The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Chicago heroin thread v. blowin for blows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo yo yo people!!! Man I fell off like bad dope for a few days on here. I need to buckle down and get my fuckin posts up. How bout the bulls making the playoffs!? It was kinda a Givin that they were gonna make it but they are still looking pretty good without the injury prone home town hero (D Rose). He was expected to make a triumphant return just before the playoffs start so let's keep our fingers crossed!!! Chicago is aching for another championship

that hurts to hear about that lil' kid and his mom, but that IS the reality of it all for so many! That probably describes 90% of the women ive worked with, where I want to take their kids! Sadly the only ones who do well are the ones adopted out by non-family and not bounced through the system or with access to the birth vessel.

I just had to wake up and hope my kid isn't dragging ass today to get ready for school. I was drenched in sweat with the weirdest dreams! I had started a sub before bed, there is lingering withdrawal happening now (mostly nausea, sweats and feeling weird). I just took another dose, hopefully I'll even out. I don't want to puke on 290.

I wish you the best. I started at 12, I was a club kid and drugs were just accepted in my world. I don't know how to explain it but I lived the real version of "party monster" and heroin or hiv took so many from my group. Just remember that you gotta come off of subs too and if I can be "mom" here ... remember to BRUSH YOUR TEETH while taking subs and done. It will rot your grill from the chemicals and the sugar cravings. I used to do needle exchange and I'm a big believer in it for all cities, heroin is hitting small town america now that dea has shut down pill mills. All to keep pockets lined ;)

I have seen a couple of your post relating to this so I have to ask... Are you related to Michael Alig?
and I feel ya on the pill mill thing.... I have been doing heroin since 98' and you used to have to be Puerto Rican or be good friends with one to find heroin in Orlando... Now they have 24hr trap spots with gringos lined up around the corner and PC's everywhere... and yes brush your fucking teeth on methadone or Subs... I would recomend that dry mouth, mouth wash because it really drys out your mouth and that is where most of the problems come from.. That and I heard it can slow down you absorption of necessary nutrients... I was on methadone for years and i ate way less... Now that I am off the done I want to eat all the fucking time...

I used to listen to house and jungle back then day. Now I just listen to music that my friends bands make or "indie" rock I guess. How about you?

God, I listen to shoegaze ... there I admitted it. I loved good dirty jungle back in the day or ghetto booty house.

Shoegaze gets such bad rap but dig it. We went and saw slowdive at the Vic a couple off months ago and it was amazing. Dirty jungle was the shit. I wish I still had all my tapes. Remember The Jungle Book? It was like Casper, Brian, snuggles... So good

omg haha. I'll email you about the "jungle book". I still own it! Psst: It's phantom 45 ;)

I still have some Phantom 45 cassettes around. I miss those days. Did Boogie Down Christmas stop or move to a club party at some point?

Not sure about boogie down Christmas. The last party I went to was in 99 I think. By then the scene was pretty horrible. Wait..I did go to one of the live on the decks when the reopened photon at the Harvey for nostalgia sakes and I think Richie Hawtin was spinning. I've never been a fan of techno but I never minded him.

oh wow flash.fucking.backs. The Decks! Anyone else go to see Dimitiry when he spun (Dimitry from Dee-lite). It was pretty amazing. The anti-raving law passed around then and shit sucked :( I was at some abandoned mall in Dolton when the DEA and FBI raided it. There's some film out there with me in it talking about how "fuck these people ...I've been doing this forever" and then you hear "HIT THE FLOOR". Someone in the chicago rave scene uploaded a lot of the vhs films to a facebook group, it's really awesome trying to spot yourself. I woke up one day to pretty much every bad thing I did tagged and posted, so I opted out of that group haha. As they say, "If you remember the 90's, you did it wrong".

Yeah, the anti-raving laws were bullshit and basically made it impossible to have anything to do with a party within city limits out of fear of being arrested. For some reason I could never get into Dee-Light. Most of the girls I hung with back then loved that shit and idealized that girl but they were never really my thing. Musically speaking, one of my favorite memories from back then was seeing Daft Punk at the first Further festival. Hardly anyone there, myself included, had ever seen/heard of them but they fucking killed it. It was before the masks and all of that stuff.
I'm glad I had enough foresight back then to either put a ballon over my face, pull my hoodie down or run anytime I saw a camera. No one, especially me, needs to see historic proof of my cracked out ass from back then. It's like that horrible feeling when the lights would go on and the music was over. Everyone' would be scurrying to get out of there and to after hours because over half the crowd looked/was fucked....good times.

