• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Chipping advice & A WD Conundrum

genki

Greenlighter
So, in the past I've been addicted to amphetamines, marijuana (still am save for abstaining a couple days before my rehab UA) opioids, cigs and very heavily on benzos which I'm tapering right now.

ANYWAY, let's get to the bottom of this.
You could call me a chipper as I've never let opioids slide into continuous daily use and it's not uncommon for me to have at least a month between uses when I don't have a decent-sized bag of whatever opioid.

However, recently I received a pack of 5g O-DSMT (RC, active metabolite of Tramadol with significantly more classical effects, around 0.5x morphine potency) and my dumb ass binged for 3 days thinking I could get away with no withdrawal.
Nope, woke up in bed on the 4th day with "moderate" withdrawals - severe RLS and runny nose, pretty bad muscle and bones aches, pupils fully dilated... Isn't this odd considering I hadn't used any true opioid since NYE (~850mg morphine equivalent in a short lasting RC - AP-238 - over 3 days, NONE to MILD WD's) and only red vein Kratom every 3-4 days in the 10-14g dose range?
Amount used was 2.3g, so around 1150mg morphine equivalent over 3 days, I caved on the 2nd day of WD and used again for 2 days with smaller doses and now am at day 2 of WD, with 10g of Kratom absolutely blowing away all of my symptoms.

So, my questions are:
- Is it normal for heavy (nodding all day pretty much) but very short use to cause pretty bad WDs?
- Is doing it strictly 2x a week for a few weeks going to keep me at mild WD's when I stop? I used to do 400mg Tramadol on such a schedule for 2 months and only faced mild WD's afterwards
- How much after WD's stop am I in the clear to use again?
- Is it the Kratom taken recreationally that rose my tolerance so damn high? On my first O-DSMT binge (Dec 1st) before ever having used Kratom, a 1g bag along with 0.5g of aforementioned AP-238 totalling about 1.5g morphine lasted me 6 days, with doses on the last day being lower than doses on the first day of my latest one.
Since then I've been using red veun Kratom every 3-4 days at 10-14g.

Regards

The answer is that each time you experience withdrawal you become more suspectible to it, and the withdrawal becomes worse.

I have been through withdrawal many times, some of which at high severity so two days of opioid use can produce withdrawal symptoms.

The most I can use is perhaps once a month (a single dose) without experiencing any withdrawal.

Thus the answers to your questions are hard to answer as they are highly variable per person.

What you got away with a while back will be hard to get away again...

I completely understand the kindling effect, unfortunately I've been a victim of it myself with benzos, my last heavy Clonazolam habit having lasted for 6 months because I was terrified of coming off.
Have tapered under supervision for 2 months now with about a month + PAWS left to go through, only had a few setbacks when I took slightly more than prescribed but thankfully with no ill effect afterwards.

I think I might dial back the proposed use to Kratom 1x a week and a true opioid 1x a week, hopefully that way I will stay clear of WDs.
I have 1.5g left of my bag and I don't think I'll be getting more soon, so about enough for 7-8 days of use.

I also have some 3-MeO-PCP I will try to use the day before opioids as I've heard NMDA antagonists/dissos reduce and prevent buildup of opioid tolerance.