• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Story Charles BUKOWSKI: "A Couple of Winos" short story. LINK

darvocet21

Bluelighter
A Couple of Winos by Charles Bukowski

... originally published 1973 in South of No North: Stories of the Buried Life by John Martin's Black Sparrow Press

"I was in my 20's and although I was drinking heavily and not eating, I was still strong. I mean, physically, and that's some luck for you when not much else is going right. My mind was in riot against my lot and life, and the only way I could calm it was to drink and drink and drink." ... continued at link above

Last edited:
my favorite poems are the ones nobody heard of - the ones he wrote expecting nobody to ever read

that's Bukowski

his only outlet was his scribbles

he embraced his madness before it was hip

imagine if Bukowski had a blog.... what would he write?

my favorite poems are the ones nobody heard of - the ones he wrote expecting nobody to ever read

that's Bukowski

his only outlet was his scribbles

he embraced his madness before it was hip

imagine if Bukowski had a blog.... what would he write?
Imagine it would be a lot like blue light. There are thousands of Bukowskis here, sharing real suffering and pain. Most of them doing it unselfconsciously, some as a last resort. We're all his children

I wrote some bukowski-like pseudo fiction a long time ago, before i ever read bukowski. Now of course ive read anything he's ever written (including this). The only thing I didnt finish was his final novel "Pulp", not good, didnt like the allegory bullshit, he's not a good enough writer for that. I do like bukowski though (enough to read all of his writings, some of it repeatedly).

All time favorite writer, hands down, is Nabokov.

I mean read this short story 🤯: