European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Chewing Subutex

PredatorVision

Bluelighter
I have read the instructions and it distinctly says not to "chew" or "swallow" the tablets. However, although swallowing them would be a waste perhaps chewing leads to a better high?

I attended a First Aid course a few days ago and a bit of information stuck in my mind. We were being told about Aspirins helping Heart Attack victims, someone asked if they should but them under the tongue of the person suffering the attack and the instructor said:

"No, what you should actually do is place it in their teeth at the back of their mouth and tell them to chew it"

I asked (with intent) on hearing this, "why is that more effective?"

they replied "You know in films or books where people carry Cyanide capsules in their teeth? it's because when they bite down on them it mixes in to their saliva glands, and is the 2nd best ROA for Aspirin after going straight into their veins".

Does anyone know if I tried this with Subutex whether it would work/can be absorbed through the Saliva glands? or would it be just a waste? I've always suspected they tell you not to do this to stop you getting more from them.

As for the answer, I was asking Shambles about this and his answer was no, a lot of it would be wasted. I'm sure he or other experienced members could go into better detail for you than I have now.

Placing them under the tongue allows it to absorb into the blood vessels under there, providing more of an effect. Chewing/swallowing them means your stomach breaks down more of it, and stomach contents will affect how much is absorbed and how fast, which would be an issue for someone on a maintenance dose. I found snorting them to be more effective, personally.

Plug it then stick it up your nose.

Or for added entertainment get someone else to do the same. Like with their nose and their arse. Wouldn't be so much as funny as just fucking weirdly vile if any of the steps in the process became confused.

Or for added entertainment get someone else to do the same. Like with their nose and their arse. Wouldn't be so much as funny as just fucking weirdly vile if any of the steps in the process became confused.

Heh, 'subfelching'...

Alternatively, crush yer subutex into a fine powder. Add a few drops of sodium hydroxide and mix into a paste. Take a fresh nettle leaf and spread the paste over it. Draw back your foreskin and wrap leaf around your glans.

Oooof!!

Actually, don't do this.

Or for added entertainment get someone else to do the same. Like with their nose and their arse. Wouldn't be so much as funny as just fucking weirdly vile if any of the steps in the process became confused.do the same. Like with their nose and their arse. Wouldn't be so much as funny as just fucking weirdly vile if any of the steps in the process became confused.

I've always found Plugging to be quite disappointing as far as Subutex goes, I don't really get much from it my legs feel a bit relaxed but I don't get the 'good times' feeling I get from snorting it or putting it under my tongue. Snorting it is by far the most effective way however I am paranoid my nose is going to fall off after 1 year of snorting it on an almost daily basis granted that only amounts to two small lines a day (i've been on 2.4mg for ages).. I've never had a nose bleed though and I shon a bright torch up there and there was no sign of a hole, my nose doesn't whistle either and both passages *seem* normal, or as normal as they can be, the worst part is the constant dryness and blocked nose I get on a night. Should stop though once I get reduced on tuesday to 2mg per/day,, was hoping it would be effective chewing, guess not though better not to waste it.

If it makes you feel even slightly better, I just recently tapered down from a basic 8mg/day snorted habit down to zero over a couple years (freeform personal taper so no strict schedule to stick to but pretty much on a level or down over that period) with precisely no nose issues. And that is but one turn of many over decades of this and other things snorted on a daily basis (and for several years that included 2C-x chems on a several times weekly basis with random other shit thrown in there too). In all honesty, if your nose is that delicate you needed a new nose anyway.

I am paranoid my nose is going to fall off

That. That right there is your answer. Jesus fuck if noses fell off after such usage you would quite literally never see a musician nor public figure in general. Seriously. Think about it and relate it back, realistically, to your own usage. Not saying it's great or owt, but it very seriously ain't that bad now is it? ;)

Or do what I do with mine, my pharmacist holds me up by the legs and spits them in my asshole, bangin hit mate