• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Christianity thread

Mcracken420

Bluelighter
It seems like the majority of discussion about Christianity here is against it. I'd like to make a thread where Christians can discuss things, and because this is a drug sit, I want to know how other Christians combine religion with drugs. Is it always a sin or can certain drugs like mushrooms be used in a way God wants? I also know that a lot of what we are taught in schools and by the media is false. Our history books are full of lies. Are aliens ever mentioned in the Bible? Part of the reason I'm a Christian is peace of mind, knowing there is someone out there for me, but I also have a feeling deep inside that God is real and that I don't only believe in God because of my fear of death or being alone.

Last edited:
It astonishes me that I have never posted a thread supporting Christianity until yesterday and it seems like people are completely ignoring it. And yet they have replied to many of my other threads. I’m not bitching about it I’m just saying it’s kind of weird and kind of validates the feelings I’ve been having as of late. Maybe people just haven’t seen my post yet but you have posted this before I and I don’t see any replies on here either.

But to answer your question, I personally believe that a lot of the psychedelic drug use is a ploy by demons to enter peoples minds and possess them and give them bad trips which cause psychotic behaviors. Maybe there is some possibility that we are just not evolved as a species yet to really use these in a proper way but now I’m starting to think that that is just an empty promise by demons. I mean what are the odds that you would get to that point of enlightenment without reaching insanity first?? It doesn’t make sense. There’s no guarantee that you will not just go completely insane from all the crazy experiences and you lose touch with reality rather than gain clarity on it. I think that the people who just do it every once in a while may receive some benefit but that does not negate the potential for demonic possession. You would probably have to be very clear minded and have no shadow at all which seems impossible as of now.

It seems like the majority of discussion about Christianity here is against it. I'd like to make a thread where Christians can discuss things, and because this is a drug sit, I want to know how other Christians combine religion with drugs. Is it always a sin or can certain drugs like mushrooms be used in a way God wants? I also know that a lot of what we are taught in schools and by the media is false. Our history books are full of lies. Are aliens ever mentioned in the Bible? Part of the reason I'm a Christian is peace of mind, knowing there is someone out there for me, but I also have a feeling deep inside that God is real and that I don't only believe in God because of my fear of death or being alone.

If there is a God, and this God made it so that certain things in the natural environment, such as cannabis or psilocybin mushrooms, interact with specific receptor sites in the human mind...why would it be a sin to utilize these aspects of the natural world?

Any Church Fathers fans? Augustine, Pseudo-Dionysus, Origen, St. Basil? Where did you start with them? Orthodoxy, Catholic, Protestant?

It astonishes me that I have never posted a thread supporting Christianity until yesterday and it seems like people are completely ignoring it. And yet they have replied to many of my other threads. I’m not bitching about it I’m just saying it’s kind of weird and kind of validates the feelings I’ve been having as of late. Maybe people just haven’t seen my post yet but you have posted this before I and I don’t see any replies on here either.

But to answer your question, I personally believe that a lot of the psychedelic drug use is a ploy by demons to enter peoples minds and possess them and give them bad trips which cause psychotic behaviors. Maybe there is some possibility that we are just not evolved as a species yet to really use these in a proper way but now I’m starting to think that that is just an empty promise by demons. I mean what are the odds that you would get to that point of enlightenment without reaching insanity first?? It doesn’t make sense. There’s no guarantee that you will not just go completely insane from all the crazy experiences and you lose touch with reality rather than gain clarity on it. I think that the people who just do it every once in a while may receive some benefit but that does not negate the potential for demonic possession. You would probably have to be very clear minded and have no shadow at all which seems impossible as of now.
Yes, the "enlightenment" people get from psychedelics is usually empty. People will say that psychedelics changed their life, but after a while the magic fades. However, it seems like God had a reason for creating them. Maybe just for therapeutic use or microdosing?

Maybe God just likes to party and have fun, and that's why he created natural drugs? So people can get high like he does in the cosmos?

That honestly makes about as much sense as any other explanation I've read posed in the form of, "why did God create [insert thing here]", most of which seem to work backwards from conclusions or assumptions that the person asking has already drawn

Maybe God just likes to party and have fun, and that's why he created natural drugs? So people can get high like he does in the cosmos?

That honestly makes about as much sense as any other explanation I've read posed in the form of, "why did God create [insert thing here]", most of which seem to work backwards from conclusions or assumptions that the person asking has already drawn
I think the reason he created most things was for a purpose, but people simply misuse it. For example, alcohol. He created it so people could have safe hydration when water was bad, but you just happen to be able to get drunk.

On the one hand sorcery is condemned in the OT, and presumably alchemy is a component of it. Likewise pharmacopia is said to be one of the forbidden bodies of knowledge given by the fallen angels in Apocrypha (altho this is open to speculation). Then on the other hand alcohol, its consumption and its production is permitted (even directly admired) by God throughout scripture. God chastises man, often very harshly, for drunkardism - while never blaming the actual substance. For God man is the problem not alchoal - Islam departs on this issue, placing evil itself in the substance. The scriptural attitude is that wine like all things is good and to be enjoyed in moderation, even to be moderately inebriated is something to be enjoyed - but alas, man in his fallen condition does not exert self control.

This attitude would presumably, extend to other herbs and substances - at least of similar potency (as so much of Gods view is concerned with loss of control). I think it fair to say that God would not be in favor of ingesting any substance of which the standard dose causes a person to enter a state of extreme inebriation or delirium. It is permissible to have some wine, or another such compound (im thinking of weed) - but if the standard/required dose is so potent as to seriously inhibit a persons capacities then it is not Gods will. Likewise anything that creates a fast tolerance/addiction is a problem. This is why think God is opposed to things such as meth, heroin, LSD and cocaine (yes even MDMA). Im not sure about chewing on coca leafs, khat or things like that - but im pretty sure the drugs i just mentioned are against Gods purposes for us entirely.
Yes God does blame people rather than substances, because it's our job to be responsible. But from what I can interpret, the Bible does not say that small amounts of a drug for enhancing an experience is inherently bad. From what I can tell, and yes I am biased by kind of hoping that it's not so bad, addiction and using too much to the point of incoherence or dissociation is bad but perhaps smaller amounts are not bad recreationally. But I could be very wrong. After all, even partying and a lot of the experiences people use drugs to enhance could be seen as a sin. I really don't know, I'd just say be smart in general, don't get addicted and don't get fucked up too bad, because even without being a religious person those are still dangerous things.

I consider the Christian philosophy as the philosophy of love. And the interpretations of Christianity that contain hate towards any part of humanity, I don’t consider to be viable which includes many of the most popular sects including Catholicism, Evangelicalism, etc.

As for drugs and philosophy/religion, the Sufi’s I’m sure got high while they got mystical. The ancient mystery religions also got down with psychedelics to enable insight into the nature of things.