The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Chicago Heroin v. No Touching of the Hair or Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been suicidal many times in the past, being told you're selfish for wanting to kill yourself was completely unhelpful. I'm not saying suicide is or isn't selfish. And thinking about the people I would hurt through my suicide did prevent me from acting. But when I heard anything from other people that highlighted my inferiority or flaws, I was only more inclined to act. Hatred of myself outweighed concern for others often and it probably does for some other people. I could be wrong, maybe this method works for someone. But just in my experience, it's counter productive.

If you want to make someone not kill themselves, make them feel better. Make them feel positive about what they have. A logical analysis on suicide's impact on others is not what they need. It's a complex mindset, to be suicidal, and what people are saying is probably not exactly how they feel. So the safest bet is to give them love and care as much as possible.

Man, shut the fuck up.
You've gotta be kidding me, dude. Life is so fuckin' delicate & precious, and you want to throw it all away... for what?
Because of drugs? Because of the aftermath & damage done? That can all be fixed. You can't go back once you pull the trigger, man.
You need to think this out. Go the 'done route if you think it's going to help.
But, whatever, you do.. don't fuckin' take your life over something so trivial. You're a fuckin' MAN for god's sake. Act like one.
Grow a pair of nuts & man up, buddy. I swear to god... If I knew you IRL, I'd kick you right in that fleshy patch spot where your nuts used to be.
Since when do you know wtf is going on in his head when he says he wants to off himself? At least he's man enough to make that post and ask what to do? You're an alright dude but you sure can come off as an ass when being an ass is the opposite thing needed. Be a little more compassionate. You would think you know what he's going through since you're addicted as well and would be a little nicer about it.

Having been suicidal many times in the past, being told you're selfish for wanting to kill yourself was completely unhelpful. I'm not saying suicide is or isn't selfish. And thinking about the people I would hurt through my suicide did prevent me from acting. But when I heard anything from other people that highlighted my inferiority or flaws, I was only more inclined to act. Hatred of myself outweighed concern for others often and it probably does for some other people. I could be wrong, maybe this method works for someone. But just in my experience, it's counter productive.

If you want to make someone not kill themselves, make them feel better. Make them feel positive about what they have. A logical analysis on suicide's impact on others is not what they need. It's a complex mindset, to be suicidal, and what people are saying is probably not exactly how they feel. So the safest bet is to give them love and care as much as possible.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Well said

I know I am selfish for wanting to kill myself. I am an only child and my mom will probably die from the grief. Then again is having a junky for a son any better? I know its the selfish way out but what if I am selfish? My friends will get over it no doubt. My extended family as well. Its my mom and step dad I feel bad for. One of them will most likely find my body after the OD. That breaks my heart but I am trying to come up with a way to maybe not have them find me. I just don't want to fuck this up and end up withdrawing in the fucking phych ward again. I think that scares me way more than dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.