• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cbd

captdg321

Greenlighter
Note..Dear Moderator, If this should be under another topic, I apologize as I have not been on the forum, for quite sometime.Please advise..

I have a degree in chemistry, used to work in the private sector, but became quite disillusioned as was asked to ie on reports and any creative endeavors I brought to the table were the property of my employer..I know this is customary...

Ok..My cousin is an M.D. and he and many of his colleagues are trying to get away from prescribing opiates for long term chronic pain.He asked me to look into CBD as an alternative,. I automatically thought of Bluelight as a great source of information as many members here cut through the BS and give practical real world advice that one can actually use..

I am familiar as to CBD's effectiveness for epilepsy, but does it have any analgesic properties? It looks like it has a similar structure to a phenanthrene ring,it does have some activity with opiate receptors..Does it work more towards 5HT or have any dopamine properties? I know Canada has Epidiolex, but does it actually work for chronic pain?

will delete this on other sub forum

It has Anti-inflammatory properties... But nothing like Opiates or Ketamine or anything like that.

Cannabis itself is better for pain relief, but combined CBD and cannabis is good because it will allow you to use a bit more and be less likely to suffer from Anxiety or memory problems from the THC

cannabinoids2.png

I live in the UK and CBD is lately been available to purchase in Holland and Barrett health store.
here are its specs:

Contents bottle 10 ml - approximately 230 drops

Hemp seed oil (75% )
Hemp paste (leaf and flower) 25%
2.75 % CBD
0.15 % CBG
0.35 % CBC
CBD 247.5 mg

So as you can see its not just the CBD or the THC that will aid pain relief... It is many together
I hope this helps if i think of any more info i will post it up