• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

China Bans 116 RCs... How will this affect the scene?

rwtrwt

Bluelighter
I checked the "What's New" section on Erowid today and found this

https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/law/countries/law_china.shtml

and then by clicking "September 2015 List of 116 Newly Controlled Chemicals" I got the entire list of banned chems which includes but is not limited to

Banned Chemicals

NBOME family
2c-x family
#-FA family
#-FMA family
#-MAPB family
DOC
Many in Canabanoid family
Many in Cathinone family
Many in Tryptamine family
MXE
Ethylphenidate
Phenazepam
fentanyl family
piperazine famliy

I tried to categorize families of drugs here to shorten the list so I am sure I omitted something important to someone. The point is that the list is long and includes many popular RCs. How much do you guys think this will affect availability and/or price of these RCs. AFAIK many of the RCs that exist are manufactured in China and may be quite difficult to produce if pushed underground. Do you think China will strictly enforce this law or is it just to appease the prohibitionist international community?

It doesn't matter who bans what once you understand there's no beating chemistry...

fuck. this is going to destroy the scene....yes no beating chemistry....but many of our favorites our done for...on to the next round of new and potentially deadly chemicals, i'm gonna miss mxe, acetylFENT and the nbomes very much. and 4FA. amazing shit. fuck fuck fuck

There are non china labs..... While many compounds eill become a bit harder to find I am sure someone somewhere will produce it in place of china.

Maybe this will just create a larger demand for the great original drugs that rc's were made to mimic. Although ive enjoyed quite a few rc's i still prefer the originals and wish the availability was as good as it used to be.

No substance groups blanket bans; will just cause new legal substances to appear, no worries.

No substance groups blanket bans; will just cause new legal substances to appear, no worries.
Exactly, once you've understood there's no beating chemistry this is what happens. Substitutions are always available...

Yeah just like what happened when India cracked down on ketamine...
Not really as India had pretty much owned the K menopoly. While china produces a lot there are labs in Japan, Korea, possibly Russia, European territories, India, the states, etc.

Ya my fav trip isn't banned only 5 attatchments it looked and on the newer ones mainly like Malt and Dalt, but unfortunately 5-meo-dmt is banned. People should stock up pn MXE in anticipation of a dry spell.

2c b has been banned in china for ages. Have recently seen Chinese vendors offering it... Soooo there is that.

Sad, but the industry will move on like our wise members have pointed out.

Do you think all of the fentanyl deaths lately had something to do with this happening? I think the fentanyl and benzo deaths are prompting officials to take action, and to sweep other fairly harmless RCs out with them.

I was surprised just now to notice that there are many great psychedelics *not* on that list. I just assumed when it said 116 that everything good would be banned. Sad to see most of the 2c-x's banned, but I suppose those are popular enough (and easy enough) that production will just move elsewhere.

I think international trade and political pressures are more likely to have influenced this than any concern on China's part for the end-users' wellbeing.

I think international trade and political pressures are more likely to have influenced this than any concern on China's part for the end-users' wellbeing.

Yeah that's what I mean: I can imagine political pressure on China being applied as a direct response to the deaths from fentanyls and benzos. There's these TPP negotiations going on right now, might be related.

Well if prohibiting the creation and sale of other chemicals has been a model for this, than they will be more prevalent and cheaper.
I can walk down my block and get heroin and cocaine. I call a friend and have pot delivered. I can call some people and get uppers, downers, and all arounders. Those are banned substances, well not the pills, but in that context they are. How are RCs different?

If there is a market for it, it will be there regardless of its banned status. The only real problem I see is the shipping. We already get packages through customs here, so I assume there will be just as much corruption in chinese customs.

Money rules all. From the invention of currency there has been corruption. Corruption of politics, police forces, and customs will ensure you will not have to go wanting for long. The money on creating banned substances is just too good.

^ I think a lot of the reason that these drugs had even the marginal popularity they did have (when compared to the black market drug trade as a whole) was simply the fact that they were semi-legal. If not for that fact people would just as soon do the "classics" like MDMA, LSD, meth, heroin, cannabis, ketamine, etc. As evident by the fact that that's what those RC's were sometimes passed off as, esp. in the case of MDMA, which is really the ultimate example of that phenomenon I think.

Certain RC's like MXE or mephedrone have staying power I think, but a lot of them will disappear into the ether and honestly I don't think it's any great loss.

Last edited: