• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Christ-like mind....does it always end this way?

Interesting story. Not sure what it has to do with any christ-like mindstate to be honest.

you do see the parallel? as an aside - look at him, he could play Jesus Christ in any film without makeup. the mindstate is never bowing down to evil, regardless of the consequences.

you do see the parallel? as an aside - look at him, he could play Jesus Christ in any film without makeup. the mindstate is never bowing down to evil, regardless of the consequences.

Well if you want to look at the parallel literally, then no.. he committed suicide, as opposed to taking the punishment (however unjust). Undoubtedly a man with a big heart and very technology savvy. I see why one could make the connection, but personally I don't because I see christ/christ-mind as something more profound and which goes beyond the imaginary narrative between good and evil that the religion of Christianity tries to construct on top of the remains of Jesus.

Well if you want to look at the parallel literally, then no.. he committed suicide, as opposed to taking the punishment (however unjust). Undoubtedly a man with a big heart and very technology savvy. I see why one could make the connection, but personally I don't because I see christ/christ-mind as something more profound and which goes beyond the imaginary narrative between good and evil that the religion of Christianity tries to construct on top of the remains of Jesus.
aa

well, for me, Christianity is a set of symbols, nothing more. while watching this movie for the second time, i saw a christian theme - he is a martyr.

to dismiss a martyr for suicide rather than holding on for the blood and gore, is frankly, insupportable. Candy everbody wants......

what can you do with a religion that glorifies torture?

everything that has been done in the name of Christ.

Last edited:
Dammit my phone is at 10% and I have to shut it off to charge it before I can watch it. A good doc would really hit the spot too :( oh well at least I've got something to watch when I wake up tomorrow, thanks for posting this tantric now I've got something to look forward to in the am and I never have anything to look forward to so I really appreciate this, thank you tantric!!!

I didn't see the film, but there was a god article about him in Bloomberg Business Week or maybe it was Rolling Stone right after it happened. I see parallels. Maybe he embodied some Christ-like qualities, and he too was destroyed for his good deeds. And remember, the Empire never died. (from E.C.C.O. emissions transcription)

Last edited: