• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Changing bong water

I used to get weed of these people that put the most minimal amount of water in there homemade bottle bong and proceed to smoke through it for about two weeks. I always ended up taking my own glass bong over if I wanted to smoke. Fuck smoking through 50mL's of sludge!!!!

i dont do bongs so....
but however i do use has pipes.
the only way i found out to clean them in 1 single go is it, fill em up with Gilette shaving gel, put some lauundry detergent and hot water.
the gunk just comes off like a film of plastic on the walls.

I hope you give your pipe a rinse afterwards cause the layer of gillete shaving gel can't be good to smoke and neither would detergent for that matter.
Sorry I don't mean to critiscise it probably works fine. :)

no where near often enuff. on the subject of cleaning bongs:

if u want to clean your downtube then simply boil up the kettle and pour it through. this will have it smoking like new, it'll take u by suprise when u smoke the first hit. you will have forgotten how good your bong really is!

I rinse my glass bong with warm water (shaking vigorously while covering mouthpiece and using the kitchen faucet's hand sprayer to fully rinse down the walls of the tube) then rinse again a few times with cold water. Next, it gets filled with Brita-filtered water straight from the fridge. This rinsing and refilling process occurs after every session. If a session is coming up in the near future - such as, within a few hours - it then rests in the freezer until its next use. Ideally the bongwater will just barely start to freeze but not quite before the next session. Either way it gets nice and cold, and the added effect of a "frosty tube" is a nice finishing touch, not unlike serving a cold beer in a frosty mug. The bowlpiece, however, is kept on the coffee table at all times and does not get rinsed nor frozen. Rather, a flame it applied to the inverted bowlpiece after each session to heat it up a bit so it can then be wiped out with a dry paper towel to clean out the remnants of the previous session. The tube is not kept in the freezer overnight nor when leaving the house as I am afraid of forgetting about it and having the water solidify and crack the glass. But, if anyone is around the house there's always a good chance someone is going to need the thing in the near future at any given moment so it primarily chills in the freezer. Both tube and bowlpiece get an overnight isopropyl alcohol (with lots of table salt shaken in) soak & rinse process on a weekly basis to keep them sparkling clean. Separate bowls are used for herb-only smokers and for those who prefer to add a bit of tobacco mixed into their packed bowls (makes for quite the head rush and temporary sensation of paralysis, esp. if you do not smoke cigarettes). Etiquette dictates that the herb-only smokers get to go before the tobacco-mixers during a session of personal hits.

Some additional notes: we prefer to exclusively smoke "personal bowls" wherein a smoker packs his own desired amount from a pile on the coffeetable so that he will be able to fully smoke the entire bowl to completion in one large hit, finishing the hit off by sucking the ash through the bowlpiece stem. The next person in the "rotation" then packs him or herself up a fresh bowl with an amount that they feel comfortable with and the cycle continues. If guests are over, we usually take the opportunity to pack up a personal hit for him / her as a courtesy as some people are uncomfortable packing up their own bowl from our pile of herb on the table (ground up with a stainless steel grinder). In these cases, though, we inevitably are not intimately familiar with the guest's lung capacity and usually end up packing too much in the bowl, causing the guest to have to take two hits rather than one big one. :) [This is an entirely true account. Leave it to an engineer...]

fishman said:
Some additional notes: we prefer to exclusively smoke "personal bowls" wherein a smoker packs his own desired amount from a pile on the coffeetable so that he will be able to fully smoke the entire bowl to completion in one large hit The next person in the "rotation" then packs him or herself up a fresh bowl with an amount that they feel comfortable with and the cycle continues.
yes, this is the only way to smoke bongs...unless you've got a hookah or the like

I own a small handheld glass bong, and I change the water after each bowl, unless I am REALLY too wasted to get my arse off where it gets plonked, in which case, I change after the session.

I clean my bong with potassium or sodium methoxide in anhydrous methanol, it BURNS right through even the most baked on gunk, when I first used it, it was on my bong which had a thick film of brownish black gunk baked firmly on, and the solution cut through the filth like I just rinsed the chamber out with volcanic lava;D

I like to use NaOMe first, give it a water wash after the crap gets burnt off, then shake up with water/toothpaste to get rid of any smell, then fill with fresh water.

One neat trick, is to dissolve a couple of altoids or menthol crystals in the fresh water, so the smoke comes out nicely menthol flavoured.

i pour out my bong water after every sesh (usually when all the weed is gone) and clean it about once a month. smoking through old water is just wrong in my opinion

not changing it after every session is disgusting. how can you stand to smoke good tasting weed out of a dirty bong, much less dirty old water.

i clean all my shit with epsom salt and isopropyl alcohol. works wonders on pipes, but I might needa look into a better method for cleaning bongs. too bad I just broke my nice glass one :-(

Waterpipes N Water; How Often Do You Change Yours?

It would seem to me that filtering my cannabis through water primed with plenty of prior usage would be the ideal. Friends say change it every time.

What do YOU think?

Thanks MaryJaneBurns

Change the Water when it gets Thick.

These days, I mostly vap my Cannabis. But, in the Old Days, I would just leave that "tainted" water in the Tube for 2 months or more (so, maybe 500 Hits). Then I poured out very dark, thick water. Why waste water? Help conserve our natural resources.

I have a friend who likes to change his water as soon as it turns dark (but not TOO dark).

That shit is nasty. Pour it out everyday cuz that water smells disgusting and makes your weed taste nasty too.

Change it after every bowl you dirty hobo.
Nothing worse than a big lungful of nasty brown bong water fumes! :p

YuKKy Smelly HoBo WaTer!! LoL

Thanks guys...I appreciate the dialogue and opinions and also the fun and sarcasm :p

Atleast once a week, if not everyday. I think everytime is a bit excessive, especially if your buring 5+ times a day.

after ever session i would say

water is a plentiful resource here (UK, it rains in the middle of summer here 8))

aside from anything, having bongwater around when you don't need it is a liability, that stuffs nasty and if you knock it over your carpet or whatevers ruined

No more often than once a week at best, usually longer. Untill someone comments on how nasty the water looks and that someone (as in, not themself) needs to change the water.

And on the note of personal bowls, or as we call them rips, it's the only way to go. It's the best way to kind of portion out the pot, and it makes for a nice "one hit challenge".