• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Catheter/Canula for IV drug use

FayeHarderway

Bluelighter
I know this seems kinda crazy or extreme, or maybe not.... I gotta imagine some other sick puppy must have thought about this before me...

Has anyone ever set up an iv with a catheter or canula in the vein so it can just stay in there for your binge instead of poking over and over and getting your arms all fucked up? Usually I'll slam a whole ball over a 24 hour period, it just seems smart to set up an iv. I bought these infusion kits online to try them out 😅😅 but I need a bigger gage (these are 30ga and the needle got clogged after one hit) and also the tubing is 12" ..too long to prime...

I know this seems kinda crazy or extreme, or maybe not.... I gotta imagine some other sick puppy must have thought about this before me...

Has anyone ever set up an iv with a catheter or canula in the vein so it can just stay in there for your binge instead of poking over and over and getting your arms all fucked up? Usually I'll slam a whole ball over a 24 hour period, it just seems smart to set up an iv. I bought these infusion kits online to try them out 😅😅 but I need a bigger gage (these are 30ga and the needle got clogged after one hit) and also the tubing is 12" ..too long to prime...

Ha! If you had used the search engine, you would have realized that this sick puppy right here has done such a thing.

I had a temp job that I was assigned totally at random delivering medical supplies to various wings of a hospital. It was all your usual, tape, bandages, IV bags, anything other than medicine. I ended up taking home some IV catheters, tegaderm and all the other pieces and set it up in my arm. I had also taken a 60ml giant luer-lock syringe. I used it to inject liquid Methadone, as there was a significant amount of fluid involved.

It was a total mistake in that the Methadone completely and utterly destroyed that vein and some others in the same area. Other than that, I think it's totally fine and not crazy at all.

I think people who inject Cocaine, for one example, would be greatly helped by having an implanted catheter, as they're known to inject themselves repeatedly in a single session of use, often ruining their veins quickly. The catheter could mitigate the damage of the repeated injections (often with the same needle).

Just practice proper hygiene and don't do anything stupid and I think you're fine. The catheters are really very easy to use.

Ha! If you had used the search engine, you would have realized that this sick puppy right here has done such a thing.

I had a temp job that I was assigned totally at random delivering medical supplies to various wings of a hospital. It was all your usual, tape, bandages, IV bags, anything other than medicine. I ended up taking home some IV catheters, tegaderm and all the other pieces and set it up in my arm. I had also taken a 60ml giant luer-lock syringe. I used it to inject liquid Methadone, as there was a significant amount of fluid involved.

It was a total mistake in that the Methadone completely and utterly destroyed that vein and some others in the same area. Other than that, I think it's totally fine and not crazy at all.

I think people who inject Cocaine, for one example, would be greatly helped by having an implanted catheter, as they're known to inject themselves repeatedly in a single session of use, often ruining their veins quickly. The catheter could mitigate the damage of the repeated injections (often with the same needle).

Just practice proper hygiene and don't do anything stupid and I think you're fine. The catheters are really very easy to use.
Oooohhh hahahaha woof!

It's not only the repeated injections that does damage to your body, the cocaine itself destroys your circulatory system because it's super caustic. I don't recommend this practice, I'd even say that smoking crack is healthier...

Yeah tons of ppl have done that, I've heard stories of anesthesiologists setting up a catheter in their femoral vein and injecting in between surgeries. He'd maintain it clean and unclogged with heparin, it would last a few days. Crazy mofo.

yup known a couple, usually about the last thing someone does. eghh i know someone that just dumped bathsalt directly into the port no water nothin. Yea its been done to death. I was hoping we were going to talk about bioavailability of morphine catherterized. I sware i read it was much more effective than IV, which doesn't really make sense but im not as smart as some of the folk here so ill leave it at that and warn you it could be misinformation.

I couldn't agree more from a harm reduction standpoint that for IV cocaine a canula would mitigate a lot of harm. As long as you are able to insert it properly which I'd imagine would be a bit challenging and don't leave it in for very long since I'd imagine there would be no sterile saline available to push it and clean it. But for a night of IV cocaine instead of 100+ pokes in desperation and blowing veins and everything else that goes with it, yeah... I always wished I could have had access to one back in the day. When I was in the hospital and had a PICC line those worked absolutely fantastic.

^ I will give this to him as I am not a stim person and they do seem to inject with a frequency that i find semi-silly.

Whilst I see how this could help in a HR sense, an IV catheter is so open to infection. Even at the hospital people have issues and they are using very sterile methods.

You’ll ruin the vein very quickly and the fact that it is there would likely mean you’ll use more.