• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Cholinergic Balance Permanent Damage

You've continued using them even after this experience with 1000mg of dimenhydrinate?

are you talking about recreationally or medically?

Dimenhydrinate only medically or sometimes as a sleep aid. Brugmansia for spiritual and mind-exploration reasons.
But I did Brugmansia recreationally many times.

anticholinergics are notoriosly toxic long-term meds even in therapeutic reference frame and for that reason is commonly prescribed only for terminal diseases like parkinson's

I don't know what you should do but I think that is important fact to reflect on.

Because he said the dose was over a gram and at that dose it has a significant antagonistic effect on NMDA receptors.

Perhaps you should have read the paper that I cited and linked to. Because it's not millimolar it's micromolar for half maximal inhibition.

Half-maximal inhibition occurred at 25 μM. It's in the paper that I cited and linked if you need a experimental reference.

When did I use the word millimolar? I described it as acting in the micromolar range.

But again, what relevance does this have to this person's complaint? What's more relevant is that he took a very strong dose of an anticholinergic.

And again, your unqualified phrase of "Diphenhydramine is an NMDA-antagonist" is misleading since diphenhydramine's main action is on histamine receptors and mAChRs (upon which it acts in the nanomolar range).

I've noticed you bringing up similar irrelevant minutiae in other threads, often for the sake of argument. In this case, you defined the mechanism of diphenhydramine as being that of an NMDA-antagonist, which served to confuse the OP who essentially said, "no its not, it's an antihistamine/anticholinergic", to which you responded by citing an article that described weak affinity for the NMDAR based on in vitro experimental data.

anticholinergics are notoriosly toxic long-term meds even in therapeutic reference frame and for that reason is commonly prescribed only for terminal diseases like parkinson's

I don't know what you should do but I think that is important fact to reflect on.
Yeah, probably. Thank you by the worry anyway.

They prescribe them to people with Parkinson's? Wouldn't that be counterproductive? Blocking cognitive neurotransmission in those with dementias?

They prescribe them to people with Parkinson's? Wouldn't that be counterproductive? Blocking cognitive neurotransmission in those with dementias?

It's because of the cholinergic-dopaminergic system balance. People with Parkinson's disease have dopamine deficiency and blocking the cholinergic system (mainly the muscarinic subtype) increase the dopamine levels.
From what I understand, I may be wrong...
But I always think about it, dementias are high risks

It's because of the cholinergic-dopaminergic system balance. People with Parkinson's disease have dopamine deficiency and blocking the cholinergic system (mainly the muscarinic subtype) increase the dopamine levels.
From what I understand, I may be wrong...
But I always think about it, dementias are high risks
It's because anticholinergics reduce or abolish involuntary muscle spasms and cramping caused by cholinergic action. That's why they're prescribed.

Some have the side effect of inhibiting dopamine reuptake and therefore increase dopamine levels in the brain, but that's not the main reason they're prescribed.

Prescribing Wellbutrin would be much better for increasing dopamine levels than prescribing an anticholinergic.

They can also reduce drooling in Parkinson's disease patients, but the use of anticholinergics is specifically to stop involuntary movement.

It's also useful in some conditions that have spastic muscle action like irritable bowel syndrome.

Atropine is the classic anti-cholinergic drug. It is used to stop cholinergic overload due to nerve agents inhibiting acetylcholinesterase.

Choline overload is what causes the twitching from nerve agent poisoning. It's the same thing that causes bugs to writhe and twist on the ground when you spray them with bug spray.

Last edited:
It's to stop involuntary muscle movement.

Any increase in dopamine is a side effect.

They're are a lot better DRIs to increase dopamine.

Wait so is alpha gpc in this category?
Sorry, but I... don't know what it means
Don't know what it means and I say
I'm the one who get really fuckin' stone
And I like to sing my songs
And I never return to home, but I
Don't know what it means
Don't know what it means and I say, yeah

Oh, I was thinking about something interesting. One day I was talking about this kind of drug with with a few friends, and I said that, if it wasn't for the disgusting physical side effects, I could (maybe?) consider deliriants as recreational drugs, so one of them told me about the selective M1 antagonist anticholinergics, he said that it only block the M1 muscarinic receptors, responsible to the mental effects without blocking the other muscarinic receptors associated with other side effects, a few of them related to cause euphoria and abused in some places. Very strange how I doesn't feel nothing at all from those meds.

so what are those drugs they talked about?

processed amanita muscaria has been considered surprisingly good recreational slightly trippy sedative in this forum also. I have consumed both raw amanita and processed amanita and I can say unprocessed might be interesting curiosity but probably won't make you happy and I can not recommend it, it is rather unhealthy also probably. When I consume properly heat-treated amanita I can not say I miss any effect lost in refining the product.

Properly oxygenated amanita is very natural-feeling high, that does not evel feel like high but medicinal relief in low doses.

If you are confused why my earlier post changed for no obvious reason, I was drunk and I realized I made mistake in my self-expression and I attempted to correct it, I think my posts are coherent now and I don't think I disagree with them anymore.

One thing; amanita is great combo with cannabis, was the amanita processed or unprocessed.

But alcohol is bad combo, it just blocks the amanita in aggressive manner.

One thing; amanita is great combo with cannabis, was the amanita processed or unprocessed.

I like amanita medicinally. One of the few gabaergic type drug I can take. I don’t enjoy recreational benzos. Idk just feel stupid not high when I used benzos.

In correct doses amanita doesn’t make me feel stupid just very relaxed

so what are those drugs they talked about?

processed amanita muscaria has been considered surprisingly good recreational slightly trippy sedative in this forum also. I have consumed both raw amanita and processed amanita and I can say unprocessed might be interesting curiosity but probably won't make you happy and I can not recommend it, it is rather unhealthy also probably. When I consume properly heat-treated amanita I can not say I miss any effect lost in refining the product.
Trihexyphenidyl, biperiden, benztropine, stuff like that. Yeah, amanita is a very interesting drug, remember me zolpidem.

Once I smoked a joint before drink the amanita tea, I had a very nice sleep, crazy dreams, and no nausea.