• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBG-A, CBD-A and THC-A and Corona/ Covid

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
Interesting research in the link below. This could also be in the Covid thread but it seemed to have vanished.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

"the spike protein ligands with the highest affinities were identified as CBGA, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA-A), and CBDA"

Smoking destroy's them btw , sorry guy's and girl's. The good thing is that they work against the new Variant's Of Concern. While the vaccine's according to what i get from their scientific paper don't so well.

If some of you has some insight on this subject. Monomer's, allosteric/ orthosteric, ligand's and spike protein in the epitilial celll's. What are they writing about. Lowest free binding energy vs higher. I am lost.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the only way to get those be to eat raw buds? Edibles (cooked) wouldn't work

Fascinating

Wouldn't the only way to get those be to eat raw buds? Edibles (cooked) wouldn't work

Fascinating
Indeed but you'll need raw Hemp bud, but they could extract the working Cannabinoid's and put em in a pill.

And your protected against all variant's of Corona, in theory.

I found weed for sell at store in Texas that is 28% thc-a, dunno how they dry it though

If you have access to the flower of hemp or cannabis you can put it in a juicer and drink it. The other option is to make concentrates without the use of heat (which is the way most concentrates are made btw) or buy them.

Most concentrates (except for distillates and RSO) lack decarboxylation. They would be good to consume as is. Obviously if you have access to a product that has testing results (legal/medical) you can be certain just how much of each cannabinoid is in your product.

If you have access to the flower of hemp or cannabis you can put it in a juicer and drink it. The other option is to make concentrates without the use of heat (which is the way most concentrates are made btw) or buy them.

Most concentrates (except for distillates and RSO) lack decarboxylation. They would be good to consume as is. Obviously if you have access to a product that has testing results (legal/medical) you can be certain just how much of each cannabinoid is in your product.

my only issue with all of that is that the testing isn't very accurate - it never has been

you'll have 2 different buds from the same plant that test differently - ive seen that too many times.....

my only issue with all of that is that the testing isn't very accurate - it never has been

you'll have 2 different buds from the same plant that test differently - ive seen that too many times.....
Hemp farmers often times give the popcorn buds in order to pass the THC test.

Cannabis farmers often times give the top cola for the exact opposite reason.

Here is what I do for testing, unfortunately it is not the standard...

Take colas, mids, bottoms from each corner of the room.

Then randomly select near the middle.

Then about 15 random selections from employees. So I have no idea where they came from.

All is tested and then average it out

I found weed for sell at store in Texas that is 28% thc-a, dunno how they dry it though
Most of the extraction's like the supercritical CO2 one are done on low temp's.

"used at an extremely low temperature to isolate and preserve the oil from the hemp plant"

And does anybody know if THCa-A is the same as THC-A. I'am lookin' but find no conclusive answer.

Well lets say the CBD weed I smoke.
MagMASS Ranking of Hemp Cannabinoids for binding to the SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein.
cannabidiol (CBD)​

Would CBD be helpful too? You can smoke CBD right?

Last edited:
Most of the extraction's like the supercritical CO2 one are done on low temp's.

"used at an extremely low temperature to isolate and preserve the oil from the hemp plant"

And does anybody know if THCa-A is the same as THC-A. I'am lookin' but find no conclusive answer.
It’s not an extract, it’s thc-a flower

But is THC-A THCa-A. Sorry noticed this is directed to PolarBear

That its only available in cold unprocessed flower I get. Or pure bud's.

And how about CBD.
I’m not sure, maybe it’s like how delta 8 thc acetate is just called thc-O, they could just be shortening the name

Interesting research in the link below. This could also be in the Covid thread but it seemed to have vanished.

"the spike protein ligands with the highest affinities were identified as CBGA, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA-A), and CBDA"

Smoking destroy's them btw , sorry guy's and girl's. The good thing is that they work against the new Variant's Of Concern. While the vaccine's according to what i get from their scientific paper don't so well.

If some of you has some insight on this subject. Monomer's, allosteric/ orthosteric, ligand's and spike protein in the epitilial celll's. What are they writing about. Lowest free binding energy vs higher. I am lost.
Is it best to eat CBD then in sweets or oils?

