View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"check 25" acid blotters

EndProhibitionNow

Greenlighter
within the past few months I've ran into a source who has some stupid strong acid tabs. He calls them "check 25" and claims it was developed at harvard. I've been using cid for 2 years now and this is hands down the most ridiculously strong shit I've ever seen, and all of my sources have good stuff. My question is has anyone else heard of this check 25 stuff? If I had to guess, a single hit contains 250-450ug. They appear to be old stock because not only does he say they're from the 60's, they're always tattered, faded and sometimes ripped. I'll post a pic next time I acquire.

Hi.

Don't bother with the blotter pics please, we don't allow substance IDing here. :)
But yeah these NBOMe compounds are developed by David Nichols' team at IIRC Purdue labs, and it is not acid. Read up on this family of compounds, they are apparently not as safe as LSD

Definitely lsd, not any RC. I didn't want to say this because I figured it's against forum rules but the 25 refers to price. *no price discussion* I took 5 my first time and was hospitalized due to a nasty thought loop...read trip report in trip reports. LSD through and through. They ran blood tests in the hospital and I had lsd, thc and mdma in my system (rolled and smoked 2 days prior)...you sound like broken records. Sometimes things are what they're advertised as. I have proof it is acid because of the blood test. And even if I didn't have this objective proof I've used enough 25i and acid to distinguish between the two

Last edited by a moderator:
This wasn't an ID thread dudes... everybody treats you like an idiot here if you're a greenlighter. I ask a specific, targeted question and everybody misses the point and gets on the "ITS AN RC", "NO ID THREADS" bandwagon. Jeesh

Last edited:
^WTF? They wouldn't be able to identify LSD in your blood with a standard hospital sample test(at least unless they suspected you took a hallucinogen). Your definitely getting 25-I and if you think you aren't i'll loan you my scholarship to Harvard......

Yes they knew I was tripping. My brother tried telling the officers that he knew it was acid but they didn't believe him until they got the results. I recall them saying multiple times I was on bath salts. Nobody thought it was acid UNTIL they ran a blood test. After that they called it an acute lsd overdose. I have no knowledge of blood tests but if there are multiple methods they used one targeted at detecting drugs.

Why does every thread end up this way?

Your not supposed to talk about price here however I have seen something similar circulating I never actually got my hands on it however, it was coming from a big university near me, I was told it was off of Owsley's Crystal. Usually I would just rate this as a RC or dealer lying thread and just exit out, but the dude I heard it from has been my most reliable source for years.

If your honestly getting something that nuts test it and post pics in the acid in america thread here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/596174-Acid-in-America-2011-13-Be-Safe?highlight=acid+america

The nurses, cops, constables, doctor, etc were all on the same page as you guys..."must be bath salts or something exotic", until they got results from the blood test. It is acid.

I understand why everybody here assumes every hit of street acid is really an RC in disguise, but with the objective evidence I have, coupled with my subjective experiences with different rc's and acid, what makes you all think you can make such bold statements about something you have relatively no information about? You're using words that imply you "absolutely" or "must" know it was an nbome, when in fact you know nothing about the situation. Damn people can be frustrating. I could write a damn essay convincing every one of you that these are the real mccoy, but I shouldn't have to. Read the trip report I think it will shed some light

The nurses, cops, constables, doctor, etc were all on the same page as you guys..."must be bath salts or something exotic", until they got results from the blood test. It is acid.

I understand why everybody here assumes every hit of street acid is really an RC in disguise, but with the objective evidence I have, coupled with my subjective experiences with different rc's and acid, what makes you all think you can make such bold statements about something you have relatively no information about? You're using words that imply you "absolutely" or "must" know it was an nbome, when in fact you know nothing about the situation. Damn people can be frustrating. I could write a damn essay convincing every one of you that these are the real mccoy, but I shouldn't have to. Read the trip report I think it will shed some light

Yea that happens alot here in PD, In all fairness it is speculation until you get a test kit and test the blotters yourself, I believe a doctor can determine if you have recently taken LSD with a blood test, but still it is hard to trust some people in the medical community when they are IDing drugs in the patients system.

I feel your frustration however you really should have posted this here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/596174-Acid-in-America-2011-13-Be-Safe?highlight=acid+america

also make sure not to mention price again...

You can bitch, it's fine, but meanwhile also take a look at the rules... because if you are going to make a brand new thread, we are bound to think that you are finding something special about your situation such as the identity of the substance or something else specific to your batch. We don't allow vague talk about the difference between batches (although there are clean vs. dirty LSD discussion threads and even an up & coming FAQ), or ID threads or price discussion for that matter.

If none of that was going on then it was IMO a misleading opening post right there, which of course can lead to misled reactions.

