• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD for Benzo withdrawal symptoms?

F'Loki

Bluelighter
Hey,

Just wondering if CBD could be used for some of the horrible symptoms I still get even though i'm doing an Ashton Taper withdrawal from diazepam, such as insomnia and anxiety? Or would it be detrimental?

Sorry I have googled this but there seems to be no clear cut answer: Some people were theorising that it would make things worse due to it inhibiting GABA-A receptors, but others said it was starting to be prescribed in Canada and certain US states for this very purpose now (Including my brother in law in Canada who was prescribed CBD for diazepam withdrawals and to replace benzos long-term for his extreme anxiety problems).

Thanks

F'loki

I'm not sure about CBD specifically, but straight up marijuana helps me get through the shakes when I've w/d'ing on alprazolam. I don't really get to that point anymore, but back in the day when I would binge and then stop cold turkey? Weed was a god-send.

It doesn't eliminate shit, but being high definitely made me a bit more at ease, less physically tense and helped control the tremors.

It has the potential for mild reduction in withdrawal symptoms. It definitely won't help control seizures so don't expect it to help in that area.

CBD doesn't agonize Cannabinoid receptors like THC does, so i doubt that it will be effective.