Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

CBC radio: "Scientists push to renew psychedelic drug research for psychiatry"

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
CBC radio: "Scientists push to renew psychedelic drug research for psychiatry"

A really interesting 25 minute segment on psychedelics aired on national radio in Canada a few days ago. 3 interviews with: David Nutt (ex-adviser on drug policy to the British gov), Mark Haden (MAPS Canada), and Erika Dyck (Medical Historian).
The audio is here
The accompanying article here.

Thank you for the post. I will be checking this out too.

Edit: So all of it was striking and interesting. Like many of us thought, set and setting is the biggest difference for getting positive effects. It was also interesting how the doc alluded to lsd's and psilocybin's effect, namely at letting go of the sense of self to alleviate certain issues with the mind. No wonder there can be an ego loss, especially at high doses?

About mdma, lol, I guess that's why I'm mostly positive and how it works so well for me. I never had an experience past a +3 on it, but it definitely changed my life for the better mentally and spiritually. It made me understand what's truly important, and it wasn't myself as much as the people around me that I care about.

It really is stupid that the stigma ruined all of the potential benefits. But it's not that surprising politics and large companies are behind all of this. The government is not interested in the benefits and it clearly shows. It seems that the ones in power have an agenda against it and the loss of profit that would ensue.

On a side note, the potential republican candidate is actually against legalizing mj and it is said that he will attempt to crack down on the states that have legalized it. I hope nobody votes for him because his reasoning was very ignorant and full of crap. D bag.

Last edited: