• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chemistry Nerds! Since The Hive closed in 2004, what have you been using instead?

RedHat

Bluelighter
I've recently developed an interest in organic chemistry. Not specifically drug related. I really like following along on some chemistry related YouTube channels like NileRed, Codys Lab, Dougs Lab, ChemSurvival, etc. The way chemistry was taught to me in HS, I thought it was really incredibly boring and totally useless. But as it turns out, it's very interesting, I just need to look at it from a different angle.

Anyways, I'm noticing that while researching a reaction or alternative chemical processes, it's not uncommon to have an archived post from The Hive in the search results. Quite often the data is pretty useful, but sometimes the posts are either incomplete or ambiguous.

I realize the site got shut down in 2004, and it looks like some "replacement" sites have popped up and disappeared over time, but I haven't seen anything that would rival The Hive. And while BlueLight is awesome, it's not as chemistry oriented as I'm looking for.

Does anyone know any active chemistry websites that is similar to The Hive? (similar in terms of the content, rules, etc). I'm sure there's something on Tor, and I'll probably end up looking there as well, so any suggestions there are also welcome.

Thank you.

Hmmmm. Hi Red Hat! I totally understand that you have an interest in organic chemistry, because I have the same interest that has come from my experience working in the HR community and of course, being a drug-user. I'm not exactly sure where we stand on this issue, you see, we really don't like anything regarding drug synthesis specifically here on BL so I don't think that this is going to be something that we can specifically help you with. I and the rest of the community are not philosophically opposed to the synthesis of drugs, in fact, I'm all for it!!!! :) But seriously, probably not something we can help with.

Not closing this because I'm unsure of its... appropriate-ness?

I've heard there is some Hive type place now but I don't know its name. I'd also be interested, as a chemist.