• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CHELATED MAGNESIUM. Any experience ?

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
Anyone have experience taking CHELATED Magnesium for Opiate tolerance reversal or neutralizing ? I just took two 400 MG pills. Half hour prior to my Oxy dose (80-120 mg at once) twice a day. I've done some reading and research and people say it helps reverse opiate tolerance. I just am wondering how I would take those while taking the opiates? Because if it does work, shouldn't I not take as much oxy? Please any experienced advice would be fantastic! I have SOLGAR CHELATED MAFNESIUM

To add in:

It should at least help with the constipation that is caused by all the opiates.

You need to be careful with this sort of thing, because you can still say something "reverses tolerance" even if in a clinical setting, it appeared to reverse Opioid tolerance by about 3%. This is a fictitious little anecdote, but people spend a lot of money chasing potentiators and tolerance-reversers that are really just not significantly effective. I've done them all and then some. Cimetidine (Tagamet) with Methadone? I couldn't actually tell you for fact that it potentiated my Methadone, so is it really worth the money?

What you're looking for, I feel, is a holy grail. You're not going to find it and I don't judge you or think you're stupid for trying to find it. I'm not aware of any supplement that is a true "game changer" in terms of potentiation for any Opioid. Baking soda makes Methadone last a little bit longer I feel, but the rest are just not worth it.

Nothing is going to reset your tolerance and you most likely will never even notice any significant difference by using them. I'm only trying to save you some money and heart ache here.

lol thanks so much keif. I'm sure that is purely accurate. I'm one of those people that will try whatever they hear.. lol

lol thanks so much keif. I'm sure that is purely accurate. I'm one of those people that will try whatever they hear.. lol

I'm not sure if you thought I was belittling you man, but I wasn't. I have barked up that same tree in the past and it's not insane to want something that makes your drugs last longer or makes them stronger.