News CDC proposes softer guidance on opioid prescriptions

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

CDC proposes softer guidance on opioid prescriptions​

Mike Stobbe
AP
10 Feb 2021

NEW YORK (AP) — The nation’s top public health agency on Thursday proposed changing — and in some instances, softening — guidelines for U.S. doctors prescribing oxycodone and other opioid painkillers.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s previous guidance, issued six years ago, helped slow the kind of prescribing that ignited the worst overdose epidemic in U.S. history. But it also caused some doctors to become too quick to cut off patients taking prescription painkillers and too strict in keeping the drugs from patients who might benefit, CDC officials said.

Read the full story here.

Well... that's the best news about opioids I've heard in... 6 or 7 years now. I hope the pendulum is finally swinging back.

There's always some emphasis on piss testing patients though... like what the fuck. Privacy means nothing anymore. No doctor has any right whatsoever to test my urine unless I feel they need to for legitimate health purposes.

There's always some emphasis on piss testing patients though... like what the fuck. Privacy means nothing anymore. No doctor has any right whatsoever to test my urine unless I feel they need to for legitimate health purposes.
Yeah the urine testing just seems really unnecessary.

I wonder how much "damage" has already been done to the opinions of doctors on opioids.
It definitely will take time to have doctors relearn. Even more so for the public eye

I came to this forum to post this exact news article. I am honestly shocked to read that, albeit pleasantly, still shocked. After the tremendous smear campaign spearheaded by the US government resulted in quick infiltration of the minds (and wallets) of so called "medical professionals," influencing their belief systems and ultimately their prescribing practices, and as this propaganda was simultaneously spread through mainstream media channels and spoon fed to the public desperate for any drama to latch on to, after all that filthy bullshit, I am shocked the CDC would come forward and admit their previous guidelines not only were incorrect, but that as a result of these guidelines undue harm to the public has occurred as a result. Honestly it almost makes me have a tiny amount of respect for them. Almost... but not quite lol.

one step forward, two steps back. at least we got the forward step this time

Well... that's the best news about opioids I've heard in... 6 or 7 years now. I hope the pendulum is finally swinging back.

My last two doctors never piss tested me once. Was getting fent, dilaided, Norco, and methadone...and benzos.

Any doctor I was liss tested by was incredibly easy to cheat the tests.

This is the best news ever but it really means very little because the DEA has unregulated authority to arrest doctors regardless of the cdc guidelines.

The eradication of the DEA is the only chance America has to get a hold of the drug problem...simce they are a gang that profits off of there being a massive drug problem they make sure to throw fuel on the fire and make it worse by the year