• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Concentrates cart air hole clogging?

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I've been smoking these d8 thc carts (skyhio and 3chi brands) for over a month now, gone through 4 of them.

Every single cart starts to clog with about 1/3 of the oil left. The oil (which is extremely viscous, has a semi solid dab consistency. It's like shatter.)

It's really annoying when it clogs, it literally starts coming up through the airway and into my mouth and I can't hit the thing (complete clog)

I have to suck on it for a minute to clear it and get a hit.

How can I avoid this? I'm vaping using an ooze pen at 3.3v. They are authentic ccell carts.

Thanks for any advice

I don't use same brand but I have seen similar issue sometimes. You gotta really pull on it sometimes to get it hitting again but I've never had it make a cartridge stop working for good and eventually I get it all thankfully. It's just do to the consistency of the stuff.

I don't use same brand but I have seen similar issue sometimes. You gotta really pull on it sometimes to get it hitting again but I've never had it make a cartridge stop working for good and eventually I get it all thankfully. It's just do to the consistency of the stuff.

yeah these d8 carts are so thick the bubble never moves and eventually I do get it all but its hella annoying

This is something that can happen with *all* vapes. It’s condensation of the vapor on the sides of ‘vapor path/chimney/whatever you want to call it’. The tendency is for this to happen after initial usage of the cart.

If the cartridge is made of glass, mouthpiece is ceramic/glass I sometimes give the cartridge a kiss of a lighter flame. A hairdryer should work on the mouthpiece.

Tom

Don't really mess with oil carts anymore, but when this happened would just open it and suck it up with a syringe (not dope rig, like for making ejuice) and then dab it with a banger.

To be honest if I came across a cart today would just dab it. They are indeed a pain.