• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. Dab or Die Tryin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
burning that green shrub. i'm the only one still awake... :| bumpin' macadelic B)

I'll be staying away from those campfire nugs and hash though now that I know this. I have no idea where they actually were located and how close to the fire they were, but the fire damage was evident. Good looks. I'm in the midwest and those packs are going to be sold regardless. People are money hungry and couldn't give a fuck here unfortunately, especially when they've already invested X amount of dollars into the product.

Good idea. You're definitely right on people selling their product anyway, it just won't make it to the California market. It'll be cut back soon though, the Governor just signed medical regulations last night, so those big farms up north will be harder to maintain past 1/1/18.

Damn that's crazy so many entrees got flagged for mold. I heard some of the gardens that were on the outskirts actually looked better due to the excess amount of Co2 in the air, but that claim could be bullshit. I agree that you can't really tell what was burning around your plants (probably MUCH more than wood) so whatever particulate matter landed on your plants / absorbed into your plants could be pretty fucked up.

I asked Bubbleman what he thought about water curing fire damaged packs (someones thread on here peaked my interest), and he responded with:

3iGIFDO.png

It's obviously a situation that can't be applied to all the grows, but I thought it was some good insight from a reputable source.

I'll be staying away from those campfire nugs and hash though now that I know this. I have no idea where they actually were located and how close to the fire they were, but the fire damage was evident. Good looks. I'm in the midwest and those packs are going to be sold regardless. People are money hungry and couldn't give a fuck here unfortunately, especially when they've already invested X amount of dollars into the product.

That is interesting. I bet there will be a lot of concentrate going around this year.

like you said though, it can't save everything. IMO, if the bud got hot enough to char and burn then a lot of the thc will have been burned off. If your crop was far enough away to only get smoke damage then I would think something like this would work fine, although I don't know enough about chemistry to say whether or not the shit in the smoke will leach into the end product. I guess best bet is to stay away if you think it might be contaminated.

Anyone up for some NBA games - Xbox

NBA2k9-15 / Gaylo reach
PM me.

I still haven't been smoking. Finally tonight I cracked and got some claim out of my rig using no solvents, but I'm a little worried to smoke it.

One of my older cheaper rigs was pretty caked up, and I know water won't dissolve oil but I figured I'd try putting near boiling water in it (yeah dumb move could of broke it lol) and shaking the hell out of it. I usually just clean with iso and it goes down the drain. I'm personally a little weary of using iso and putting it into my body even if it all evaporated, so I figured I'd see what happened with water since I trust it. When I poured it out into a pyrex I saw some oil floating on top (most was still stuck on the walls) but I figured I'd try and evaporate it anyways. It took several hours at low heat and made my house smell really good, way better than nasty claim smoke, but I left it on way too long and when I came back it was bone dry.

This is what it looks like, and I'm honestly afraid to smoke it. I tried putting some on my dabber and flashed it with a lighter and got zero melt factor, just ash , so I'm not sure if it's oil I got back or just some bullshit residue from my water (which is clean I drink it everyday) or some other bullshit in my rig like waxes or fats from the bho. Anyways I probably destroyed most of the cannabinoids anyway because it sat there too long and I didn't care to check it often enough. Still looks cool though

waqRPOl.png

Tomorrow when I have 3-4 hours to myself I'm going to try and evaporating normal clean water from the same source in a clean dish on the same heat and see if it leaves the same residue. I just feel like this shit can't be BHO or is just dried waxes/fats lol.

EDIT: Got impatient, couldn't sleep, so I decided to say fuck it and smoke it. Almost no effect (probably just some placebo lol.) RIP 3 hours of my time

Last edited:
I still haven't been smoking. Finally tonight I cracked and got some claim out of my rig using no solvents, but I'm a little worried to smoke it.

One of my older cheaper rigs was pretty caked up, and I know water won't dissolve oil but I figured I'd try putting near boiling water in it (yeah dumb move could of broke it lol) and shaking the hell out of it. I usually just clean with iso and it goes down the drain. I'm personally a little weary of using iso and putting it into my body even if it all evaporated, so I figured I'd see what happened with water since I trust it. When I poured it out into a pyrex I saw some oil floating on top (most was still stuck on the walls) but I figured I'd try and evaporate it anyways. It took several hours at low heat and made my house smell really good, way better than nasty claim smoke, but I left it on way too long and when I came back it was bone dry.

