• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chances of ever being prescribed an opiates again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crackhead

Greenlighter
So my first overdose was when I was 13 and that was on xanax, clonazepam, and alcohol, all stolen. My next overdose was the next year, also on stolen meds, and was tussionex(hydrocodone polistertex and some antihistamine), tramadol, cannabis, and a few beers, where I had a massive seizure and then stopped breathing and then in the hospital said it was a suicide attempt to try to not get blacklisted. I was baker acted (like 72 hours of boredom and antidepressants). My diagnoses were "Major depressive disorder" and "poly substance abuse" (I was also baker acted for my first overdose). Its now the next year.I am wondering if 1. What are my chances for being prescribed any opiate/opiod, 2. Will I have to really make it sound like I need them, and 3. If they won't prescribe anything, what should I ask for (root canals are super painful during and after). Thanks and regards from, Captain Crackhead

Unfortunately, the doctor might be seen as going against his oath to do no harm by prescribing someone with a known polysubstance use disorder opiates. Be honest with your doctor, we can't advise you what to do in that situation on BL. If opiates aren't prescribed for a root canal and NSAID's are ok, toradol is an extremely powerful NSAID that carries its own health risks, as the NFL is finding out.

If you ever have to undergo a serious surgery or something like that where pain meds are generally considered "necessary," the doctor might be willing to prescribe them to you, but will likely be extra strict on the number of pills and refills he allows you. As far as getting a prescription for pain pills as a result of say, complaining about back pain, I'd highly doubt that most doctors would be likely to prescribe you anything good considering your medical history.

No doctor is going to prescribe narcotic pain relievers to you unless you have a medical condition that warrants the use of them. Being that you're a minor, your parents would be made aware of any medications a doctor decides to give as well. Please read our forum guidelines because threads like this aren't permitted so I have to close this.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/441015-BDD-Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.