European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

CBD oil

Si Dread

Bluelighter
I got myself some CBD oil. Anyone tried it?

Can I vapourise this stuff? I've not tried it yet...

... okay I have now, 1 drop under the tongue... earthy, herbal flavour...

As far as I can tell I have sourced genuine CBD oil from within the UK. It's legal. It wasn't cheap but I'd rather pay for the best I can find...

As I understand it, CBD has very little psychoactivity on it's own but when combined with THC produces the desired effect. I intend to smoke herb while on the CBD oil. I'm also interested in the myriad health benefits associated with it use.

Now there is massive amounts of research available today to say that Cannabis is not only medicinal, but the greatest medicine of them all! www.endalldisease.com have compiled a list of medical studies from credible medical journals around the world which all have a consistent theme between them, it is that “cannabis shrinks tumors and selectively targets cancer cells“.

The most common use for medical Cannabis is for pain. Scientists say it works by modulating the electrical and chemical activity to help reduce excessive activity. It binds to the receptors through out the brain and body, reduce inflameation and provide a buffer against pain, the receptors control movement, coordination, memory, learning, appetite, pleasure, sensation, sense of space and time and other drives.

Scientists in Israel are now reporting that Cannabis can actually protect the brain, and even decrease the amount of brain damage from head injuries, so you can give medicine after the injury to reverse some of the damage! The “Grandad of Cannabis research” Dr Raphael Mechoulam claims, to get the best results you need Tetrahydrocannabinol present with Cannabidiol which he calls the entourage effect, but unfortunately for now THC remains illegal in this country.

Cannabinoids were first discovered in the 1940s, when CBD and CBN (cannabiniol) were identified. The structure of THC was first determined in 1964.

Due to molecular similarity and ease of synthetic conversion, CBD was originally believed to be a natural precursor to THC. However, it is now known that CBD and THC are produced independently in the cannabis plant from the precursor CBG

Cannabidiol (CDB)

CDB is one of at least 60 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, accounting for up to 40% of the plant’s extract, as a non-psychotropic phytocannabinoid. CBD is considered to have a wider scope of medical applications than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

The Endocannabinoid System

The endocannabinoid system is a central regulatory system that affects a wide range of biological processes. It consists of a group of molecules known as cannabinoids as well as the cannabinoid receptors that they bind to.

Although cannabis is a source of over 60 cannabinoids (including THC and CBD), the human body produces a number of cannabinoids as well. These endogenous cannabinoids include anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG) and are present in all human beings.

Decades of scientific research on the endocannabinoid system has resulted in the discovery of two types of cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2. These receptors are found in various parts of the body, but are most prominent in the brain and immune system.

Cannabinoid receptors act as binding sites for endogenous cannabinoids as well as cannabinoids found in cannabis. When cannabinoids bind to CB1 or CB2 receptors, they act to change the way the body functions.

While cannabinoid receptors are primarily expressed in the brain and immune system, researchers have identified cannabinoid receptors in a variety of other places as well, including the peripheral nervous system, cardiovascular system, reproductive system, and gastrointestinal and urinary tracts. Cannabinoid receptors continue to be identified in unique parts of the body as research on the endocannabinoid system progresses.

What Does It Do?

Interestingly, the endocannabinoid system is not unique to the human species. Rather,research has shown that this system is common to all humans and vertebrate animals – and even some invertebrate animals – suggesting its significance in the process of evolution. Experts believe that natural selection has conserved the endocannabinoid system in living organisms for 500 million years.

Although the endocannabinoid system affects a wide variety of biological processes (such as appetite and sleep), experts believe that its overall function is to regulate homeostasis.

Homeostasis is a key element in the biology of all living things and is best described as the ability to maintain stable internal conditions that are necessary for survival. Disease is simply a result of some aspect of failure in achieving homeostasis, making the endocannabinoid system a unique target for medical applications.

Medical Applications

A primary example of the endocannabinoid system’s role in homeostasis comes fromresearch that has identified an overexpression of cannabinoid receptors in the tumor cells of various cancer diseases, including lung cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and prostate cancer. Research has also shown that tumor growth can be inhibited and even reversed when cannabinoids such as THC are administered.

Experts believe that the overexpression of cannabinoid receptors is an indicator of the endocannabinoid system’s role as a biological defence system, providing strong support for the use of medical marijuana.

