• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Carisoprodol, how to reduce it?

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Hello again, a few days ago my doctor took me off methadone, I have not taken other opiates for a while, I know that methadone withdrawal lasts a long time, but I have only been taking it for a little over a month, even so , I feel uncomfortable withdrawal (diarrhea, chills, pain and sometimes feeling of being drowning) I have not felt cravings for opiates since this is rubbish and I really do not want to go back.
Ok, my doctor decided to give me venlafaxine, naproxen (for pain) and carisoprodol, I cannot say that this helps me so much, but carisoprodol and naproxen help to remove perhaps 70% of the withdrawal, and if with this I smoke weed all day I forget about withdrawals. It is my fifth day with carisoprodol and my mother is worried that I will become addicted to it. I am only supposed to take it for 2 weeks, 3 weeks maximum, I am taking 350x3 a day, this Wednesday my mother wants to start giving me only 2 and a half pills or just 2, has anyone taken this for a short time without problems? I'm so tired of this, I hope abstinence doesn't last too long and I can get rid of carisoprodol quickly

How would you do the reduction? remove half a pill every 2 days?

Hey, do you even know what carisoprodol (soma) is? It's just a non benzo muscle relaxant, you can take it or leave it. Why I had to look it up in the Internet, I don't know...

JJ

Hey, do you even know what carisoprodol (soma) is? It's just a non benzo muscle relaxant, you can take it or leave it. Why I had to look it up in the Internet, I don't know...

JJ

Yes, I know what it is, I also know that it has recreational potential such as short-acting barbiturates, I take benzos (diazepam 10mg a day)
I just want to know if someone has taken it for a short time and how can I reduce it correctly

From my personal experience I don't remember there being any withdrawal from carisoprodol. The pharmacology of carisoprodol is unusual, and while suspected to behave similar to meprobamate it seem have its own activity.

In any event i expected some withdrawal but was surprised to not experience any because I was taking alot (3-5 350mg pills a night for months). However i was taking other things at that time (benzos) as well which may have hidden the withdrawal.

Going down slowly is still the best option. Going down by half a pill every 2 days should be fine.

From my personal experience I don't remember there being any withdrawal from carisoprodol. The pharmacology of carisoprodol is unusual, and while suspected to behave similar to meprobamate it seem have its own activity.

In any event i expected some withdrawal but was surprised to not experience any because I was taking alot (3-5 350mg pills a night for months). However i was taking other things at that time (benzos) as well which may have hidden the withdrawal.

Going down slowly is still the best option. Going down by half a pill every 2 days should be fine.

I used it recreationally before, but I just want to get through this unpleasant stage of withdrawal, i took methadone for a short time, would you say the withdrawal will last a long time? I will try that, thanks