Seems a bit silly to save a relatively unstable molecule for damn 50 years, why? Because of the foresight of the dosage supposedly being higher on average back then? And LSD was of course discovered by Hofmann in Switzerland, so what would the "discovered at Harvard" comment be about if not about the identity of the substance being something else than LSD? The ultra state-of-the-art practice of dosing blotters extra high?
And excuse us for making the association with 25X-NBOMe compounds because of the 25, I'm sure we are all trying to be helpful even if we are skeptical and cricical about what is said. 25 could just as well refer to 25X-NBOMe, LSD-25 or (who would have guessed :\ a price that is far too high).
I'm not sure if megadosed blotters used to be more prevalent but doses of hundreds of micrograms of LSD per hit are still made, they are just relatively rare. If it is LSD then congrats, join the general LSD discussion (anywhere, I don't care in which thread :) ), otherwise it would have been too bad... but it is quite credible that it was tested via your bioassay and blood analysis since LSD is detectable in blood for up to a few days.
However it would probably need very sensitive equipment to detect picomolar amounts, or maybe there are antibody indicator panel sort of things for it.

Anyway even though it is apparently LSD the story didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I still am not sure where you're going with it. (We usually have topics on clarified subjects or questions here).
There, some additional bitching. :p

You can bitch, it's fine, but meanwhile also take a look at the rules... because if you are going to make a brand new thread, we are bound to think that you are finding something special about your situation such as the identity of the substance or something else specific to your batch. We don't allow vague talk about the difference between batches (although there are clean vs. dirty LSD discussion threads and even an up & coming FAQ), or ID threads or price discussion for that matter.

If none of that was going on then it was IMO a misleading opening post right there, which of course can lead to misled reactions.

Seems a bit silly to save a relatively unstable molecule for damn 50 years, why? Because of the foresight of the dosage supposedly being higher on average back then? And LSD was of course discovered by Hofmann in Switzerland, so what would the "discovered at Harvard" comment be about if not about the identity of the substance being something else than LSD? The ultra state-of-the-art practice of dosing blotters extra high?
And excuse us for making the association with 25X-NBOMe compounds because of the 25, I'm sure we are all trying to be helpful even if we are skeptical and cricical about what is said. 25 could just as well refer to 25X-NBOMe, LSD-25 or (who would have guessed :\ a price that is far too high).
I'm not sure if megadosed blotters used to be more prevalent but doses of hundreds of micrograms of LSD per hit are still made, they are just relatively rare. If it is LSD then congrats, join the general LSD discussion (anywhere, I don't care in which thread :) ), otherwise it would have been too bad... but it is quite credible that it was tested via your bioassay and blood analysis since LSD is detectable in blood for up to a few days.
However it would probably need very sensitive equipment to detect picomolar amounts, or maybe there are antibody indicator panel sort of things for it.

Anyway even though it is apparently LSD the story didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, and I still am not sure where you're going with it. (We usually have topics on clarified subjects or questions here).
There, some additional bitching. :p

thanks for some actual constructive criticism and clarification about general posting practices. Thread definitely belongs somewhere else... but yeah I was bitching because I was asking about these "check 25's" and high dosed blotters in general possibly coming from university labs.

I realize you mods and long-time users have to deal with plenty of imbeciles but sometimes people aren't asking for an ID and even if you think they are wrong about what drug they possess, it will be beneficial to the more intelligent noobies if you entertain the question or topic they ask.

/bitchfest

wow y'all gettin a little heavy in here.. posted this over in drugs in the media > here < but I thought i may contain some info that may be pert in this thread.. you all are a little feisty.. =D

In early June 2013, Henry Kwan took something he believed was LSD and later jumped to his death from a third floor balcony in Sydney, Australia. Two newspapers carried it as front page stories the next day, with one proclaiming "boy "'thought he could fly'", in clear reference to past media treatments of LSD-related deaths. Both papers indicated LSD was not likely involved, with the Sydney Morning Herald stating it was either 25B- or 25I-NBOMe."

25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe have gained popularity over the last three years due in part to the ease with which a single gram can be shipped internationally. Super-potent drugs, active at under a milligram, more readily cross through customs. One dose (750 ug) is about the size of six small grains of regular table salt. The material in a single large hard-water spot left on a glass after air-drying can weigh a milligram. One large grain of kosher salt can weigh over five milligrams. This means that a small capsule can contain hundreds of doses of a chemical like 25I-NBOMe and a soda can-sized package could contain more than a hundred thousand doses.