Interestingly, research suggests that this defence system is not only useful in treating cancer, but may also be beneficial in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions. Current evidence points to the endocannabinoid system as being a potential therapeutic target for the following list of disorders:

AIDS/HIV
Alzheimer’s disease
Arthritis
Cancer
Chronic pain
Epilepsy
Fibromyalgia
Glaucoma
Multiple sclerosis
Sleep disorders
Post-traumatic stress disorder
And many more.

Interesting! I didn't realise that only THC was illegal in the UK. Incidently, anandamide was the origin of the 60s myth that smoking banana skins can 'get you high', because it was bastardised to 'bananamide' in the hippy press at the time (yeh, I fuckin tried it....).

Interesting! I didn't realise that only THC was illegal in the UK. Incidently, anandamide was the origin of the 60s myth that smoking banana skins can 'get you high', because it was bastardised to 'bananamide' in the hippy press at the time (yeh, I fuckin tried it....).

Blame Paul Krassner for that one

I ate two heaped teaspoons of nutmeg once - cant remember if it had an effect as id smoked so much catnip

I ate two heaped teaspoons of nutmeg once - cant remember if it had an effect as id smoked so much catnip

Erm, nutmeg does actually work... to make you ill as fuck! I once ate 2 heaped TABLESPOONS full (no word of a fuckin lie). Nothing happened - until I woke up in the night spinning like fuck, throwing up and feeling like death - which lasted for at least 24 hours. I've honestly never felt so bad. But that's what 'legal highs' were like in the 70s...

One of my younger brothers ate an entiire 1oz tub of nutmeg once and had to have his stomach pumped. Doctors said he damn near died. It's a delerient - bad idea to attempt "recreationally".

One of my younger brothers ate an entiire 1oz tub of nutmeg once and had to have his stomach pumped. Doctors said he damn near died. It's a delerient - bad idea to attempt "recreationally".

Yeh, I know the feeling... 2 tablespoons is approx 1 oz. I'm surprised I've even got a liver left after that because myristicin is supposed to be very hepatotoxic...

Very tasty on a baked custard tart, mind. Mmm... tasty hepatoxins. Yum <3

Joking aside.....I did actually have two t spoons of nutmeg which i blended in to custard and felt awful, similar to FUBAR but not as strong a reaction ,felt like a small dose of ket with added gloom and anxiety.
Shamans pipe - was the only 'rc' bitd that we smoked - a whle oz in an afternoon and felt nada.

Joking aside.....I did actually have two t spoons of nutmeg which i blended in to custard and felt awful, similar to FUBAR but not as strong a reaction ,felt like a small dose of ket with added gloom and anxiety.
Shamans pipe - was the only 'rc' bitd that we smoked - a whle oz in an afternoon and felt nada.

Shaman's pipe? Was that one of these herbal blends with damiana, lettuce and catnip etc? Did you ever try broom? Guessing you also had a copy of the book 'legal highs' by Adam Gottlieb...

^^^^ yep back then when you ran out of hash you would try anything - none worked. The only way you got high off that book was by using the pages to spin up a J

I use to make a most excellent brew which was 1g of hash per person slowly melted in a pan of a few grams of butter , when blended added milk, bring up to under boiling and add brandy and sugar to taste....you would be high all evening and very stoned for the first 4-5 hours

Last edited:
^^^^ yep back then when you ran out of hash you would try anything - none worked. The only was you got high off that book was by using the pages to spin up a J

I use to make a most excellent brew which was 1g of hash per person slowly melted in a pan of a few grams of butter , when blended added milk, bring up to under boiling and add brandy and sugar to taste....you would be high all evening and very stoned for the first 4-5 hours

Haha, yeh they were all shit! What amused me about the 'legal highs' book was the advice for getting hold of the effective stuff like 5- meo-dmt: 'Send a letter to the chemical supply company pretending to be a legitimate research lab' (or words to that effect). Yeh, good luck with that :)

the same shit they call "shatter" ? my dutch mates have a guy who makes loads of it like 6x stronger than a joint and u have to use a blow torch and metal bong to smoke it?

Marijuana oil for fibromyalgia?

It's legal where I am but I don't know the right dose to help with fibromyalgia. Smoked forever it now makes it worse :(. Want to try oil but store clerks just push heavy bullshit I've already done for years. Wish it was still fun. Ate a candy bar got on city bus. Should have eaten half as package suggested but I'm always going for it. I was chill by the time I reached home.

Damn nutmeg.

Used do heaped dessertspoon, chug coke, another heaped desertspoon and more coke.

Fourth or fifth time was in combination with a winter flu and a crushing e comedown from a big one, was horrid. Haven't had an eggnog since.