• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Cathinones?

Dimebagdonny

Bluelighter
So I been hearing about this stimulants called cathinons that you can buy on Internet that are simular to meth. What kind is legal to buy and can you smoke it? I've been wanting to find an upper that i can atleast smoke

If you live in the USA or the UK or in AUS none of the cathinones are legal.
If you tell us where you live we may be able to see what the law says regarding research chemicals.

Cathinones are not very similar to meth, they are just in the stimulant drugs category, and yeah many cathinones can be vaped in a meth pipe.

Dosages are also very different from meth, for some an active dose can be just a few mg.

Last edited:
Hm.. sounds interesting. I wonder why more of this stuff aint going around. Must not be very easy to make or get?

Hm.. sounds interesting. I wonder why more of this stuff aint going around. Must not be very easy to make or get?

Thing is, classic drugs have an established market and distribution network, Research Chemicals are more niche so there is less big time organisations I believe.
Many people are getting cathinones from China and selling them, but now that it's as illegal as Meth, there's much less incentive compared to when it was legal to have them.

Start with the place where it all started. Qat/ Catha Edulis, chew a fresh bunch of twig's an leaves sipping on your preferred tea.

That will give you a good first impression of this class. Withouth having to dive into all those knock off's wannabee's, That got created after the ban's on the popullar ones.

Fresh Khat contains Catninone and Cathine and is actually very nice. But unsmokable!

Remember "bath salts" and "flakka"? Those were actually cathinones, and they were pretty popular for a time, even in America.

The thing is that the most potent ones (like MDPV and a-PVP) have since been banned in most of the world, including China - and since that is where most of these were synthesized, their supply has decreased dramatically. While they are not necessarily hard to make, they're still significantly harder to make than meth... and if those cathinones are just as illegal as meth, why bother, especially if meth has superior "brand recognition" among your customers?

Mephedrone and a-PVP are supposedly still being produced clandestinely in Eastern Europe, but they can no longer be openly sold on the net, so very little makes it to the street in the West.

As for the original unsubstituted cathinone found in Catha edulis, it is fairly unstable chemically, so the plant has to be consumed fresh. Apparently some members of the Somali community will smuggle it into the West, but this is mostly done for cultural reasons (as communal khat-chewing is a popular social activity for men in Eastern Africa and Yemen), not because it offers any sort of decent "bang for your buck".

There is also methcathinone, a chemically stable synthetic derivative which is significantly more potent than cathinone itself. Like methamphetamine, it can be synthesized from pseudoephedrine; however, depending on the oxidant used, batches of methcathinone are often contaminated with toxic amounts of manganese. It is also less potent than methamphetamine which - coupled with the substance being just as illegal - didn't help its popularity.

I enjoy cathinones. They need respect, perhaps a bit moreso than methamphetamine as they are generally cheaper.

Chewing Khat is a great intro if you can find, its the same as drinking ephedra tea to meth lol.
On a serious note, research chemicals do require a lot of research to be safe, cathinones can be taken as long as one exercises precautions. They have been around for many years now, as have other RCs.

However, perhaps disregard my comments, as i emjoyed BZP and other piperazines :)

So I been hearing about this stimulants called cathinons that you can buy on Internet that are simular to meth. What kind is legal to buy and can you smoke it? I've been wanting to find an upper that i can atleast smoke
It a shame that your out a few years. Before 2016 in the UK you could have got yourself 4-MMC (4-Methylmethcathinone) which was a cathinone designed with a methamphetamine skeleton. Probably the nearest to meth that I've had,but wasn't any good for smoking. ethylphenidate which isn't a cathinone is good for smoking and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you can still find it.

For harm reduction purposes I would say "dont do any of it" but that's not realistic. Be careful with research chemicals though,they can be much more dangerous than illegal street drugs.

Stay safe man. Peace out and shine on.

Yea but I bet those plants arent around here in Oregon
Any Somalian or Etheopian community's around. That's the place I would start, but growing your own is an other option you could try.

Fresh btw is the way, and it is not like Amphetamin. It's a sloppy, euphoric intoxicating state after a few hour's of chewing. Don't swallow the fibres mass use it as a quid and disgard after getting the drugs out.

It a shame that your out a few years. Before 2016 in the UK you could have got yourself 4-MMC (4-Methylmethcathinone) which was a cathinone designed with a methamphetamine skeleton. Probably the nearest to meth that I've had,but wasn't any good for smoking. ethylphenidate which isn't a cathinone is good for smoking and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you can still find it.

For harm reduction purposes I would say "dont do any of it" but that's not realistic. Be careful with research chemicals though,they can be much more dangerous than illegal street drugs.

Stay safe man. Peace out and shine on.
They banned Qat overhere.

A plant with an pretty good ranking among drug's may I say a softer-drug. Illegalizing as if it was a hazard or harddrug was a big mistake my gouvernement made imo.

4-MMC getting listed I can get that, it was just about to spread the Netherland's too.

The hoops you have to jump through make that not an option for literally every one without narcolepsy