This is what it looks like, and I'm honestly afraid to smoke it. I tried putting some on my dabber and flashed it with a lighter and got zero melt factor, just ash , so I'm not sure if it's oil I got back or just some bullshit residue from my water (which is clean I drink it everyday) or some other bullshit in my rig like waxes or fats from the bho. Anyways I probably destroyed most of the cannabinoids anyway because it sat there too long and I didn't care to check it often enough. Still looks cool though

waqRPOl.png

Tomorrow when I have 3-4 hours to myself I'm going to try and evaporating normal clean water from the same source in a clean dish on the same heat and see if it leaves the same residue. I just feel like this shit can't be BHO or is just dried waxes/fats lol.

EDIT: Got impatient, couldn't sleep, so I decided to say fuck it and smoke it. Almost no effect (probably just some placebo lol.) RIP 3 hours of my time

idk but that pic's got me on the fence.

on the one hand, looks similar to some super-fine kief.

on the other hand, it just doesn't.

i'd probably smoke it.

Right? In the pile it looks ok, but all the little pieces outside the pile are weird shaped and look like table salt almost lol. It also smeared/crumbled on the parchment like the consistency of ash which you can see towards the top, it wasn't sticky at all. I'm really surprised I didn't get high though, I put it all in a bowl on top of a screen and just went for it. I thought I'd get ripped considering my tolerance has to be super low right now, but nothing lol. It had no taste to it either.

I really don't know what it was, but my lungs feel fine and I'm positive it's some byproduct from the oil/water mix. Won't be trying that again though

Sounds like you might have cooked it too long. It does look odd though.

I wish every oil rig was designed with a built in dip or oil catch right below the entry point for the nail. I always try to use an oil catch, even a simple 90 degree elbow works wonders for catching most of the reclaim.

Personally I wouldn't smoke that.

Looks like it was over cooked or it sat too long and has began to break down.

Just my guess though.

Got some real oil today. It's a local strain that was bred here called Lemon G. It's not the candy sweet lemon terps but more the lemon sour piney kind. I'm always keeping it fresh in the raw parchment pouches which I highly recommend. Doesn't leave any texture on your slab which makes it look super clear.

This is the same run on the raw parchment vs white offbrand textured parchment (different parts of the same uniform slab my homie just keeps his in the white)

0mRJCHH.png
VS.
4yijt3e.png

That's the stuff alright man! I'm gassing some in the next few days, hopefully get a few grams but will be a month before it's safe to smoke.

Looks good Danky! Have you submitted anything to PoN? That is some nice looking oil. I'm dabbing on midnight train bud run shatter. It's not nearly as clear looking as yours though it is good.

I see a future with legal weed that is very similar to legal alcohol. Someday the people who continue to work/buy illegally by choice will be but a mere niche group. The blackmarket for pot will be somewhat similar to how an illegal moonshine distillery works today. To me, the future is already here and it's coming for many more people.

It won't happen today, but many tomorrows from now, I see a future of legal marijuana where people who buy pot in the blackmarket will look a lot like this:

moonshiner.jpg

Looks good Danky! Have you submitted anything to PoN? That is some nice looking oil. I'm dabbing on midnight train bud run shatter. It's not nearly as clear looking as yours though it is good.

I see a future with legal weed that is very similar to legal alcohol. Someday the people who continue to work/buy illegally by choice will be but a mere niche group. The blackmarket for pot will be somewhat similar to how an illegal moonshine distillery works today. To me, the future is already here and it's coming for many more people.

Not yet. I'd like to get something up there, but I'd want it to be some flowers. I know not everyone on here are big hash guys so I'd like to continue the trend with all the other weed. I have a bunch of old pictures since I usually put everything I get on instagram, but I think a lot of them have been posted on the old social thread. I need to get something more current and it's hard since I'm not around as much flowers as I used to be.

I also can see the black market fading out once legalization happens. We're about to potentially pass here next month, and all my grower buddies are already freaking out. If it does pass they have about a year before everything is built and gets set up, so it's time to go hard and enjoy the last year before they lose X amount of customers and income.

