of my getting on methadone..even though I was there mainly for pain relief, at 100mg of hydrocodone a day obviously addiction is also an issue..let me tell you methadone is a life saver..I am almost pain free..it is the most amazing pain killer..even though I have to abide by all the rules of the clinic(go in each day to dose until I got take homes,which I get a week at a time now...talk to a counselor for an hour a week on the phone, give a monthly UA ..and that's it)..but it's a small price to pay for the pain relief I get..I had been to 2 pain clinics and they did absolutely nothing for me, wanting to do a hip replacement BEFORE prescribing any pain meds..definitely worth considering..IMO fuck kratom,fuck alcohol, fuck CBD(but I do love weed and the methadone clinic allows weed)fuck all the non opiate pain meds..try methadone..

Welcome! I’m sorry you’re struggling. The US Pain Foundation lists meditation as a recommended complimentary therapy - have you tried this?
Also what about cannabis medicine? That’s been so helpful for many here where I live.
Sending good vibes your way 💐

Welcome! I’m sorry you’re struggling. The US Pain Foundation lists meditation as a recommended complimentary therapy - have you tried this?
Also what about cannabis medicine? That’s been so helpful for many here where I live.
Sending good vibes your way 💐

Their second post says they dislike cannabis, as it makes them focus on their problems.
I know the feeling Staring’. 👍

Greetings..I have severe arthritis in my hip that causes horrible pain down my entire leg..the last time I went in for a cortisone injection I discussed my pain issues(and lack of adequate pain meds) with the doctor including the fact I was taking 100mg of hydrocodone a day and not getting any pain relief..I was prescribed 30 norco and 60 #3 codeine per month and bought the rest,spending 400 to 500 bucks a month on the crap(right out of the pharmacy)..so this doctor tells me "have you ever thought about getting on methadone"?..so the next day I made a next day appointment for the local Aegis,went in and was totally honest with the doctor..he was completely in favor of my getting on methadone..even though I was there mainly for pain relief, at 100mg of hydrocodone a day obviously addiction is also an issue..let me tell you methadone is a life saver..I am almost pain free..it is the most amazing pain killer..even though I have to abide by all the rules of the clinic(go in each day to dose until I got take homes,which I get a week at a time now...talk to a counselor for an hour a week on the phone, give a monthly UA ..and that's it)..but it's a small price to pay for the pain relief I get..I had been to 2 pain clinics and they did absolutely nothing for me, wanting to do a hip replacement BEFORE prescribing any pain meds..definitely worth considering..IMO fuck kratom,fuck alcohol, fuck CBD(but I do love weed and the methadone clinic allows weed)fuck all the non opiate pain meds..try methadone..

The problem with getting methadone from an addiction clinic and not via a doc for pain is that methadone is dosed 2 - 3x a day for pain and only once daily for maintenance.
You Tomas mentioned getting take homes which means you could then alter how you take it but by the time Staring’ got take homes they’d have a tolerance and then need to wean down so they could dose twice or three times a day but as they’d already have a tolerance it won’t be as good unfortunately.

I’m not saying don’t do it but I’d try kratom first and after that poppy pods.

Buy the book ‘Opium for the Masses’ by Jim Hogshire, it not only goes into the history of opium and a few opioids but is a guide on how to grow opium poppies and extract the opium, use the pods for tea or to make a kinda laudanum, also how to extract the morphine and acetylate it into diamorphine (Heroin) if you want to.

You’re in Rhode Island so they’d definitely grow there and are easy as hell to grow, just toss the seeds on top of the soil and water.
Obviously preparing the soil would lead to stronger plants and probably a better harvest.

You could also try the dark net too.

Hi Staring, I too have fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed in 2012 (I think) but back then most people didn’t believe fibro was a real thing. I still get that attitude from some doctors and family members! The amounts of pain it can produce are unreal. Fortunately, kratom extracts work well for me. I also have pain from herniated discs at L4/L5 (which was probably the trigger event for my fibro) and nasty sciatica all down my left leg. In an attempt to massage out the discomfort, I sat on a tennis ball, but this caused a condition called pudendal nerve entrapment. So I experience a great deal of pain when unmedicated. I take Lyrica at night and gabapentin during the day, and I do all the things: stretching, heat, ice, epsom salt baths, getting sufficient rest and eating healthy food (mostly!) and avoiding triggers. Stress is a trigger but not one I can avoid as I am a mom of 3.

