• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Celibate passion

:::as a means of journaling this thread into today:::

I'm not celibate today...but still very conscious of the concerns I had above...and the restraints I had on certain aspects. I currently aim for a balance and moderation and it works well.
I think I may have had some personal problems with sexuality to a degree of sometimes being overly consumed by that fire inside that I couldn't tame (not to extreme measures really, but enough to bother me, a perfectionist). And I had to turn it off in order to get control of it...and now I let it flow again but I have much greater control over it all together so that it doesn't control me. Of course the battle is not completely won, will it ever be? Probably not in this state of life.
It was a step that was important to the growth into 'me' today...the mindset & focus I had played vital in my mental growth, in other areas as well. (I was sexless for 2.5 years, with 2 of those years in the claim of celibacy, then the flow changed and my heart was moving in new directions). I've had sex with 2 girls...1st was for a 1.5 years with a girl > prior to the my sexless time, & the 2nd I am currently engaged to :)
feels right & good

Last edited:
Red meat (+alcohol & other addictives) increase sexual urge considerably.
White meat increases sexual urge moderately.
Vegetables & grains etc, act minimally on sexual desire.

Indulging in sexuality drains ones energy and ability to concentrate.
Not that it is unhealthy.
However, a question there is...
Do you identify with the body or with your mind?
That is, do you lead a life of sense-gratification, giving-in to your urges?
Or do you seek to control the senses and therefore, your mind?
...is there a middle path??

Hmmm, Hive, maybe that is why it is hard for me to get in the mood. (i am a vegetarian) Perhaps i should eat a steak and see what it does for me? epp!

Congratulations Seth !I wish you both all the best in the world. God bless you and Leah (wendisoul) !

and I agree with your statements HiveMind...and still find great importance to the moderations and levels of indulgences I partake...on both sides of the spektrum, sense & mind.