• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Change of seasons and sex finally showing

I ended up losing it. But thanks guys. Did recording other heavy branches due too wind. We having some weird weather, not our normal change of seasons and so one. But adapt and survive

Meh so my grow is giving me one headache after the other. I recently found two plants that has rot on a few bud sites. I know smoking mouldy weed is more dangerous then good, especially ATM. So what I'm asking is, can I just cut of the buds with rot and keep growing or should I just harvest the whole plant, cut the rot away from the buds of the plants infected, and then still harvest the rest of the plant before it spreads faster and on to other plants.

Obviously the plants with the few rot sites aren't fully mature, but I will rather harvest and safe 80% of he plant with no rot and have a not so strong plant, then no plant at all.

So what advice does anyone have with this specific scenario.

In the meantime I pruned and jarred a plant I harvested a few days ago.

Roughly 87g dried weight

Meh so my grow is giving me one headache after the other. I recently found two plants that has rot on a few bud sites. I know smoking mouldy weed is more dangerous then good, especially ATM. So what I'm asking is, can I just cut of the buds with rot and keep growing or should I just harvest the whole plant, cut the rot away from the buds of the plants infected, and then still harvest the rest of the plant before it spreads faster and on to other plants.

Obviously the plants with the few rot sites aren't fully mature, but I will rather harvest and safe 80% of he plant with no rot and have a not so strong plant, then no plant at all.

So what advice does anyone have with this specific scenario.
Ive only grown weed once or twice but I would do what you said. If there is something on there you think would be a decent enough smoke then id cut it, the longer you wait the more you would probably have to get rid of so id say its a balance as far as how far along it is and how bad the mould is.

Id prefer the piece of mind over the more mature buds I think

Okay so the plant with the rot or that looks like its starting I chopped today. Will let it hang a day or two and then start pruning and so on.

Here are some pics of my other plants I'm still waiting on

White widow

Jackalope

Unknown plant, didn't mark it

Transkei

And my beloved Swazi

It fully depends if the plant can be salvaged from the botrytis, but usually just checking daily and cutting out suspect or obvious spots is what I suggest doing. Immature buds are better than none, but sometimes waiting just a week (or two) extra can make a huge difference in quality.

that's a mighty looking cola! cannabis is beautiful! It's a shame about the sick plants :( IME I would toss anything that looks black, if the buds have some white mold on the surface but otherwise seem clean those can actually be salvaged with a BHO wash, that strips out the THC while leaving the mold on the wasted green

that's a mighty looking cola! cannabis is beautiful! It's a shame about the sick plants :( IME I would toss anything that looks black, if the buds have some white mold on the surface but otherwise seem clean those can actually be salvaged with a BHO wash, that strips out the THC while leaving the mold on the wasted green
thanks bud but that cola is still small compared to two other plants I have.

Its not like mold on the two plants but rot or that was the diagnoses i got from a few friends and other forums. The bud itself had brown spots where the bud went from green to brown like its dying. so thats what happened to the other two plants. Not sure 100% if rot but the plant went just brown and like died off at certain spots. and quickly spread across the plant, so i chopped it. will look into the BHO wash or what i can get my hands on to do any type of extractions in this lockdown

Sidenote: we had a very bad storm last night but seems all my plants survived with minimal damage. So lucky me

okay done with that one for now.
Aftermath

what buds were left on plant after haircut. a lot of popcorn bud sites at the lower part of the plant, which clearly didnt get enough sun.

and some pics of the budz

Those look pretty with all the purple colouration, seems (almost) seedless too, only see a couple suspect swollen calyxes, but easily picked out. Don't have to make hash out of any of those, nice harvest.

Those look pretty with all the purple colouration, seems (almost) seedless too, only see a couple suspect swollen calyxes, but easily picked out. Don't have to make hash out of any of those, nice harvest.
Awe. Yeah pretty much about 70% of my crop showed nice colour changes to end of flowering. "Almost" being the key word.
i would reckon this plant and the rest will contain only a small amount but there will be. Will maybe chopped 2 more plants today but will see. But really waiting on two specific plants or should i say a tree and a huge bush ( no pun intended ) :LOL: but seriously, hopefully they will be my trophies for the year.

hey all..

Here is the 2 plants i harvested today

the two plants, Jackalope and unknown but it looks like a transkei maybe.

jackalope 70cm and unknown 35cm roughly

jackalope headshot after trim

unknown headshot after trim

Oh and my previous Jackalope harvested roughly 75g dry bud.

For interest sake the last 2 plants i harvest yielded the following;

Jackalope: 27g
Unknown: 18g

3 more plants to go.