• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

ish675

Bluelighter
The process seems pretty simple. CBD+HCL, extract with sodium sulfate = both d9 and d8 THC in somewhat equal portions. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have more to say and some questions but I wanted to put some feelers out to see if anyone has experimented with this. Since you can now buy pure cbd, and hemp cbd extracts legally in all states you would think this would be an interesting method for obtaining THC, both medicinally and non.

Link to the U.S patent-
https://www.google.com/patents/US20040143126

Does a patent mean that they have successfully converted cbd to thc or that they thought of the idea? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of patents out there that would never work or are very unpractical.

That being said, it does seem like it could be possible although I know very little about chemistry. Whether it would be a practical way to produce thc... I am somewhat doubtful of.

That's what I'm unsure of, I don't know if this had ever been done successfully, or this is theoretical.

I dont think patents means it works it means they think it may and they want to protect the idea. I also post on a science forum and I think that exact question was asked in reference to something harder to do and the general idea was if someone wanted to make a patent anyone can do it and it doesnt mean anything. You need a real synthesis diagram and lab write up, even that doesnt mean it will work you also need comments and revisions otherwise you dont really know the yield or anything you just know some guy thought about it and was willing to pay a filing fee.

That is not a comment on whether it will or not but a true scientist would read the patient try it and post a report.

I think all you need for a patent is the idea. Which doesn't necessarily mean it HASN'T been done IRL, but doesn't mean it has either.

Regardless, to me this would fall under the category of "very unpractical." Maybe just my personal experience of spending the last few years searching out CBD while THC was readily available everywhere around me (in fact just freely given to me most of the time). I guess there might be some reason for it in areas where ganja is scarce, but it still just seems like more trouble than it's worth to me when the vast majority of the hundreds (thousands?) of marijuana strains out there will leave you with plenty of THC, and getting your hands on one of them is quite do-able in most of the world.

Sure it wouldnt work for anyone who thought they could profit off of it but that isnt why people do chemistry, someone might just want to see if "closing the ring" via one route works for this compound as well. That is the greatness of chemistry the ability to transpose one idea onto another starting material and seeing if it works. Not practical for "john wanna-get-high" but fine for university style labs testing ideas :)

Yeah, I guess I was just talking about it being impractical for ME. :D I don't have much personal interest in chemistry, but I can see there's a value just in exploring things and seeing how they work, even if it doesn't make money or get you high ;)

I just found another thing on the great Wikipedia stating that if you boil hash oil in ethanol and .05% hydrochloric acid it converts the cbd to thc. It also has a source that seems legit. I just see thus keep getting casually mentioned in many places but can't seem to find anyone who has done this or seen it done. I get that a patent is just a concept, but there is more information out there on this than just the patent. I know enough about chemistry to understand that this should work, beyond just a concept. I just can't believe that nobody has even tried, even unsuccessfully.

-Wiki quote-
"Process 2) consists of dissolving the oil in a suitable solvent such as absolute ethanol containing 0.05 % hydrochloric acid, and boiling the mixture for 2 hours.[8] The latter method may be used to convert CBD oil to THC-CBD oil, the true reason why CBD oil is so popular"

-source as well-

Yechiel Gaoni; Raphael Mechoulam (1964), "Isolation, Structure, and Partial Synthesis of an Active Constituent of Hashish", Journal of the American Chemical Society 86 (8)

And I'm glad you all seem to understand this isn't mentioned to be a practical thing, just for the sake of science.

it sounds like it has been done before from the wiki qoute, but perhaps that there isn't really a use for it. I know most people don't enjoy pure thc and like a mix of thc+cbd when consuming.. at least for recreational purposes, and a lot of medical purposes desire high CBD/pure cbd. Seems like a thc to cbd conversion would be more practical in the medical field, but even that doesn't really seem worth it unless the ethanol and hcl can be reused, which also seems unlikely.

but ya, pretty cool to know none the less. would never have thought about it myself.

Has anyone tried using CBD oil for anxiety? I am looking a companies on the internet and would love a personal success story before I buy.

Thanks,

Kwright

It works well, but you need to do a bunch of research. Lots of the CBD oil online is either weak, bunk, or something else entirely.

Yes. I use CBD oil to lower the tension before using mdma. Works a treat.
No sourcing problems as CBD oil is sold over the counter in smartshops in the Netherlands

Here it's sold in health food shops. I'm a recent convert. I tried weed for the first time recently and it made me paranoid, full of anxiety and dread. But for 2 weeks I've been using CBD oil under the tongue. Before I smoke I have some and it prevents all the negative stuff for me.

on the flip side it also mutes my painkiller high.

fucking wonder drug IMO. I even missed some of my painkiller doses because my pain wasn't there/I felt a-OK. Could be because of how much I take though. On the bottle it says to take 3 drops 4 times a day. I take 6 drops maybe 5-6 times.

Is it hemp oil CBD or CBD from marijuana plants? I live in VA and we can only buy hemp oil extract CBD oil, and while it worked some, it's only as successful as gabapentin for anxiety for me. ALthough, I vape it and different brands have varying qualities.

I really like the taste of buds like most people
but I sometimes get a paranpoid high or shitty feeling if im not high on opiates
but I chain smoke and always want a bit of weed in thee to make it taste better in a spliff.I
I Usuually smoke bongs but making me feel ill probs the bacca im mixing it with?
Does cbd flower actually taste nice but then again its near enough same price as thc bud and I am using the oil and a vape.

If it's grown well it can, but my understanding is most CBD flower is from hemp so it's grown in bulk and without much thought for flavor or smoking experience. Most of the strains we smoke today are products of human-guided hybridization, so if a hemp grower wanted to spend the time growing and breeding a tasty strain I'm sure they could do it.

Yes it can, but it depends upon the strain, type, and how it was grown. A friend of mine in a state where herb is legal smoked some pure CBD bud and said how it tasted exactly like well grown herb with THC and was earthy and fruity, but did not make him anxious or paranoid, and it relaxed him and took away all anxiety.

Depends on the strain, I grow a lot of high CBD strains and find there are some that are pretty tasty and others not so much. I think the tastiest ones I've tried were CBD OG, Cannatonic, CBD Skunk Haze, and Dancehall.