• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chlorphenesin Carbamate - Huge Letdown or Is My Dose Too Low?

muie

Bluelighter
I personally love Soma (carisoprodol) and it is most definitely in my top 4 favorites of all time if not even 2nd next to opioids! I love it on its own and even more with opioids! I haven't been able Soma for quite some time now so I decided to order the most similar thing (as far as literature on it led me to believe), which in this case was chlorphenesin carbamate which is also a centrally acting muscle relaxant with sedative effects.

I got quite a few chlorphenesin carbamate 250mg pills and was looking forward to trying it!

I took 750mg (3 pills) at once with no noticeable effects, as my opioid high was wearing off (as I would do with the Soma). After waiting 1hr I took another 500mg (2 pills), along with 2mg of lorazepam. I took 1250mg within a 1 1/2hr - 2hr period! With Soma I would be able to feel even 350mg and for sure 700mg!

I took these about 2hrs ago and I have gotten nothing reminiscent of Soma, nor have I gotten what I was expecting from reading the literature available on it.

My motor skills are almost intact, there is no drunken feeling or euphoria....maybe from the mixture but honestly I have no idea if this is a dangerous dose since I see they are also available in 500mg pills, so looking at them from that point I only took 2 and a half!

It would be awesome to have a few more reports on this or if anyone can share their experiences since the information available on it is extremely limited!

p.s. I've had Methocarbamol (Robaxin) and this medication at least at this dose, seems almost on par! Methocarbamol is also said to be a centrally acting muscle relaxant with sedative effects, so I honestly don't know if this chemical is just one of those that has little to no abuse/recreational potential, or if my dose is too small!

Last edited:
Chlorphenesin was available here in Canada in topical form as a OTC anti-fungal cream. I can't find anything about it's use as a muscle relaxant except that it's no longer used due to safer alternatives such as Benzos.

As for Methocarbamol while it may be a Carbamate it is nothing like Soma. It is available OTC in Canada either in pure form (Robaxin) or with Aspirin, acetaminophen or Ibuprofen. It is also available OTC in Canada by asking the pharmacist in the form of ROBAXACET-8 among other generic names which contains 400mg's of Methocarbamol, 325mg's of Acetaminophen and 8mg's of Codeine.

Methocarbamol is in my opinion a useless drug. It does nothing to act as a muscle relaxant and the last time i took it all it did was dilate my pupils so much it looked like i was on Acid, make me feel weird in a bad way and make me puke my guts up. In my opinion Orphenadrine is a much better muscle relaxant and a pretty good opiate potentiator. Id chuck the Methocarbamol in the trash personally.

I was in no way comparing Methocarbamol with Soma! I have had the exact version you are talking about with codeine in it, however Its definitely not 8mg codeine, its slightly more, I think 10mg-12.5mg. I’ve only had them once as they are very expensive, for the price of 30 – 40 of those pills (however many come in a box) you can get 300-400 AC&C or Tylenol 1s with 8mg codeine/15mg caffeine. Even using it as a mean to potentiate other sedatives & opioids it never did anything, but make my motor skills slightly off, with a bad feeling! Far from recreational, I agree!

I wasn’t expecting anything like Soma from Chlorphenesin carbamate (250mg pills) but was hoping for a step up from shitty methocarbamol. I’ve gone through 96 pills (250mg) within 30 days since I made the original post. Taking them with opioids & benzos in doses of 750mg-1000mg seem okay, especially if your muscles hurt this definitely does the job well, superior to methocarbamol for sure however not even 1/10th the recreational potential of Soma! I do feel there is something to them but it could be due to the fact that I take them with benzos and/or opioids.

Has anyone else tried Chlorphenesin carbamate?

p.s. I had them all via oral administration and the lowest dose I've taken was 500mg with the highest in a 12hr-24hr period being 2,500mg (2g and 1/2g).