• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Carrie Fishers' toxicology report

I might agree with the at 60 years old part, but spread over 1 week, that isn't such a crazy amount of drugs to be taking. Granted, you'd be lit 24/7. But I take similar amounts of different drugs on a week (or daily) basis as well. Though I'm only 26.. And I don't use cocaine, meth or mdma very often (I do use 'eurospeed' (amphetamine sulphate). Nor demerol (due to availability), but I take equally strong drugs (oxy, methadone, atm also hydromorphone. Large amounts on a daily basis of most of these (And on a weekly basis even more).

I don't know if I'd still be inclined to do so at age 60 though..

I don't understand how drugs could have been rules out either though. Makes no sense to me at all. Those were some serious drugs to be taking at age 60.. 8o

I know these forums are dominated by younger folks generally but to make a sweeping statement about how someone 60 can't enjoy drugs is just crazy. Being a man who is just shy of that mark, I will tell you that one's mind does not particularly know age. It just acts, feels, reacts and knows of many more life experiences than any 20 something but just doesn't know it's X age. I was a teenager back in the 70's and did nearly every drug that came down the pike. Admittedly there are drugs out there today that didn't exist back then. I am also a pain patient and have been for over 35+years and although I take my meds daily and as prescribed, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy them from time to time. Trust me, age has nothing to do with it. Please open your mind in the future and don't assume one should act one way or another just because they're a certain age. Sorry if I went off a bit there but I really just felt like I needed to put that out there.

I’m approaching 40. But young at heart ;)

I assume there are a lot of young people. But I think there are a lot of older, wise, and seasoned users too, like yourself Beachbum.

Kind of makes me wonder about the demographic stats of posters on the site. I would assume visitors probably range from 10 to 90, based on the wide number of google searches that link here.

Spacejunk, what band were you in?

Anyway. I’m off topic now.

RIP Carrie. My toxicology report would probably be something similar if they run one when I eventually die.

I know these forums are dominated by younger folks generally but to make a sweeping statement about how someone 60 can't enjoy drugs is just crazy. Being a man who is just shy of that mark, I will tell you that one's mind does not particularly know age. It just acts, feels, reacts and knows of many more life experiences than any 20 something but just doesn't know it's X age. I was a teenager back in the 70's and did nearly every drug that came down the pike. Admittedly there are drugs out there today that didn't exist back then. I am also a pain patient and have been for over 35+years and although I take my meds daily and as prescribed, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy them from time to time. Trust me, age has nothing to do with it. Please open your mind in the future and don't assume one should act one way or another just because they're a certain age. Sorry if I went off a bit there but I really just felt like I needed to put that out there.
I'm not saying that people around that age can't enjoy drugs, please do not misunderstand, and sorry if I offended anyone.

I was just saying that the older you get the larger the toll that drugs take on the body. I'm only 26 and already feel a big difference from when I was in my teens, 17-19 years old.

I was just saying that maybe it was an amount of drugs too large for 5j3 body 5o process 1ne they in her 2ps it might not have been a problem. Of course its a matter of know your own body/tolerance 2ne stuff.

I was definitely not trying to say that people from older generations shouldn't do drugs period. I do think that the older you get the more mindful you need to be about what you take and in combination with what.

I hope that clears things up and I'm sorry again if I offended you in any way... Offending people is NEVER my intention in here, please know that.

To be honest, when I was hospitalized for an OD, the sheet with all the drugs I had in me apparently, I didn't even know I had access to. So it's likely that these reports could be false positives, or partially fabricated.

Very true.
It's a bit of a rabbithole when we're talking about metabolites - especially with opiates and amphetamine derivatives.

Could also but psychoactive cuts. I've tested positive for drugs I know I haven't taken knowingly a couple times before. Cause what I had taken had been cut with something else.