CBD compounds block viral entry of SARS-CoV-2 through spike binding. Neutralization of spike protein pseudotyped lentivirus and multiple variants of live SARS-CoV-2 virus by cannabinoids CBDA and CBGA. (A) Representative images of high-resolution microscopy of SARS-CoV-2 (WA1/2020)-infected Vero E6 cells treated with 25 μg/mL CBDA, CBGA, or vehicle (control). Cells were stained with anti-ds-RNA (red) antibody to visualize replication sites formed during infection.

Honestly I'm not super convinced by this paper. First off, it's a mixture of in silico and in vitro work, which is a good start, but certainly not enough to be convincing that this is a valid treatment. Second, the levels of cannabinoid reported are pretty high (like higher than i would consider comfortable, and I'm a fan of weed). Finally, and this is a stylistic thing, they listed all their concentrations in ug/ml rather than umol/ml. This may seem unimportant (and it likely is), but it signals to me that this lab lacks the chops of a strong pharmacology lab and might be a bit shoddy. Like, that's a bush league way to talk about concentrations, because to tell anything generalizable you have to divide it by the molecular mass of the compound.

There was a different paper on cbd and covid that i felt was a lot stronger, as they had a bigger diversity of assays, and used a human cohort of people with epilepsy taking cbd, and found that very high dose cbd decreases covid risk when compared to matched controls.

Honestly I'm not super convinced by this paper. First off, it's a mixture of in silico and in vitro work, which is a good start, but certainly not enough to be convincing that this is a valid treatment. Second, the levels of cannabinoid reported are pretty high (like higher than i would consider comfortable, and I'm a fan of weed). Finally, and this is a stylistic thing, they listed all their concentrations in ug/ml rather than umol/ml. This may seem unimportant (and it likely is), but it signals to me that this lab lacks the chops of a strong pharmacology lab and might be a bit shoddy. Like, that's a bush league way to talk about concentrations, because to tell anything generalizable you have to divide it by the molecular mass of the compound.

There was a different paper on cbd and covid that i felt was a lot stronger, as they had a bigger diversity of assays, and used a human cohort of people with epilepsy taking cbd, and found that very high dose cbd decreases covid risk when compared to matched controls.

Saw that to that CBD also has high affinity for that protein.

But what i assumed was all of these Cannabinoid's will not make you feel anything near a THC high. So the huge dosage shouldn't that be a big of a problem.

Saw that to that CBD also has high affinity for that protein.

But what i assumed was all of these Cannabinoid's will not make you feel anything near a THC high. So the huge dosage shouldn't that be a big of a problem.
The human body is acted on by drugs and simultaneously acts on drugs. I would be surprised if they did not decarboxylate at some point during metabolism.

This kind of brings me to another concept that is crucial to bringing these drugs into practice: pharmacokinetics. For this to be a viable treatment, blood levels will need to stay above the concentrations found to disrupt spike binding for a good amount of time. A strong piece of evidence that would strengthen the paper would be a time course (I'd even take one in mice or rats) that shows a correlation between a givin dose and the blood levels produced, with the decrease in plasma level being monitored over time.

Without that or an experiment saying that x dosing schedule will decrease risk of infection by y%, i think this study is effectively useless with regard to real world application.

The human body is acted on by drugs and simultaneously acts on drugs. I would be surprised if they did not decarboxylate at some point during metabolism.
There is also some decarbing that occurs during the drying process but it's not enough to be of any significance. Edibles are by definition decarbed because the alternative has been tried and a proven failure, at least with THC.

HOWEVER, CBGA/CBG does look to be a lot less stable than the other two cannabinoids in this study, CBDA and THCA. I wouldn't be surprised if the amount decarbed IS significant for this compound specifically.

This kind of brings me to another concept that is crucial to bringing these drugs into practice: pharmacokinetics. For this to be a viable treatment, blood levels will need to stay above the concentrations found to disrupt spike binding for a good amount of time. A strong piece of evidence that would strengthen the paper would be a time course (I'd even take one in mice or rats) that shows a correlation between a givin dose and the blood levels produced, with the decrease in plasma level being monitored over time.
This is true and would require a lot of re-dosing if the experiment is to be done for any extended amount of time.

------------

If the acidic precursors to these cannabinoids were as cheap as CBD I'd consider using this as a viable method to attempt to prevent COVID.