"ChatBox"?

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
I was on a local car club forum a few years back, and we had this nifty little "ChatBox" feature at the bottom of the Forum where various memebers could Chat in real time - it was always tons of fun, do we have an option like that here?

There are a few add-ons available for Xenforo that provide this 'chat box' functionality. We've installed none to date. Maybe we'll add one later, perhaps for a trial run to see how it goes before deciding on a permanent Go-NoGo on it.

Main reason is moderation, and enforcement of rules. We're already struggling in some areas to get and keep decent moderators. Seems foolish to add yet another area for people to misbehave and we can't police it. Mind you, 'policing it' is not the gray line of what's considered tasteless or offensive, we still get plenty of that in TL. It's more for the BLUA and ensuring the site and members stay safe.

Bottom line - it's been considered, but admin would want to try it out for a bit before considering putting such a thing public. And quite frankly, it falls below the water line of resources when the list is prioritized. Still, it stays on the list because it IS something folks have expressed a want-need for (not just yourself).

There are a few add-ons available for Xenforo that provide this 'chat box' functionality. We've installed none to date. Maybe we'll add one later, perhaps for a trial run to see how it goes before deciding on a permanent Go-NoGo on it.

Main reason is moderation, and enforcement of rules. We're already struggling in some areas to get and keep decent moderators. Seems foolish to add yet another area for people to misbehave and we can't police it. Mind you, 'policing it' is not the gray line of what's considered tasteless or offensive, we still get plenty of that in TL. It's more for the BLUA and ensuring the site and members stay safe.

Bottom line - it's been considered, but admin would want to try it out for a bit before considering putting such a thing public. And quite frankly, it falls below the water line of resources when the list is prioritized. Still, it stays on the list because it IS something folks have expressed a want-need for (not just yourself).

It would be a nightmare for people trying to score or spam, that's mainly greenlighters though.

It would maybe be fun for bluelighters over the festive season as a try out/festive bonus though, no?

It would be a nightmare for people trying to score or spam, that's mainly greenlighters though.

It would maybe be fun for bluelighters over the festive season as a try out/festive bonus though, no?
Or maybe just the seasoned vets? Like maybe implement a post-count/length-of-account requirement to view the Chat? (That’s how we had it setup on the other board)

Or maybe just the seasoned vets? Like maybe implement a post-count/length-of-account requirement to view the Chat? (That’s how we had it setup on the other board)
Maybe also add a filter for accounts that are old enough with enough posts, but that have had lots of infractions or strikes or whatever its called around here.

A few years ago there were a lot more active chatrooms that were almost like being at a bar.

But I specifically remember a site that had a chatbox like that. Seems like the word "bar" was in the title. Gosh now my head will be stuck on that cause I cant remember what it was called. That was when I cammed on Paltalk when it was super active. My life sounds fun lmao. It just worked for me being a single mom staying at home but still wanting to mingle after bedtime.

Nawimean?!😸😇