• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Changes in Oxycodone effects

P2nicks

Greenlighter
Hello, I’ve read the forums extensively, and want to discuss some specific issue with oxy that I haven’t seen in detail.

I’ve been using 4-8x per month (average of 1 or 2 days per week) Oxy for the past year roughly. I get hangovers from a good high, but have magaged to avoid physical dependence in any meaningful way due to my usage, though my breaks have gotten shorter.

My tolerance has increased, as would be expected. I started with 20mg and now need closer to 60mg. I generally dose once orally (occasionally rectally) in the evening, though I have taken smaller amounts over the next few hours when I’ve underdosed.

The two things happening that I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with are:

1.) The day after hangover consists of excessive urination almost every time. This can last a couple days post use. Does Oxy itself have any negative effects on the kidneys? Or liver for that matter (unrelated but curious as well). Is this a common side effect of abuse or withdrawal?

2.) I seem unable to to achieve euphoria anymore and only have the negative effects. Last night after a week since my previous dose, I took 50mg orally. I was itchy, drowsy, slightly nauseous and could not sleep all night. These are typical side effects for me. However, there was no warmth, no pleasant nod, no happiness or even contentment. I felt anxious, uncomfortable and generally worse than before taking it. I regret it immensely because I had no high and now feel like shit with the hangover. I will probably take this as a godsent sign to give it up and not travel the path further into addiction and dependency. But still curious to know if others have experienced this. Is my tolerance just increasing still and I need a higher dose? Or is the magic just gone?

Thanks all!

I will add that I see a lot here regarding urinary retention (which is not yet a side effect for me) but nothing about the opposite. I suppose a rebound makes sense however.

In regards to my second point, I am specifically curious if it’s normal to lose the euphoria with this infrequent/inconsistent dosing, or if it is a byproduct of tolerance. I assume it is, but I don’t seem to have a tolerance to the negative effects. Is that normal? My concern is, could I up the dose to reach the familiar pleasant effects again, or am I at risk since the negative effects are still so strongly evident? Hopefully that makes sense.

Hi there, I´ve been doing a very similar 'regime' like yours but for less time, for about 3-4 months give or take.

1). I haven't experienced at all the stuff you say about excessive urination. Regarding withdrawal, I´ve noticed oxy definitely takes a toll on the body even for just small usage and the last month ive been experiencing some minor discomfort and sore-restless arms (yeah, arms, not legs LoL) the couple of days after each weekend usage. (So I've made the decision to take a longer break and stop for 14 days
-Currently on the break so I´ll see if it happens again after I resume the use.- )

2). Regarding losing the 'good' effects, the doses you are talking about are straight from the extended release pill or you make it instant release and crush it into powder? Regarding tolerance, I haven't experienced that much increase...and last month I´ve been doing some weeks 3 days ON 4 days off.

Unsolicited advice but I really encourage you to look for another opiate if what you are looking is straight euphoria and nodding. No matter how much I take of break I get at most 30 minutes of sweet juicy bliss at then its just opiate normal high which is not more appealing (if anything, less), than a good dose of Kratom. I do oxy for another reasons than laying in the couch so that's why I dont care that much about getting more or less euphoria off my doses, but in your case it might not be the best drug for that purposes. (But of Course thats my opinion, if you got the money and want to take sufficient t-break then it's your decision. I just think its going to disappoint you long term, if its not doing it already... ).

Thanks for the reply @ItsclearlyFake

What dosage are you taking and have you experienced an increase in tolerance or change in effects at all?

I never only had 30 minutes. I chew the IR. So I crush it but it is already instant release. It generally lasts me for hours. Usually I feel the warmth spread over me and do get “lifted” for 30 min- 1hr, but that’s not what I enjoy. For me the positive effects are after that, maybe what you call the typical opiate effects, where I nod out a bit and just chill. Benzos nicely amply this and do not diminish it. So that’s the part I actually like best. Maybe because years and years ago I used to be an IV heroin user. But this effect has diminished for me as well, where now I just feel restless.

Interesting that you think another opiate may be better suited to my needs. What do you recommend instead?

Thanks for the reply @ItsclearlyFake

What dosage are you taking and have you experienced an increase in tolerance or change in effects at all?

I never only had 30 minutes. I chew the IR. So I crush it but it is already instant release. It generally lasts me for hours. Usually I feel the warmth spread over me and do get “lifted” for 30 min- 1hr, but that’s not what I enjoy. For me the positive effects are after that, maybe what you call the typical opiate effects, where I nod out a bit and just chill. Benzos nicely amply this and do not diminish it. So that’s the part I actually like best. Maybe because years and years ago I used to be an IV heroin user. But this effect has diminished for me as well, where now I just feel restless.

Interesting that you think another opiate may be better suited to my needs. What do you recommend instead?
Maybe take a look at o-dsmt. Pretty fun also, it has certain stimulating properties but also a good nod and relaxation at the end which I guess its the safe and fun version of tramadol.

Oh seeing that you get already IR that makes sense then. I get extended release and then crush it and I do usually 10-15mg at most each dose. More than that and it's just nausea territory or passing out for me and not really fun.

Usually I do about 30mg in a whole weekend, stacking them in 2-3 doses. But I do this as a mood-lifter and social enhancer when I go out, so obviously I know these are low doses, things change if one wants to use it for recreational purposes at its home.

Interesting. That one is more accessible as well. I’ve heard horror stories about it but obviously there’s many with oxy as well.

The way you use it makes sense to me. I saw your other posts as well. You are much better in the long run using that way for sure. Unfortunately for me a dose like that doesn’t scratch the itch and actually leaves me fiendish for more whereas if I get off to a larger extent I can then put it down for awhile. I’m ok with nausea etc as long as it’s accompanied by what I’m after

Interesting. That one is more accessible as well. I’ve heard horror stories about it but obviously there’s many with oxy as well.

The way you use it makes sense to me. I saw your other posts as well. You are much better in the long run using that way for sure. Unfortunately for me a dose like that doesn’t scratch the itch and actually leaves me fiendish for more whereas if I get off to a larger extent I can then put it down for awhile. I’m ok with nausea etc as long as it’s accompanied by what I’m after
Yeah I can totally understand.

Yeah I think my current use its not detrimental or compulsive, everyone said to me that my life would be ruined if ever try 'harder opiates' (I just come from Kratom), but I don't find myself too appealed to do oxy regularly, the fact I don't particularly enjoy the high as with other drugs, probably helps in that im not having trouble using it moderately.

With opiates I will stop there though, have no interest in dabbling with heroin or similar stuff. Oxy works as good as its going to get for my purpose, so I think my 'search' is done.

Anyway! Feel free to update if you ever give a try to o-dsmt!