• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Celecoxib one of the most abused prescription drugs??

markanders7

Bluelighter
What the hell? I've been prescribed this for 4 years and while I sometimes take more than prescribed (two instead of one; three times a day instead of two) I've only ever done so when I've legitimately been in pain.

http://www.genengnews.com/insight-and-intelligence/top-20-abused-prescription-drugs/77900677

The same "Top 20 Abused Prescription Drugs" is at several other sources and they are basically all the same listings.

Does anyone know how or why Celecoxib is abused? I'm pretty sure it's just an NSAID.

That writer may be a moron. Celecoxib is a next gen anti inflammatory... I'm guessing he just googled pain medicine and saw that it's frequently prescribed for pain which = painkiller which = drug of abuse

Literally, I know people who have taken a bunch of Tylenol and ibuprofen thinking that it would get them high because they're painkillers.

That writer may be a moron. Celecoxib is a next gen anti inflammatory... I'm guessing he just googled pain medicine and saw that it's frequently prescribed for pain which = painkiller which = drug of abuse

Literally, I know people who have taken a bunch of Tylenol and ibuprofen thinking that it would get them high because they're painkillers.

Yeah people sure can be dumb. I remember being about 14 and a group of students in my year group (I guess aquaintences of mine, hardly knew them) Sat at the lunchtable crushing and snorting Paracetamol (Tylanol) to get high.

I remember being stunned - even at that age - that people can possibly be so stupid.
One guy was in my French class next period and he started crying and claimed the Tylenol was making him hallucinate. I'm not sure if it had a placebo effect and he sort of convinced himself he was trippin or if he's just full of bullshit.

Yeah people sure can be dumb. I remember being about 14 and a group of students in my year group (I guess aquaintences of mine, hardly knew them) Sat at the lunchtable crushing and snorting Paracetamol (Tylanol) to get high.

I remember being stunned - even at that age - that people can possibly be so stupid.
One guy was in my French class next period and he started crying and claimed the Tylenol was making him hallucinate. I'm not sure if it had a placebo effect and he sort of convinced himself he was trippin or if he's just full of bullshit.

I have called people complete idiot's I knew for snorting perc5s trying to get high. They're literally snorting 99 percent Tylenol and the small amount of oxycodone in the pill is likely not even absorbed in the nasal passages because it's all clogged up with powder. People are idiots. The writer of this article is an idiot. It's not even a narcotic.

Placebo effect mixed with ignorance can be more powerful than most would assume.

Back when I was a junkie, I once sold a few sweet tarts(and a couple of small square pieces of construction paper) to some people, claiming that it was LSD.

....they called me the next day to tell me about their amazing "trip" and attempted to purchase some more.

Placebo effect mixed with ignorance can be more powerful than most would assume.

Back when I was a junkie, I once sold a few sweet tarts(and a couple of small square pieces of construction paper) to some people, claiming that it was LSD.

....they called me the next day to tell me about their amazing "trip" and attempted to purchase some more.

I believe it could happen. I'm sure an experienced psychonaut would tell (most experienced users will know to be skeptical of anything sold as lsd), but to the naive individual, I could see it happening. The placebo effect is very, very real

^2 post up^ or they resold and didn't wanna say anything... but yeah placebo works on over 1/3 of the time on people

Or they wanted to jump you and convince you to believe that they wanted some more

Or they wanted to jump you and convince you to believe that they wanted some more

Either way.... I decided to not sell them anymore on principal believe it or not(they were just kids looking for a good time with daddy's money). But I also didn't want to bring shit onto myself in the future when they finally realized it was bunk. But I guarantee you they thought it was real....and real strong. Cuz not only were their accounts of the event/trip extremely detailed, but I still spoke with them on many occasions in the future where they were purchasing other products from me.
If they knew I had ripped them off, they would have done something about it, not continue to be my customers. That is why I believe in the power of placebo and ignorance.

Either way.... I decided to not sell them anymore on principal believe it or not(they were just kids looking for a good time with daddy's money). But I also didn't want to bring shit onto myself in the future when they finally realized it was bunk. But I guarantee you they thought it was real....and real strong. Cuz not only were their accounts of the event/trip extremely detailed, but I still spoke with them on many occasions in the future where they were purchasing other products from me.
If they knew I had ripped them off, they would have done something about it, not continue to be my customers. That is why I believe in the power of placebo and ignorance.
Maybe they were lsd/w.e.-niave and didn't know it was supposed to make them make love with god.