View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

CBD to calm down a trip?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Does anyone have experience with taking advantage of the anti-anxiety properties of CBD to reduce discomfort/anxiety during an uncomfortable or anxious trip? If so, how did it work for you? Did you notice any differences in your mental state?

I have smoked cbd heavy concetrates while tripping and it helped a lot with nausea and stimulation. There was thc in it as well though, so it was not pure cbd just more than half. That being said I generally rely on thc in everyday liffe, and like a chimeny when I trip especially on the come up, and come down.

I don't have experience with pure CBD, but I am a very enthusiastic cannabis user on psychedelic drugs in general. As Mescaphysicality94 says, it works wonders to counteract some of the negative physical side-effects, such as appetite loss and nervous stimulation.

Cannabis does have the potential to increase anxiety and paranoia on psychedelics if taken in excess, but pure CBD without the presence of THC might be a different story. It's an interesting question.

Personally I've actually found that large doses of CBD can give me anxiety without enough THC present. I prefer a 1:1 or 2:1 strain really for the most help with anxiety. I think it's somewhat about the synergy between the two (and other cannabinoids/terpenes). THC to me can have a wide range of effects from hyperanxiety to really soothing, and CBD really helps bring out the soothing effects. But at any rate I've personally had a lot more success treating anxiety with a strain like Harlequin or Pennywise than something like AC/DC or a pure CBD oil.