• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cheratussin AC: Legal codeine in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called a few of the bigger pharmacies who swear up and down that you need a prescription:\. Then found a smaller pharmacy who sold it under pharmacist discretion. checked my id and filled a log. it was 4 oz with 10mg codeine/5ml. it cost $13.99 plus tax. This is good for w/d when you have no other opiates.

By the way this was in Greensboro,NC

Apparently you can get the syrup OTC in Kentucky, although I have yet to try it myself. It still doesn't compare to getting a Tussionex script

well no it doesn't even come close to liquid Hydrocodone in a Large bottleful, I really only use the Cheratussin for my Tramadol Withdrawals, coming off a few month binge of Tram, I'll take about 3 bottles of cheratussin throughout the following week and be pretty much gold after that week, no real wd just periphial nasties hanging around

Here in upstate ny you need a script.. The cheratussin (codeine/gauf) is the go to cough syrup for Doctors when you go in for a cough. IME, this shits nasty, drank the whole 4 oz bottle and didnt even catch a buzz.

This is legal to do in New Jersey. You have to sign for it & a lot of the time scan your ID.

Tips:

1. You won't find it at most corporate chain pharmacies so just skip trying. Mom & Pops are the way to go.

2. Have a neat appearance & a cough (they will actually look)

3. Try getting one of the younger pharmacy techs. to give it to you. They might not know the rules as well.

4. Most importantly, according to law the pharmacist must verbally evaluate you to decide if you 'need it' or not. The definition of need it is: "You have tried 2 other OTC cough suppressants that have not worked or you do not respond well to additional agents in said cough suppressants."

5. So basically, you want to know a couple other cough meds and the reasons they don't work/you can't take them.

2nd this, exactly how it went down. Small pharms in NJ will ask you a few questions then you can purchase a 4oz bottle

If anyone in michigan has had luck please let me know. Ive been prescribed it by a doc before but if you can get it here then it would save the co-pay of going to the doctor for a script when im sick

Yes you can still get 4 oz every 48hrs OTC in the state of Michigan. Only a few independents will sell it too you and many will tell you they don't if you just call over the phone and ask. From my experience its difficult finding a pharmacy that will sell it to you the first time, but once you are logged in it's pretty easy to get from there on out. Also, many of the small pharmacies that do sell it will only selll it to you if the address on your MI state ID is within a 10 mile radius of the pharmacy. Unfortunatly the reason it is so hard to get is that pharmacy employees have to deal with so many drug seekers/ abusers on a regular basis that they will automatically label you as one even if you legitimately need the medication. If you know anyone that works in a pharmacy you can have them call around and ask for you, pharmacies are more comfortable about giving out information on what controlled drugs they have in stock if they are getting the calls from another nearby pharmacy. Hope this helps!

Anyone know about getting Cheratussin OTC in Massachusetts? I've not tried, thinking of itsince I had RX before & need some now w a cold but don't wanna rum to MD. Any pharms have this OTC? Wld appreciate any reply. I'm in Central Ma. Hv Walgreens & the usual, CVS, Rite Aide, VERY minimal mom & pop stands here....

Really? I realize you are new to BL, but check out the date on the last post...

Massacare, this is a bump of a very old thread which is discouraged. Also, we aren't here to tell you where to get drugs. Closed.

Please review the BLUA and BDD guidelines found in my signature below. PM any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.