I did use this thing called Curable, they have an app and I bought a lifetime membership to this as it turned out to be pretty helpful. It’s mostly cognitive behavior therapy, but they posit that since all pain is created in the brain, you can then do some mental exercises to reduce your pain level. I mean, if you need evidence that this works, think about how you experience pain when upset versus when you’re happy and having fun. The pain doesn’t go away, but it feels just a bit easier to bear. They have message boards too and other users of this method support one another. By no means does this mean that your pain isn’t real! But fibromyalgia is when the body is in a heightened state of alarm; it’s basically in “fight or flight” mode all the time, and this can be proven by the level of cortisol in our bodies (which is higher than it should be.) So we need to convince our bodies that there is no need to be in that state, so to speak. I’m not describing it well, but check it out. I was skeptical at first cuz it’s not a drug or another medical thing but it ACTUALLY WORKED, much to my extreme surprise. It doesn’t need you to believe in it to work and it’s not woo-woo or anything.

Glad you made an account! Hope you enjoy it here, we have some nice folks on this site who can help you with your issue.

@xtcgrrrl thanks for your reply. I am using the Lin Health app which is very similar to Curable. I do believe there is a large psychological aspect to chronic pain. Sorry that you have to deal with this shit, too. I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.

Also, I tried some Kratom recently (first time.) I bought the black 8.8 ml OPMS extract. I initially drank about 1/3 of the bottle and felt very minimal effects. I took another 1/3 about 4 hours later, then the rest of the bottle another 2 hours later.

I felt pretty good at that point but isn’t that a lot for a first time user with zero opiate experience? I’ve read elsewhere on Bluelight that it’s not good to build your tolerance so quickly. It also seems expensive if I’m going to need that much daily.

I appreciate any feedback.

Last edited:
@xtcgrrrl thanks for your reply. I am using the Lin Health app which is very similar to Curable. I do believe there is a large psychological aspect to chronic pain. Sorry that you have to deal with this shit, too. I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone.

Also, I tried some Kratom recently (first time.) I bought the black 8.8 ml OPMS extract. I initially drank about 1/3 of the bottle and felt very minimal effects. I took another 1/3 about 4 hours later, then the rest of the bottle another 2 hours later.

I felt pretty good at that point but isn’t that a lot for a first time user with zero opiate experience? I’ve read elsewhere on Bluelight that it’s not good to build your tolerance so quickly. It also seems expensive if I’m going to need that much daily.

I appreciate any feedback.
I usually use 2-3 King Kratom extract capsules every morning, then I’ll supplement that with a number of Hush Kratom gelcaps in the afternoon, depending on whether it’s a high pain day or not. One time I ran out of extract caps and I thought I would have some withdrawals, but I had an enormous amount of plain leaf capsules, so I just took an excess of those and it worked! Turns out, all the extract caps do is allow me to consume fewer pills at a time. But I do prefer that. So that’s what I do, if I’m able. It can and does get expensive, but I buy all my products at bulk rates, which makes it less expensive. I cannot recommend kratom highly enough, although I’m aware that they’re not for everyone. YMMV.

Just to chime in on the alternative angle...a dedicated mindfulness practice can also be a massive help in reducing pain, or at least the experience of pain, via radical acceptance and teaching ourselves to have a different relationship to our pain.

cbt can help some (as evidenced above), mindful practice can help others. Either, both or neither could help, same as everything pretty much

Chronic pain suferrers here means only one-cancer patients in severe stage.U cant get pain med even ,if u are car smashed-docs can u give paracetamol and drink a glass of cold water in this case...all poor and people from ex-middle class shortly would cease to exist....a place from second grade african regione,not at all Europe:cautious::cautious::cautious:

It's something that I don't take lightly when talking to others who have long-term chronic pain. But I say this out of the depths of my heart. Strong opioid painkillers will help pain however you won't enjoy a quality of life after a while.

I have some relief from mixing various marijuana edibles hemp derived products like Delta 8 CBD CBN CBG. I don't have like a set dosage I just try to keep it at a reasonable amount. And only when I'm in immense pain.

I don't even really like getting high. I just need help with my back pain occasionally. I know from experience opiates, other medications are a slippery slope and often have equally devastating consequences.

Welcome to Bluelight. Pain is indeed such a motherfucker, I am sorry for you, but you did the right move joining us. It's not that you would obtain magical pain relief from here, but you will meet people with similar and worse situations than yours, so you will learn different ways of enduring both severe pain and all the mental disasters that it allways raise on patients.
You will find very nice people, and, by offering yours to others, you also will find love and support

I have chronic neuropathic pain caused by an autoimmune disorder. It's not extremely dissimilar in some of its effects from fibromyalgia.

Opiates don't work. Gabapentinoids don't work. But amazingly, what does work, is diazepam @5mgx3 per day. Chlordiazepoxide also works. Clonazepam is too sedating so I don't use it. There's the only three but it has a piece that actually work on my pain.

My neurologist prescribed it for pain based on his empirical experience that people with my condition have it too much excitability in the brain and that's the cause of the pain. The benzodiazepine calms the brain and the pain disappears.

You might want to give it a try.