• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD OIL FOR SCHITZOPHRENIA

emotionalnumb

Bluelighter
Can you take CBD with antipsychotics? What is better ~ raw, decarb or oil…does it matter if there is a minimal amount of THC in it!

i would suggest you try CBD isolate based products first. If you notice any improvement then you can stick with that
It is a common misconception that people believe that cannabis causes schizophrenia and this is untrue. It can however bring on paranoia and psychosis in susceptible individuals, in this instance i would suggest you proceed with caution , also please remember many of these companies are lying about their CBD and THC content, some products come in 'hot' with a high THC which could affect you very negatively. CBD isolate shouldnt have this issue however

I predict with sufficient dose you might experience less symptoms of schizophrenia however you will also experience more side effects combined of both your medication and the CBD such as dry mouth and lethargy

The best harm reduction product is isolate CBD with a COA demonstrating such. However, without other trace noids, the benefits are there but somewhat limited.

In my *personal view*, I believe Full Spectrum with no more than 2mgs of THC and at least 20mgs of CBD is optimal for symptom relief! However, I also believe taking multiple doses daily, if you are particularly susceptible, could pose an issue. As Dark already noted, you have to be careful in doing your research. Hell, I’ve seen companies post their COAs and sell the product with like 0.35%, and they let it ride. However, 95% that use COAs will keep it under 0.3% and those that exceed are generally by 0.1% or less.

I would also say research brand reputation. For example, a review of Wisconsin’s Batch shows they have a very high reputation, but a very small market, so reviews on them will be more limited than say FiveCBD.

One last word of caution: My mom, who has the disorder, occasionally uses full spectrum hemp gummies with 2mg thc and 25mg CBD. She only eats half because she only needs half! 1mg of THC produces a notable buzz (not a high) in her. Taking 1/4 or 1/2 doses may work just fine. In fact, might be good to start with a half dose on principle.

Probably due to genetics and an efficienct Endo-system, I only need 2mgs of THC for a moderate long lasting buzz. A mere 5mgs will get me genuinely high lol. 🫠

However, I also believe taking multiple doses daily, if you are particularly susceptible, could pose an issue.
Yes, I should also say that I have had some "full spectrum" stuff that made me feel a bit weird, anxious and off in the same way using psychoactive cannabinoids would. Typically the cheaper brands have more unintended THC in them, which could pose an issue for people.

I'd steer clear of cannabinoids if you have schizophrenia. From my experience looking after my friend who has schizophrenia he always has a steep decline when he uses cannabis.

I know CBD is different to thc but a lot of things marketed as cbd are contain some amount of delta-whatever and a bit of thc.

Idk the effects of CBS on the schizophrenic brain nor do I know how the combination of antipsychotics and cbd on the schizophrenic brain.
My advice is to consult your doctor and see if the medication is compatible with you.

I have serious Agoraphobia. I find it so difficult to leave the house. CBD really helps in this regard. Even though I've almost been sectioned in the past, I don't relapse any more, so I'm not on Anti-Psychotics - I don't like the early morning heavy Sedation and I function okay. CBD can feel VERY strange to begin with, at least it did for. It subsided after about a Week though, I felt less "Strange" and more Relaxed, like my brain needed early adaption, even though I Seldom take CBD. (Once a Week)
I'm anti THC now, I refuse to touch it and even go to the length of avoiding hanging around people that are smoking it - but CBD works really well.
When I first started taking CBD, it wasn't doing anything. - So I went ahead and bought the highest strength available from my head shop. 1800 mg at the time of writing.
I thought to myself, Bugger it, if it works. it works. If it doesn't, then no point buying it (So I completely ignored the "Recommended Intake" & just Vaped it until "I felt something"
I do feel as though CBD has helped with my Anxiety & I hope it continues to stay Legal in my country. :)

I have serious Agoraphobia. I find it so difficult to leave the house. CBD really helps in this regard. Even though I've almost been sectioned in the past, I don't relapse any more, so I'm not on Anti-Psychotics - I don't like the early morning heavy Sedation and I function okay. CBD can feel VERY strange to begin with, at least it did for. It subsided after about a Week though, I felt less "Strange" and more Relaxed, like my brain needed early adaption, even though I Seldom take CBD. (Once a Week)
I'm anti THC now, I refuse to touch it and even go to the length of avoiding hanging around people that are smoking it - but CBD works really well.
When I first started taking CBD, it wasn't doing anything. - So I went ahead and bought the highest strength available from my head shop. 1800 mg at the time of writing.
I thought to myself, Bugger it, if it works. it works. If it doesn't, then no point buying it (So I completely ignored the "Recommended Intake" & just Vaped it until "I felt something"
I do feel as though CBD has helped with my Anxiety & I hope it continues to stay Legal in my country. :)
You are SO lucky it’s not legal in Australia yet ~ what anti psychotics were you on & dosage/SideFX…

It calms you down a bit without any of the paranoid effects of normal weed, plus here:

You are SO lucky it’s not legal in Australia yet ~ what anti psychotics were you on & dosage/SideFX…
I was on Olanzapine. I started on roughly 50 MG. - This was when I was still in Hospital, with paranoid schziophrenia, Hearing Voices and visual hallucinations that felt like absolute Hell. I would never wish that on anyone. My family didn't even do anything about it, until I snapped one day, and went completely crazy at 3 am, shouting and running around the house like a Lunatic.

SideFX of the Medication were a little slow to begin with, but I was released from Hospital after about 2 months. This was over 10 years ago, I cut down over the years in MG, and I did Relapse Twice, but this was only because I was experimenting with Speed a lot.
I'm not on any Anti Psychotics now, Amphetamines were my Trigger. Too much speed & I would slowly lose my mind, while still loving the stuff.

I'm glad you are interested in my story :) And I hope it becomes legal in Australia soon. CBD has done me so much good. I can't really say anything bad about it, except the price tag and the "Recommended Intake" is a complete Lie IMHO. It feels as though, reading the label, is just wasting money. Maybe I'm just different. :)

P.S I still do carry emergency Anti-Psychotics, when I'm out of the house. Just in case! :D