European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Christmas Present Reviews v. "It's the thought that counts"

BecomingJulie

Bluelight Crew
GOOD: A Bosch 18V lithium-ion cordless hammer drill, with one-hour charger and spare battery (five 18650s -- can easily be re-celled when needed, even after "original" replacements discontinued). Battery packs have integral test button and three-LED bargraph to indicate state of charge. Beautifully balanced in the hand, no seams to dig in. Easy action keyless chuck. 20 torque settings for screwdriving. Hammer action with short stroke and fast rate. Trigger is touch-sensitive with a decent length of travel for precise speed control. Cold white LED illumination operates at first touch of trigger, before motor starts. Not that you should be drilling in the dark anyway, but it's important to see where the hole is going to be before you start drilling it,or to line up the screwdriver blade with a screw. All in a tough polypropylene case with a proper pinned hinge (not just bendably thin plastic) with room for charger and UK plug, at least two spare batteries (not counting the one on the drill, and enough room for extra-high-capacity 10-cell versions if you so wish) and some drill bits and hardware (screws, Rawlplugs and so forth). There is even a hole for a padlock, not that that would stop anybody from cutting it open with a pair of wire cutters.

BAD: A JML "8 in 1 multi torch". Basically a combined focusable cold white LED flashlight, emergency vehicle escape device (glass hammer and seat belt cutter) and Swiss Army knife. There's nothing wrong with it as a flashlight. It takes three AA cells. You can adjust it for a wide or narrow beam by pulling the end (kwoo kwoo), and it has two brightness levels plus a flashing mode, selected by switching off and on again -- it cycles through off, full brightness, off, half broightness, off, flashing. If you press the button lightly in any of the "on" modes, it turns off briefly and then comes back on in the next mode I haven't got a vehicle to have to get out of in an emergency; but the hammer point seems sharp and there seems to be decent leverage, and what I can see of the concealed blade looks sharp. There is the usual knife, bottle opener, can opener, scissors, screwdrivers and spanners. OK if you have nothing better. But the rest of the tool feels as though it is getting in the way (the main blade measures 38mm.; the whole body is 146mm. long with the pull-out end pushed in). None of its individual parts are actually bad but as a whole it still manages to disappoint; simply because the flashlight shines in totally the wrong direction for illuminating your use of the other tools -- which really defeats the entire point.

Or maybe I'm just going off torches and multi-tools, now I've discovered dresses and shoes .....

Good Free beer, food, whisky, hash, weed.

Bad Holiday leave canceled, have been at wok every day for past two weeks. Being forced by convention to buy Santa stuff for my non religious/semi western kids.

I'm glad it's the thought that counts - cos that's all I fuckin got (though I'm not that sure I even got the thought tbh :\ )

My sister bought me two jumpers, and I feigned admiration because everyone was there (was probably a pretty half arsed job of doing so). Ten minutes later she asked if I really liked them, because she knows I'm picky when it comes to clothes (i.e have my own sense of what I do/don't like which seemingly does not tally with hers).

Fuck me, it turns out she really does not enjoy hearing the truth. She is pissed off. She's being really fucking arsey, and she didn't keep the receipts. Apparently giving people money so they can buy their own stuff isn't right, but in store vouchers are. And next year I can just ask for nothing, but apparently that would make me a cunt (said in her own squarish way).

FFS. 8)

My sister bought me two jumpers, and I feigned admiration because everyone was there (was probably a pretty half arsed job of doing so). Ten minutes later she asked if I really liked them, because she knows I'm picky when it comes to clothes (i.e have my own sense of what I do/don't like which seemingly does not tally with hers).

Fuck me, it turns out she really does not enjoy hearing the truth. She is pissed off. She's being really fucking arsey, and she didn't keep the receipts. Apparently giving people money so they can buy their own stuff isn't right, but in store vouchers are. And next year I can just ask for nothing, but apparently that would make me a cunt (said in her own squarish way).

FFS. 8)

Ooh dear. I learnt a long time ago to never be honest with a woman...

Just received a belated Xmas present from the wife - a bag of weed! Best pressy ever =D

On Christmas Eve, My wife scratched an itch on my back that I couldn't reach myself. She said "merry Christmas" as she was scratching me. It was damn near the best present she could have given me at the time.

Come Christmas morning, I discovered that scratch was all I was getting. Was to be expected though, the adults in the family agreed only the children were getting presents this year.

FFS. 8)

I don't get this. The whole point when buying clothes for others at Xmas (always a very speculative gamble at best) is to keep the receipts so you can say "oh yes they're wonderful" and then replace with something you actually like after.

I did pretty well to get only useful things (mostly alcohol and books). I do my best to avoid getting gifts though, asking people not to bother.

On Christmas Eve, My wife scratched an itch on my back that I couldn't reach myself. She said "merry Christmas" as she was scratching me. It was damn near the best present she could have given me at the time.

Come Christmas morning, I discovered that scratch was all I was getting. Was to be expected though, the adults in the family agreed only the children were getting presents this year.

I kinda prefer this tbh. Although I actually prefer an 'edibles only' rule for presents (chocolates, sweets, alcohol etc), and sometimes gift vouchers.

Tbh it was odd not getting chemicals for once, usually stay away from family for the holidays, friends usually payed me back in dope around the holidays.

Tbh it was odd not getting chemicals for once, usually stay away from family for the holidays, friends usually payed me back in dope around the holidays.

Damn, now that you mention that I really can't believe I haven't asked previous girlfriends to just get me some kind of exotic RC. "Here's the website, I'll take anything beginning with 2c, cheers".

Shame my sisters such a square then eh? :\

"you can keep your fucking jumpers and I'll take the 4-aco-dmt"

It had a zipper across the chest man ffs.

A few grams of meth would have gone down a treat :D

An eco-friendly facial sponge, a pair of socks with a print of Brussels sprouts-shaped smileys, a couple of Christmas decorations, a bottle of bubbly. It's the thought that counts, so I won't do any good or bad or ugly list.

A lovely BL present would be saving the acres of shite I just typed before it all disappeared by accidentally pressing one wrong button...

Anyway.....

* Two, yes two, packets of emery boards, pretty packaging and all, but still basically nail files
Note to people - my fingernails are not manicured cos I can't be arsed, NOT because I'm short of nail files

* 'Get busy with the fizzy' machine I asked for, that should save me a fortune in soda water...haven't tried it yet though, am finding the instructions a little
intimidating - I shall be braver in the morning

* The most beautiful mer-baby in a scallop shell with a knitted green tail, obviously lovingly made by a crafty lady & sold on a rural crafty stall

* The best present of all has been spending loads of time with the most perfect real baby in the world, my grandchild....everyone else pales into
insignificance now (sorry kids)

* Two, yes two, packets of emery boards, pretty packaging and all, but still basically nail files
Note to people - my fingernails are not manicured cos I can't be arsed, NOT because I'm short of nail files

Who did you get them from? Maybe someone is trying to tell you something... just saying

Who did you get them from? Maybe someone is trying to tell you something... just saying

My mother, in my stocking, that she still does for her kids in their 40's (hence me still doing one for my adult child as well as the child child)
She got the pants & socks right though & the merbaby in a shell was a delight, so I should get over the nail files (& the hideous toe 'wraps')

My mother, in my stocking, that she still does for her kids in their 40's (hence me still doing one for my adult child as well as the child child)
She got the pants & socks right though & the merbaby in a shell was a delight, so I should get over the nail files (& the hideous toe 'wraps')

My late father would file his nails in his 70s. He hated rugged nails, as they catch everywhere. Give the files to a lady in your life, she'll love them. Or to a man who files his nails

Last edited: