• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Chloral Hydrate

Bluewhaler

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I'm new to the community and have a product I purchased on [removed - negro]. I'm a insomniac and frequent weed smoker in search of ways to get proper sleep at night. Attached is the bottle i received. I'd appreciate if someone can explain if it's safe to take and at what dosage for adults?

Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there testing facilities available where you live? Kinda distrust Chinese chemical's. If its pure you have an ancient downer.

Report back about your experience after conferming its real.

I've had it in the form of a fine crystalline powder. Takes multiple hundreds of milligrams to produce substantial effects (from what I recall 400mg+). Irritates the stomach, wasn't big fan of its effects, but it does kick in quickly.

Do not use regularly or every night due to habit forming potential. Never mix with alcohol or benzos especially. This stuff can be lethal at high doses.

I have had it years ago bought from some online chemical place and it is sedating but not overly pleasant at high doses. Even mixed in juice or something sweet it tastes bitter and gross.

I've taken Alpha-Chloralose which I would assume would be similar. Somewhat hammer to the head downer, but not totally.
A "hammer to the head" downer is what I call one that knocks you out but has low recreational potential. Think Clonidine.
Alpha-Chloralose does have some recreational potential, though.

But, be careful, it can knock you out. Has anesthetic properties. A buddy of mine was taking it at work and totally zoned out while still ambulatory. They took him to the hospital since he was unresponsive while still up and walking and talking. Couldn't answer questions logically, staring into space. Of course they drug tested him and he was saved by the fact that they don't test for such things. So, they said he had a "dissociative episode" and he didn't get in trouble. I'm glad about that since I already felt bad for giving the Alpha-Chloralose to him.

Both Alpha-Chloralose and Chloral Hydrate can cause seizures or tremors at anesthetic doses and I remember reading something about them both causing the formation of toxic chemicals in your system when combined with alcohol (although I can't find that reference right now).

I used what I had in low doses in combination with other sedatives. It was handy for that. Not a terrible little downer. But, I never thought it was worth it to buy any more.