....The unusually high potency makes overdoses more likely. Unfortunately, the risks of 25I (and perhaps other NBOMes) at high doses seem to include delirious, dangerous behavior (with some accidents resulting in death), as well as the possibility of death from direct pharmacological effects. Medically dangerous doses may be as low as 3-5 mg. It is a darkly poetic indictment of the War on Drugs that LSD, the first synthetic psychedelic, demonized for decades and the target of extremely expensive law enforcement operations, looks to be far safer than its replacements.

Handle with Care
A great deal of 25I and 25C are sold to end-users as pure powder, which creates an inherently hazardous situation. Most people (especially 16- to 25-year-old experimenters) don't know the safety procedures necessary for handling super-potent compounds. Weighing and handling pure high-potency chemicals such as LSD or 25I-NBOMe should be performed wearing eye protection, gloves, and a filter mask. Yet such precautions are rarely followed.

Perhaps the greatest risk of the wide availability of pure NBOMe powders is confusing one white powder for another, or simply misunderstanding the difference between one psychedelic or stimulant drug and another. Many people have prior experience with insufflating small lines or bumps of a psychedelic or stimulant. It's a fairly new phenomenon that a similarly-sized line of a drug could lead to death. More than one of the documented 25I- or 25C-related deaths have followed insufflation of ten or more times the appropriate dosage.

Media Claiming "LSD Deaths"
One aggravating aspect of the sale of 25I and 25C as acid is that uninformed media and government sources have reported several deaths as being LSD-related. These reports rarely acknowledge that there are essentially no known deaths caused by LSD's pharmacological effects, and there is usually no mention that other substances could have been involved.

After a death blamed on LSD in March 2013, Jacob Sullum of Reason.com wrote a biting article mocking the prosecutor and reporters, and pointing out that the most recent review of LSD deaths in the scientific literature (Passie et al. 2008)1 concluded that there have been zero documented deaths clearly attributable to an LSD overdose.

In the Wild
As of July 1, 2013, our EcstasyData testing project has analyzed four samples that contained NBOMe compounds. Erowid has received 314 reports of NBOMe use: 5 in 2010, 35 in 2011, 148 in 2012, and 126 in the first six months of 2013
source and more info >> Erowid Spotlight on NBOMes:

NBOMe Death and Hospitilizations

In this world you had better test what your are taking... as Folley says *Test or Die* Pill Testing Q&A

Check 25.... or "Czech 25" ?

I've heard of "Czech" crystal plenty of times. Supposedly it comes from Czecylzlovakia (I didn't even try to spell that correctly) or whatever. It's real.

"Czech", "Swiss", "Fluff"... all just names for different origins of LSD crystal.

Now as for it coming from some university lab or coming off Owsley's original crystal... LOL

I don't know what to think of this thread but hey if it feel like good LSD, you probably got some good LSD. Just enjoy it and don't try to confuse Bluelight about it ;)

^WTF? They wouldn't be able to identify LSD in your blood with a standard hospital sample test(at least unless they suspected you took a hallucinogen). Your definitely getting 25-I and if you think you aren't i'll loan you my scholarship to Harvard......

Exactly. You cant just give a vial of blood at hospital and they put it in some magic machine that tells you positive LSD. You could find it in an autopsy after sending blood to lab, that takes months. There is no way the hospital found LSD in your blood or urine.
I don't know why people make up these made up stories to support their position. Anyway OP there is no stock of LSD from the 60s being held back, and if there was it was be in pills or Sandoz. There were no blotters then. Anyone stockpiling the shit would have been insane to not sell it in the early 2000's too.
You were told not to post the pics here but feel free to post them in the Acid in America thread in North American drug discussion if you want opinions. They may not be opinions you want to hear though.

Exactly. You cant just give a vial of blood at hospital and they put it in some magic machine that tells you positive LSD. You could find it in an autopsy after sending blood to lab, that takes months. There is no way the hospital found LSD in your blood or urine.
I don't know why people make up these made up stories to support their position. Anyway OP there is no stock of LSD from the 60s being held back, and if there was it was be in pills or Sandoz. There were no blotters then. Anyone stockpiling the shit would have been insane to not sell it in the early 2000's too.
You were told not to post the pics here but feel free to post them in the Acid in America thread in North American drug discussion if you want opinions. They may not be opinions you want to hear though.

made up stories? no this shit changed my life, it happened. I'll link the trip report. What happened to me was very real and that is what I was told when I woke up...they all thought it was bath salts but a blood test proved otherwise. Not to sound like a sensitive little bitch here but it kinda hurts that people would try to call me out on something that is a very emotional event in my life.

Alright then, let's call this being somewhat on the same page, awkwardly? ;)

Whether or not a trip was transformative or profound has nothing to do with how technically complicated or expensive a certain type of analysis is. But I don't really see how it's relevant or important to get to the bottom of it.

Exactly. You cant just give a vial of blood at hospital and they put it in some magic machine that tells you positive LSD.

