• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Chlorpromazine.

Old school neuroleptyc I remember Lagarctil brand, full of nasty secondary effects. As an example, many years ago they offer you Lagarctil or Sinogan (levomepromazine) to people detained in wds at some police stations. Best part of them refused it, as they prefered to endure the wds rarher than suffer all those effects plus the deep retardation that those meds sent you in

Well to me it's not so bad.. in fact I prefer it over Haldol. To me Haldol has a lot more side effects compared to Chlorpromazine. I actually like Chlorpromazine. As for Haldol forget taking that stuff.

I'm just wondering about something. What's your opinion on Chlorpromazine ?

I love it. It's especially excellent for anxiety. The only non-benzo drug that works as well as a benzo. I don't get any side-effects from it like the severe lethargy I get with the newer antipsychotics and it doesn't make me ravenously hungry for carbs* like most APs.

*especially important for me personally as I'm a type 1 diabetic

Most of the people who hate it or get nasty effects (affects?) are because in prisons and psych wards they used to (and I'm sure some shady ones still do) give people ridiculous doses mostly to sedate and control them. For example, I'm on 100mg as needed whereas people would get like 1000mg a day for sedation or because they were aggressive and my psych has said it's insane (ironically) as nobody - not even somebody is a severe full-blown psychosis - needs 1000mg a day.

^ ^ It almost feels like your on a Benzo when you take the stuff and it feels so relaxing compared to other Antipsychotics. If you wanna mellow out Chlorpromazine will definitely mellow you out.

Well to me it's not so bad.. in fact I prefer it over Haldol. To me Haldol has a lot more side effects compared to Chlorpromazine. I actually like Chlorpromazine. As for Haldol forget taking that stuff.

Oh, sure Haldol /Haloperidol is even worse. They had to prescribe it in combo with Akineton (antiparkinson) to reduce the motion related issues that Haldol produced in some people.
To be honest, today is the first time that I learn that there is people who like chlopromazine, it was a very despised drug

I remember one time in a psych ward they were giving me Chlorpromazine and I started to feel better after a couple days. Then... I got a new doctor and he put me on Haldol. After a couple days I stared shaking my legs and my hands like crazy. So, I refused taking the stuff. I told the doctor I was experiencing bad side effects, but he didn't care. Anyway I refused the Haldol and they put me on risperidone instead. After about a week I started to feel better, but I wonder why it was that they took me off the Chlorpromazine. Because it worked so well. Anyway, I take clozapine now and it's working well for me. And I just wanted to know what's peoples experience with Chlorpromazine is.

I wonder if it's people who are not prescribed it but try to take it recreationally who hate it.
It does have one good use. If you've been on speed for a while and awake for days, it will put you right down.