Even though I'm against it passing, the arguments on my side in recent debates make me feel ashamed. It's a bunch of old people twisting facts and making bullshit up about Colorado. Main points they have are guys didn't reach your estimated tax revenues (pretty sure that wasn't true and there was a ridiculous amount of money made for the State), Crime has gone up (pretty sure that's bullshit), and there's been a massive rise in 12-17 year olds smoking and a 40% increase in school suspensions because of legalization (pretty sure youth smoking went down). They also said all sick people already have the FDA approved medicines to treat their health problems with (also bullshit) and marinol is legal here and just as good as any other cannabis based medicine (complete bullshit).

This is one of their "discussions" trying to convince people to vote no, and I could only watch about 20 minutes before I had to turn it off.

Not yet. I'd like to get something up there, but I'd want it to be some flowers. I know not everyone on here are big hash guys so I'd like to continue the trend with all the other weed. I have a bunch of old pictures since I usually put everything I get on instagram, but I think a lot of them have been posted on the old social thread. I need to get something more current and it's hard since I'm not around as much flowers as I used to be.
Cool man. It looks like a piece thread has also been started here that you might be interested in. I might post a couple to that thread if I can get it together.

I also can see the black market fading out once legalization happens. We're about to potentially pass here next month, and all my grower buddies are already freaking out. If it does pass they have about a year before everything is built and gets set up, so it's time to go hard and enjoy the last year before they lose X amount of customers and income.
Ohio's situation is different though because of the monolopy thing. I honestly believe if the monolopy thing passes and stays that your blackmarket will not be changed much. The biggest hit on the blackmarket for CO is the competition brought in by lowering prices over time and increasing companies. You can't do that with a monopoly so it's likely that they won't even bother to get that good to be considered a threat to the blackmarket business.

When legalization first started in CO, yes it was overpriced and the blackmarket was still better and I continued to use it for many months while it was totally legal. However, after more stores opened up with different owners prices started to drop. They haven't really stopped dropping either and it's to the point where the blackmarket is completely obsolete for me.

Even though I'm against it passing, the arguments on my side in recent debates make me feel ashamed. It's a bunch of old people twisting facts and making bullshit up about Colorado. Main points they have are guys didn't reach your estimated tax revenues (pretty sure that wasn't true and there was a ridiculous amount of money made for the State), Crime has gone up (pretty sure that's bullshit), and there's been a massive rise in 12-17 year olds smoking and a 40% increase in school suspensions because of legalization (pretty sure youth smoking went down). They also said all sick people already have the FDA approved medicines to treat their health problems with (also bullshit) and marinol is legal here and just as good as any other cannabis based medicine (complete bullshit).

This is one of their "discussions" trying to convince people to vote no, and I could only watch about 20 minutes before I had to turn it off.

OK so I could only make it 4 minutes before I wanted to punch the crazy out of her.

Also the other points you brought up are very twisted like you said. Technically, we didn't reach our projected estimation but that means jack shit because of how much we actually made. We made so much money off of taxes that the State has to give it back to us. So what if our estimate was slightly off, that's why it's called an estimate. I'm still going to see that money come back to me.

I would expect crime to go up because of the amount of people who have moved here. That's one thing that I miss about the old Colorado. Rent use to be easy and cheap to come by. Not any more. But that's life isn't it? So what.

organized my mind today on some mushrooms. the trip was going decent until i took a bong rip and god damned did it bring out the magic.

now it's sunday and in a few hours i can enjoy my kratom. =D

yeah this video goes perfectly with the song. I don't know what to think about this guy. whatever it is he is trying to do he is doing it well.

Just watching Weed Country season 1 ep 1 after a friend recommended it. Pretty impressed with it so far.

Also here's some BHO I made from shade leaves of OG kush the other day. Seems to be quite a good return of oil for a useless pile of shaders.

ec1bbc33803e958b7442048983ebdfc9.jpg

13903f7446fbf9307b984980dbb5aebc.jpg

9089e939fda2580230d5543197c419f6.jpg

9fde349e9b68ae410b15b1b05223cc07.jpg

Edit : I'll update with a pic of the BHO anonmgur is timing out at the mo guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.