• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Chest tightness...after smoking or vaping wth !!!

MrGreenFox

Greenlighter
First off . I'd like to say I take 1mg Xanax daily for aniexty it seems to help but sometimes it does t work when II smoke weed everyday . Couple times during the week I get that chest tightness you get from smoking . Same thing happens when I vape. It lasts for 20mins+ very discomforting . I know I'm not going to die . But I just can't help to think that I am . Even though I been threw this scenario plenty of times. Any tips or tricks to prevent chest tightness before it occurs ?

Is the tightness centralized on your lungs, heart, what?

Is the herb you've got of good quality/cured properly?

Center Of my Chest accompanied by rapid heart rate.. i guess the bud is good quailty i do get enjoyable highs sometimes without the tightness..

I would say you're probably smoking some badly cured herb or it was grown with synthetic chemicals and not properly flushed before harvest. I don't smoke anything that isn't of good quality, not because I'm a snob but because I don't like the way it makes me feel. Chest tightness, headaches, shitty clouded high. Those are all things that come from badly cured or old buds, even certain nutrient lines give me headaches. Not all marijuana is created equal.

I mean if i could show you a pic the weed looks great.. lots of orange hairs and stuff but yeah i know nothing about harvesting ... i have about 1\4 in a mason jar... can my weed still be fresh if say i were to take a break?

You're FINE.

I mean exactly what I said, some weed is good and makes you feel good whereas some weed is bad and makes you feel icky. Sounds to me like you're freaking yourself out and you probably have some of said "icky" weed. Like I said, in my experience some nutrient lines (plant food used to grow marijuana) that people use will give me headaches and make me feel unpleasant, but in no way is it HARMING me, its just not fun.

If you stop smoking for say 1 week, and your chest pain goes away, I would say you're probably a hypochondriac smoking some herb that happens to be more harsh. If you still have it, go to the doctors. We can't really give you real medical advice, but I would bet with 99.9% certainty that you're just freaking yourself out.

I will keep you posted.. I think tommorow im just going to vape smaller hits from my flight box... and see what happens.. THE MIND IS A DANGEROUS PLACE AND IM PRETTY SURE THAT I AM FREAKING MY SELF OUT>>

You're welcome. :)

If you live in a state that offers medical marijuana, I would highly recommend going through the motions and getting your card. Your access to REAL medicine increases exponentially when you have the ability to buy herb in a safe location where you know they test for quality and make sure it's free of mold and other pathogens that can make your chest tight, give you headaches or just generally make you feel gross...

Also, try smoking some organically grown herb and see if that causes you tightness, I know it definitely feels better on my lungs. (But thats a whole nother' thread.)

PS: Flight boxes kinda suck, and the smoke is pretty hot (which is probably not helping your tightness), maybe get something with water filtration?

Anxiety is known to cause chest pain. More commonly on the left but the pain can manifest on both sides of the chest. I only mention it because I saw that you take Xanax daily, which is prescribed as a pretty heavy anti-anxiety/anxiolytic drug.

Weed has been known to cause anxiety in susceptible individuals. Not only that, but smoking anything is going to irritate your respiratory system to some degree, which also happens to be right around the chest area.

To prevent the tightness, my first thought would be to eliminate the anxiety that you deal with daily. I would think that you don't have anything to worry about, but that's just my opinion. If the pain last for several days or becomes more severe then you might want to think about a doctor visit.

I do get some anxiety at times and definitely have a lot of stress. There are times that I enjoy smoking a tiny bit, it does seem to mitigate some residual stress that continues on a day to day basis. However, I also know that I must be very careful because MJ, if I smoke one puff too many, or (someone else had mentioned) a strain that my body doesn't find agreeable for a multitude of possible reasons, I too have the tendency to freak myself out horribly and I also have gotten the shakes something awful. Weed that gets too old can also become sketchy for me as light, temperature extremes, air also degrade THC into CBNs(the chemicals responsible for shitty highs). If you have trouble vaping, maybe it's best to avoid it altogether, but I'd also suggest that if you can find a type of it that suits you and it is plentiful and economically feasible, maybe it would be a good idea to buy in bulk and improve storage conditions. A mason jar is fine for short term but I'd say for no more than a week's worth at a time. If light and air are hitting it, and so are temperature changes, it will degrade.

Are you aware that xanax causes chest pain? I know because I take the same exact dose you do, and also smoke weed.

I NEVER use to get chest pain when smoking BEFORE I started taking xanax. It only started AFTER I was on xanax. I also noticed that if my up my dose of xanax from 1 mg to 1.5mg, I will experience significant chest pain the entire day even if I haven't smoked any weed. So xanax all by itself can cause chest pain.

I also know that if I lower my dose of xanax just a little bit, and smoke weed I won't get any chest pain at all. Or if I take a xanax like 12 hours before I smoke, I won't get it. But if I take the xanax within 2-3 hours of smoking, I usually will get it unless I lower my dose of xanax.

So try not to take xanax close to the time that you smoke. And if the pain gets really bad, try dropping your xanax a little bit. If that doesn't help, take more shallow hits and don't hold them in too long. When people take a huge hit of weed, that stretches out your lungs a lot. And if you hold it in for a while, your lungs stay stretched beyond their normal breathing capacity. Your lungs are not use to that. Add to that the fact that xanax all by itself can cause chest pain, and it just compounds the problem.

I vaped today.. NO chest pains took it slow got high.. NOT SUPER HIGH. BUT HIGH I WAS OKAY...