• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Carisprodol: Was it ever popular in the UK?

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
From what I know it was withdrawn from the UK market (Along with the US and a few other Euro's countries.) in 2012.

I was wondering if it was ever popular here? As I've never seen it on the streets or mentioned in the Euro' forum.

It had alot of fans in the US posting about it a few years ago.

The standard dose is 350mg, I get the 500mg.

Are they anticonvulsant? Cause I get the shakes in my hands really bad. I also find them alot more pleasurable than benzo's

They're muscle relaxants afaik. Heard them mentioned a few times here in EADD but rarely and not for a long time. Them thar folks from over yonder ponder went a bundle on 'em when I smodded over in OD though.

I used to buy it in powder form from an RC vendor five or so years back. Long since gone from that market too, i believe.
Was using opiates at the time, and found the synergy pretty pleasant. Nothing earth-shattering, but more fun than benzos if i recall correctly (which i rarely can, thanks to....benzos)

Yeah it was never really mentioned that much in eurozone, not that popular.

Shaky hands can be a bitch. Especially with martini glasses.

It functions as a prodrug, and I think it active in its own right of an old drug, meprobamate, aka miltown. Barbiturate like in action, I may be wrong about inherent activity, but anyhow; it is one of the carbamate family of sedative-hypnotics, dangerous in overdose unike benzos, meprobamate itelf has been withdrawn due to abuse potential. A lot of people love carisoprodol. Which is an isopropyl carbamate derivative of meprobamate. Never had it but quite recreational, likely to have significant recreational (I do not consider it abuse of course to use for recreational purposes)

Quite quick acting afaik. Its one I would love to try, because I love barbiturate-binding site GABAa receptor agonists (its an allosteric positive modulator rather than like muscimol though still.

Yes, Space junk, they are more fun than benzo's. And do go well with opi's.

Limpet Chicken what you said is all correct apart from carisoprodol has also been withdrawn from the US, UK, Sweden and a few other countries.

Carisoprodol (Not sure about Meprobamate) is also an Adenosine reuptake inhibitor.

Would that mean if you took caffeine on it the caffeine would last longer?

I'd of thought with it working like a barb's it would be anticonvulsant. I guess the shaking in my hands could just be muscle relaxation. It reminds me of excess GHB when that causes your muscles to relax s much you shake, thankfully though it's only in my hands unlike GHB.

Could be the adenosinergic effects. Caffeine is an adenosine antagonist, so presumably it would actually counteract the effects of caffeine more effectively than say, a barbiturate binding site PAM that does not possess the AMPA antagonist effect of barbs, such as chlormethiazole, in an equipotent dose. Caffeine is also a strychnine-sensitive glycine receptor antagonist, like strychninel, tutin or brucine.

Gaz, wasn't sure if it was still around, and was too lazy, as it had not been requested of me, to grab my copy of the BNF.

What do strychnine sensitive glycine receptor antagonists do? And what do the agonists do?

Is there any other recreational drugs that are SSH receptor antagonists or agonists?

i got a few pills of 300-350mg(ish) of these from India a while back!
adoooored them, i was gouching so hard i was sliding right out my chair - in some ways even more enjoyable than valium.