Pay cheating BF $2000 back

• Pay him back,be above the drama

Votes: 111 72.5%
  • Eye for an eye,screw me I screw you

Votes: 42 27.5%

• Total voters
P

panopticon

My boyfriend and I were together for 5 years. Last night, I found out he cheated on me with someone we both knew. I'm devastated, and we're broken up now.
Now the issue is, I owe him $2000. If I don't pay him back he's likely to be evicted or at least have to take out a loan.
...Should I pay him back?

I am one to believe in revenge, despite the fact that ultimately being mean will bring unhappiness into your life.
With that said, I would probably go out of my way NOT to ever pay him and laugh when he got evicted.

Then I would most likely find out some ways to ruin his life even more.

but that is just me...

probably horrible advice, but that is honestly what I would do.

Don't sink to that level. Keep your morals intact.

Two wrongs don't make a right although three lefts equal a circle.

I personally wouldn't pay him back. I am a person who always pays what i owe, but when it comes down to being completely disrespected and betrayed, then they can go fuck themselves. Make it be the price he paid for cheating on you - including losing you of course.

Let him get evicted and booted on the streets. He isn't your problem anymore and he obviously didn't care about the mental scarring he would cause when cheating on you. He will always find another place to stay, but how long will it take for you to recover from this? That's the question. I mean fuck, you need to get some sort of justice from this situation - let this be it.

Be aware though that if he gets evicted he just might go and stay with the chick he cheated with. But that shouldn't be of your concern as he is indeed not worth your time and energy anymore.

I agree two wrongs don't make a right, but sometimes there is an exception to the rule.

Paying him back would cement your place as the better person in the (ex)relationship. Additionally, it would eliminate a continuing link to him, leaving you free to get on with your life. Owing him a substantial sum of money will always give him a legitimate reason to get in touch.

Revenge is sweet, but you know what they say about the best revenge. I'm almost certain you'd feel more finished and able to hold your head high post-relationship if you weren't to ... well, stoop to his level, I guess. Tying up loose ends always makes me feel more positive about life.

I'd definitely pay him back.

It's $2000, not $100.

I think if he lent you $2000, he must've really cared for you, even if he did cheat on you. It's a mistake that he probably regrets, and losing you will be punishment enough. I mean, if he risks eviction if you don't pay him back, he's obviously not loaded or anything.

"An eye for an eye will leave us all blind"

^ And that. I don't know quite how to word it, but paying him back is the 'right' thing to do, despite how devastated I'm sure you are about what he did.

Paying him back would cement your place as the better person in the (ex)relationship. Additionally, it would eliminate a continuing link to him, leaving you free to get on with your life. Owing him a substantial sum of money will always give him a legitimate reason to get in touch.

GREAT advice! If you can afford to do so, pay him back, if only for the sake of your own self-respect.

I think you should pay him back. If you don't, then he will leave the relationship feeling a lot of anger at you and feel no remorse for what he did, he'll just think you're a bitch. But if you pay him back then never talk to him again, he will see that you still kept your word and did a final good deed and that will make him feel really bad for what he did. Which is more of a punishment really

^ Yeah exactly. It's more of a punishment for you to pay him back because he'll realise he lost a truly amazing chick, and probably regret losing you for several years.

Meanwhile, you'll have a clean slate, and can hold your head up high and proud.

Not paying him back will just make him hate you bitterly, and he'll be glad he cheated on you.

Besides, I think anyone who wouldn't intend to pay it back is truly a nasty piece of work, who is just using the situation to their advantage. Easy way out of shunning responsibility for them. Woo 8)!

Once he cheats you dont owe him shit!!!!! Unless he has a paper with your signature on it saying you will pay him back, he wont even be able to get the cash back in court.............. :) ;)

Cheating might forgive something like you not having paid your half of the rent this month, or not returning his favorite shoes that he left at your place, but not a $2000 debt.

Not paying him back means A) you're as big of a shit-bag as he is and B)you will ALWAYS be beholden to that shit-bag, and will never be totally free and clear of the relationship.

double ewe said:
Cheating might forgive something like you not having paid your half of the rent this month, or not returning his favorite shoes that he left at your place, but not a $2000 debt.

Not paying him back means A) you're as big of a shit-bag as he is and B)you will ALWAYS be beholden to that shit-bag, and will never be totally free and clear of the relationship.

I'd rather lose 2000 than get cheated on and have my heart broken :(, maybe that's just me.........

Yeah, but it's not an either/or.

Cheating on somebody - shitty.

Not re-paying $2000 - also shitty.

One's financial and one's emotional, so it's apples to oranges on relative value. I wouldn't wanna be broken-hearted, but homelessness sounds like a pretty raw deal too.

double ewe said:
Yeah, but it's not an either/or.

Cheating on somebody - shitty.

Not re-paying $2000 - also shitty.

One's financial and one's emotional, so it's apples to oranges on relative value. I wouldn't wanna be broken-hearted, but homelessness sounds like a pretty raw deal too.

Yeah, That's true, But i wouldnt EVEN EXPECT my ex to pay me back if I cheated on her, I'd probably justy say fuck it dont pay me back and have a CLEAN BREAK........................

Pay him back regardless of the situation. It's bad to owe people money, and surely, if you don't pay it back, he will likely get evicted and place the blame on you.

If you don't have it all in one lump sum, give him back what you can in smaller denominations.

"Don't get even...get Revenge!"

Thinking about this, I at first thought that I wouldn't pay him back. But I don't know how that would sit with me...it'd be something that would weigh on my conscious and keep me from distancing myself mentally from the relationship. On the other hand, it's an excellent way to get back at him. Who gives a shit what he thinks about you at this point anyway?

I agree with the people who say to pay him back. You'll get even more moral high ground, and he will feel even shittier about what he did.