• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Chemists Concerned Over New Super Depression Drug - ABC News Online

YEAH...
Doesnt that just kick you in the crotch, when someone offers you 'liquid e' and you're not at all sure whether they're talking about:
=Liquid MDMA
=GHB using 'liquid e' as one of its common street terms.
or
=liquid XTC full of tree-hugging guarana shit.
-and even then youre not sure if THEY even know themselves...
Still.. SAM-e cant quite be the same as our much loved phenethylamine. It may have the seretonin effect (to what extent id be VERY interested to see), but its stil gotta have that amphetamine kick in there somewhere, and that beautiful initial "ive lost my dog, he went to make waffles" smacky start.
hmm..?
I think I'll stay deep in the underbelly of society and take my chances with the other traditionalists out there...
goodnight..

I have a bottle of these things, I find if anything they deaden your roll a little if taken on pre load, god knows why, and don't seem to do much on post load, who knows if they improve my health, I don't feel any different.
All in all, a bit of a let down *sigh*

to second Mr E. Moore, from personal experience, SAMe has absolutely zero effects - no entertainment value, no atidepressive action, no roll enhancement, no elevation in mood - in fact i felt...SAMe.
moreover, it did nothing for promoting cartilidge growth or easing joint pain - i did a fair bit of damage to the biorobot through extreme sports and a couple car wrecks, so i would have definitely noticed a reduction in arthritic symptoms.
i did a 2-month course, 2 enteric coated 200mg pills, 3 times per day - nothing...
conclusion - waste of money.

Thankyou!
That legal shit is always too good to be true...

There was heaps of other posts on SamE a little while ago - a friend used it whilst coming off of a particularly heavy weekend for him (8 pills in a night)... and usually he is mr grumpyarse but he was fine and dandy, so i guess it does help in the post load stage to keep you a little happier than normal.
It's made by BIOGLAN and you can get it at most chemists now.
There is a warning somewhere that I read that it can bring on Bi Polar disorder if you are predisposed to the disorder... so be careful.

I think before trying it out it is hard to make a judgement, it may be just like other bekkies, if it is good, u get something out of , some manufacturers may make it different from others, so lets get some more input on it.

Mr E. Moore and frqntflyr. what brands of SAMe did yous try. And what doses. i know frqntflyr had 2 times 200mg tabs a day. but when i was reading about it the doses where higher than that that where recomended 800-1600mg a day. Read this in the links inside this thread.

Shank, 2x200x3 times per day = 1200 mg...
the Brand was Source Naturals, enteric coated
bmradio, the active prnciple (S-adenosyl-L-methionine) is standardised, manufacturer does not matter if mg per dosage form/bioavailability are SAMe...

yeah, I was using less than the recommended dose (400mg per day) & I think my manufacturer was Proterius

I have found sam-e(pretorius, bought from local health shop) to be a great mood enhancer. It certainly isn't 'entertaining', or better than 5-htp for pre-loading, but I and my cynical girlfirend/doctor have benefitted from it. Also, I given it to a regular speed user a couple of times to have when he wanted to recover, and he was impressed.

dtd - ditto.
I have even had friends commenting on the newfound easy going anti stress not moody me.
However, i'm a little less reluctant to attribute it directly to SAM-e. I'm also on uni holidays, I have 1 semester left of uni EVER, and I've been smoking quite reguarly (did you ever think i wouldnt be?!?!?).
Anyway, I've been taking 600mg a day, and I didn't notice it at first until I just stopped and thought to myself "wow, i havent even gotten annoyed at blah, or i havent snapped at blah, i havent obsessed about blah, stressed about this or that" etc. its quite an improvement for me
smile.gif

well to me it sounds like it could help some people as a post load.. havent actually tried it myself as yet.

I agree, it really had no effect on me whatsoever. Feel free to give it a go, but in my opinion it has no mood enhancing effects.