• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chillum smoking info.

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
What's the best technique to smoke on of these? How the hell do you hold it right & what's up with putting a rag over the bottom piece before you suck?
Also how the hell do experienced smokers get 3/4 drags in one pull?

What makes the best quality one? Clay, wood, stone etc???

Thanks in advance.

Carrot! Find a big one, core it out using something like a metal drinking straw or a long drill bit if you're pressed for time, Carve a decent-sized cavity in the top and cut a screen to fit snug in the bottom, Then, put that sucker in the fridge to chill till you need it. Load up with something worthy but don't tamp it down too tight or it's tough to torch. Once choofed up the result is cool and oddly satisfying.

Is thwre any reason you specifically want a chillum? I cant think of a single advantage for one....

But hey, do you. In terms of construction, glass will always be top tier as it is an inert and clean surface. A close second is quartz/crystal, and smooth stone after that. Wood is common, cheap, durable, but is literally impossible to clean. Metal is glass but heavu, more durable, and gets hotter than the devils dick (especially a chillum)

And chillum technique is a whole thing, with pretty much none of them being beneficial besides the old school sadhu style grip. You hold the chillum upright between pinky and ring finger. Seal end with other hand and make a kind "ok" handgesture with your holding hand. The only venefit to that is its more sanitary and your hand catches the ash. But youtube is your friend hers

If youre determined to go chillum, make it yourself. Itll be the most rewarding.

Or save yourself a ton of frustration and purchase/make a bowl. You can make a bowl out of anything. Literally. Dig 2 holes in the earth, bam, bowl. Any piece of fruit or vegetable? Bam, bowl. Pipe fittings? Bowl. Car parts? Bowl. Tin foil and a pen? Bowl. Youre own goddamn nostril? Bowl

Get creative. I believe in you.....

.....i also believe you should be an adult and learn to roll, but hey, atleast i answer your post before shitting on you.

Is thwre any reason you specifically want a chillum? I cant think of a single advantage for one....

But hey, do you. In terms of construction, glass will always be top tier as it is an inert and clean surface. A close second is quartz/crystal, and smooth stone after that. Wood is common, cheap, durable, but is literally impossible to clean. Metal is glass but heavu, more durable, and gets hotter than the devils dick (especially a chillum)

And chillum technique is a whole thing, with pretty much none of them being beneficial besides the old school sadhu style grip. You hold the chillum upright between pinky and ring finger. Seal end with other hand and make a kind "ok" handgesture with your holding hand. The only venefit to that is its more sanitary and your hand catches the ash. But youtube is your friend hers

If youre determined to go chillum, make it yourself. Itll be the most rewarding.

Or save yourself a ton of frustration and purchase/make a bowl. You can make a bowl out of anything. Literally. Dig 2 holes in the earth, bam, bowl. Any piece of fruit or vegetable? Bam, bowl. Pipe fittings? Bowl. Car parts? Bowl. Tin foil and a pen? Bowl. Youre own goddamn nostril? Bowl

Get creative. I believe in you.....

.....i also believe you should be an adult and learn to roll, but hey, atleast i answer your post before shitting on you.
I agree with most of this save a couple of things. I agree that glass is prolly the best material for a chillum. IMO glass has the most neutral taste while wood can vary in flavor and metal just kinda sucks.

I've tried the chillum grip where you smoke out of your hand but for me it's just a PITA. Rather just stick it between my lips and not draw so hard that the ashes fly down my throat.

As for the pipe fittings, this is an absolutely terrible idea. I made a bowl out of pipe fittings once and it made me puke. I don't remember if it was the brass or the copper that I later learned was toxic, but either way I wouldn't risk it.

I roll sometimes but its also the most smelly way to smoke. Sometimes in order to be discreet in public, I don't wanna smell like a fucking reggae fest. Smoking joints or blunts just allows the smell to permeate your hands, clothes, and even your mouth. I'd rather smoke from glass and slide through undetected.

My favorite chillum is a helix. Has a carburetor so there's only one way to hold it. The smoke spirals in the chamber to cool it off like a bong.

Chillums are fun. There's no particular advantage to them other than making believe you are an Indian Sadhu smoking your Ganja.
Actually, it is also neat and advantageous to be able to smoke out of almost anything. I used a ceramic TIG welding tip for some time in my life, both at home and at my place of employment where I TIG welded.

There are at least three ways to hold a chillum. The one handed method mentioned is the easiest. It also leaves the other hand open to light it.

As for the pipe fittings, this is an absolutely terrible idea. I made a bowl out of pipe fittings once and it made me puke. I don't remember if it was the brass or the copper that I later learned was toxic, but either way I wouldn't risk it.

Yeah, hard agree here. Honestly if it gave you a reaction really quickly it was probably the grease and other machining chemicals used to release stuff from moulds or whatever in the manufacturing process. Brass is certainly OK - or at least doesn't taste terrible or make you puke. Clean brass made for smoking out of anyway. A family member had a brass pipe for my whole life and I was going to get it when he died.. unfortunately some crack head stole it not long before he died so yeah :/ it was nice though.. little 'one hitter' that let out almost zero smoke after a hit. Definitely didn't taste weird.

Best pipe I've ever had personally was one me and a friend made out of bamboo. It was about 8 inches long, and it had a 'double joint' that was perfect to bang a notch out of and turn into the bowl. People loved it and thought it was the coolest shit - I've been meaning to make another one for years.. hmm maybe that can be tomorrows adventure.

I was a plumber for years and always made bowls. I giess you just need to know what fittings to use lol

The whole "smoking out of metal is bad" thing is a plot by the glass pipe manufacturers. In the 70's, every head shop sold brass and stainless steel pipes made from lamp parts. You might have heard of issues if they were caused.
WMN01.jpg

what's up with putting a rag over the bottom piece before you suck?
If by bottom piece you mean mouthpiece, then here is your answer:

Germs are gross. In group settings sometimes you'll see people wipe the mouthpiece end of the pipe off with their shirt or even put a flame to it. The most up to date involves using a personal mouthpieces which is separate from the pipe that is being passed around.

If by bottom piece you mean bowl, then here is your answer:

It's difficult to see if a cherry has been lit on a chillum. An easy way to tell if your bowl is on fire is to use any reflective material to place in front of the bowl to view the lighting level of the lit or unlit bowl.

It's difficult to see if a cherry has been lit on a chillum. An easy way to tell if your bowl is on fire is to use any reflective material to place in front of the bowl to view the lighting level of the lit or unlit bowl.
I usually just use any shiny metal part of my lighter. Zippos are handy for this.

People who visit India say that they are told that the wet rag is "to cool the smoke". Don't know if that actually works or not.

I used to always carry a glass chillum around with me. I was unaware of any specific hand techniques or inhaling through a rag though.

I liked it because it was compact enough to carry in a pocket, had a bowl roughly the size of a small to medium sized spoon, and well mine were all color changing glass.

I always just tipped my head back a bit and lit it like a blunt or a joint or something.

The ash doesn't really get into your mouth any more than smoking out of a spoon bowl without a screen. Speaking of bowls I could use a new one.

I didn't realize the rag thing was as prevalent in alternative uses as I had thought.

I have a few stains on a couple shirts from doing this method to cool off dab pen hits. It does stain, fyi

Could you post a picture of the chillum? It kind of depends. I used to just nug plug them. You can also use a little pebble, obviously make sure to clean it though. Nug plug and not sucking too hard always worked fine for me. Just hitting it like a joint, but mine was a simple straw type chillum, then I'd use the bottom of a thumbtack to plug the weed down and pack it nicely.