Don't even know what to say...making me feel older every time I read this thread. At least I'm not blade and fat (itchy)...sorry, that was a pretty insensitive comment.
Once I was out of school (college), on my own in NYC, interest in anything outside of dysfunctional relationships and heroin just fell to the wayside. I distinctly remember one night out alone, playing pool, feeling proud of myself for giving up drinking and smoking, and coke, mainly all my vices, thinking "I'm only doing heroin now..." - like it was some accomplishment. Hard to explain. There was a good long period where I really had no friends, aquaintences, yes, people I used with, yes, but no friends.
I recently went to a 25 yr college reunion of sorts, and I'm making peace with myself and also renewing old friendships again.
music was a great part of growing up. Then growing up ended.

Shit, that was bald and fat. I can't even type on this phone right...
really, no offense to the bald and overweight. That was just aimed at my boy Itch.

There was a good long period where I really had no friends, aquaintences, yes, people I used with, yes, but no friends.
I have heard stories similar to this time and time again, and my own relates. A lack of social relationships makes one vulnerable to heroin. It makes you feel content, litterly filling that hole in some of our lives.

I relate. I'm 100% single and have been for a VERY long time. No sex life... nothing. It's weird and yes, it affects everything

I'm thinking of having a poll to get some concrete data. It would only apply to those who were like that before using or when they started using. Because we all know ppl who had relationships but destroyed their relationships through their drug use. But that is not what we are discussing here.
I am talking about people who were longing for a connection with others (whether that is romantic or not), and picked up their habit around that same time. In that way, the negative emotions from that MAY have contributed to picking up a habit (wanting to escape or feel content regardless of unhappiness from lack of human interaction).

Opiates make not having any sex life, let alone relationships more bare-able. Hence people using them to cope with unhappiness such as myself in the past. I agree is affects everything, the bad thing is sex is a very healthy activity (given it doesnt produce a child and u dont catch an STD, and no one's heart gets broken :\ ). It really connects individuals in a very unique way.

I think you should totally do the poll! Great idea! I think personally that if you get into a relationship with someone who does use, the ritual of copping, using etc is more sexual than sex. It's totally romantic in our jukie addled heads. Laying outside with a warm breeze and a good nod on each other? Bliss (for a bit). Until you realize you can't get clean at the same time, stay clean and then remain honest always. You'll always cherish them but it's one of those "do or die" that loses it's appeal after the age of 25ish. Now I'm far too scared to let someone know. People fucking suck.

I'm married to a wonderful person, and have two amazing children, which I was convinced would never happen to me.
And after our 2nd child, we stopped having sex, then I relapsed 3 yrs ago, and I'm afraid I've ruined my marriage forever. Aside from sex, which doesn't have much appeal anymore (maybe partially due to the meds I'm on), there's no emotional closeness or support anymore. and I was like that prior to marriage. Searching for that. But I'm not leaving now because I'm not going to ruin my kids lives similar to the way I grew up, and maybe there is a chance to repair this after all. But I made a commitment of my own free will in the beginning...
man I wish I could just get high.

Sorry, don't know how much of that makes sense, or why I'm even putting it out there.
I think you're right, jjones, unfortunately. It was just the perfect conditions that produced me, from the beginning, nature or nurture, who cares, but junk heals my sorry brain.
Except there's no real viable endgame.

...You dirty lying mofo!...spreading rumors that might stick! You know I'm not fat and bald! Lol! Whats up man. How are ya. :) Although, I do feel old reading about raves and whatever else that I have no idea about. Yeah, unfortunately I was "doing it right" in the 90ties and I do remember. Makes me cringe.
What!? No sex life...? Oh no 7/11s around or what.
"Seeex...I used to have se-e-e-x"... Ha! I don't know why that popped into my head. Grandpa from the Simsons!
Later y'all. ...HA!...
Oh, in addition, you know what makes me feel even older? Not knowing how to copy/paste things that people say. Lol. Would like to respond to a few quotes but it would look I'm Just saying random shit. Eh, whatever...gots to go. Time for my geritol(however you spell it. Memory not so good either...) lol.
Later. Once again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.