It would seem you are wrong. RIA or Radio Immuno Assay, is a technique that can possibly be used - not sure if it is very different to test blood rather than urine. Like I said: antibody sort of stuff.[1] [2]
But I want to emphasize seem, this is not to validate the point completely, I would expect that it would cost a lot of money and I am wondering if you are claiming to have gotten such a test result relatively on the short term. I have serious doubts that a hospital would just run a test like this semi-casually...
We will have to cut this bickering short because we are not really okay with drug testing topics either, well especially not to help people pass tests. If it sounds like we have an insane number of rules, that may just appear that way as long as we are arguing about ambiguous things that we may never find out.

The most important thing maybe is: mr or mrs EPN never called the identity of the drug into question. I appreciate that people here want to help others out of their supposed delusions or illusions, but let's just stick to the topic, if we can elucidate what that is supposed to be. (though one last thing: I would be okay if someone could prove wrong that analysis like RIA couldn't possibly be done on blood or in hospitals, other than the fact that it is expensive or that your opinion is that there is 'no way'.)

To address another thing: I have no idea if some LSD is being layed or synthed at any university lab but we sure as hell aren't discussing source or manufacture here.

Furthermore you must understand that there is a list of urban legend caliber remarks that circulate in drug cultures, and a lot of people here have learned enough to call bullshit when they smell it. An example is special or elite sounding explanations why a product is as potent or as pure as it is said to be. Even if it turns out that it is good stuff, some explanations are obviously dreamt up by people who don't know what they are talking about and it destroys their credibility. And some aspects of your story just sounded sketchy, and still do. It is good that people here are sensitive to bullshit, but I do not agree that you must have been using research chemicals or normal dosages - I admit that I just don't know, and as long as I cannot logically deduce it I'll take your word for it, apprehensively.
And no you don't deserve to get your intelligence insulted, but being a noob may mean that you are unaware of a couple things - people have called you on it and hopefully you now understand why they did that, even if we could have done with a little more tact. (Sorry)

Now please, is there anything else I or we can do for you? For example you can tell me which continent you are on and I can move this thread for you to EADD or NSADD like my3rdeye suggests. Or if there is anything else, please explain to the point. Thnxalotl

Mighta been stated previously but a good test if you have no qualms about ingesting an unknown substance then 25x-nbome are unmistakable (I'm certain at least for 25C-NBOMe and 25D-NBOMe). They should have a strong local numbing effect and also VERY bitter. Another good way to test is put the blotter in a gelcap and eat it if you dont want to trip on 25X-NBOMe's as they aren't active that way so if it works then you can rule that out.

To above posters I dont see the point in comparing to well-known prints, people get liquid lsd and lay their own blotters all the time. Also sometimes people make headstash blotters that are highly dosed and these can go into circulation.

Regarding the name "Check 25", they might be saying "Czech 25" - I guess that back in the day of widespread licit LSD pharmacotherapy there was a big scene in what is now known as the czech republic. It's possible 25 is a reference to LSD-25 not necessarily 25X-NBOMe - which in itself is interesting to note. Fun fact in scientific papers that have bequeathed the name 25X-NBOMe to these compounds, they reference the 2C-x series as 25X. Just to clear up any confusion I think that the full name should be used or simply calling them 2C-X-NBOMe's would suffice. But I disgress... eat it and let us know I highly doubt that there are commercial 250-400mcg blotters in mass circulation theres just no reason to do that from a profit standpoint. Not to mention peeps would be wigging out.

You cant just give a vial of blood at hospital and they put it in some magic machine that tells you positive LSD. You could find it in an autopsy after sending blood to lab, that takes months. There is no way the hospital found LSD in your blood or urine.

A good hospital will have a GC/MS and technicians to convert blood samples to derivatised samples for analysis. It's totally possible to detect LSD in blood, assuming you're not in Armpit, South Dakota. How do you think people diagnose e.g. fungal posioning, or do drug testing? The long standing rumor that "LSD cannot be tested for because it is too small of a dose" no longer holds; there are analytica techniques for quantifying picograms of material....

So yes, there *is* a magic machine you can put blood samples into and it says yes/no for LSD. It is not outside the realm of possibility, nor is it too expensive for routine usage. The issue is, those machines are very expensive (need a capital investment) and you need to hire technicians to run and maintain them and train people to interpret the output. Any good toxicology lab will have one.

As for the blotters being Owsley's original stock, or still from the 60s, seems unlikely. Although LSD can be stored for a long time in optimal conditions, It seems more likely it was a hasty production of a new batch.

The other way to easily discern 25x from LSD is the presence of oral activity. If you eat the blotter whole without chewing it or gumming it and it's not active, good chance it was 25x.

Last edited: