• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Carfentanyl found in LSD blotters

Yeah I have to be cautious about this. You guys know how journalism works.

This may have been a dude who accidentally sold the wrong blotter, the article made up the part about th hoffman blotter, or maybe the user took a hoffman lsd blotter and a fentanyl blotter and forgot.
To say this was some evil trump directed republican plot is borderline idiocy, or a mischevious murder scheme. And If it was intentional to put carfentanyl on a hoffman blotter, well, then the dudes an asshole.

Fentanyl analogs, like Bromo dragonfly should not be in the hands of untrained scientists. Hell, the free market did away with Bromo, and now some of the DNMs are trying to hault the sale of Fentanyls.

I guess the point is, if someone sells you blotters as LSD, and they're carfentanyl instead, that's super fucked up. If you bought them knowing what they were, then it's just whatever. The impression I got was that this was a misrepresentation. I've also heard stories recently of fentanyl analogues found in cocaine, which is really fucked up too.

I sure wish the opiate analogues hadn't hit the "research" scene. The fentanyl analogues in particular are a scourge, one of my best friends died from injecting some heroin that was mostly fentanyl last year. These things are gonna set the whole scene back. It's one thing to offer exotic psychedelics and diisociatives and even stimulants to discerning buyers... it's quite another to make opiates active in the microgram range cheap and readily available.

Point taken Xorkoth, but my point was the hype didn't fit and there was a lynch mob mentality happening for some partially reported story.
It makes no difference what the pic on the blotter was, what matters is what it was sold as and the intent of the seller, neither of which were addressed.

Yeah Cos, I know about bicycle day, the history and such, but maybe those were the only blotters available? Maybe not. All I am saying is that it doesn't sound as nefarious as it is being made out to be.
Again, if you don't know what you're buying don't buy it and if you don't know what it is, don't take it.
Look at it this way then. Would you rather do fentanyl from a blotter or some cut powder? A blotter is about as close to a volumetric dose as you can get that isn't still liquid.
I know which I'd pick.

Sorry man, I wasnt trying to insinuate you personally didn't know about bicycle day or the significance of the year 1943. All I meant was if somebody were to purchase these at an event from someone that they didn't know you can bet they would assume they were just being sold LSD and not synthetic opioid :)

It seems like the intent is to harm unsuspecting people at least to me. If I were to dose fentanyl I would choose the blotter every time, I just think whoever is laying the sheets should be aware of what their artwork is implying here, especially since they're dealing with a drug notoriously known to drop people like flies.

As you said though, know your source and what you are buying so you can avoid similar situations like this one.

Hell, the free market did away with Bromo, and now some of the DNMs are trying to hault the sale of Fentanyls.

Now that would be a step in the right direction, would be a huge redemption for the reputation of DNMs. I worry that a lot of DNMs have this sort of extreme free-market libertarian mindset where it should be either everything is for sale, or nothing is.

I think the future of DNMs is smaller, more curated markets rather than these complete free-for-alls with a complete lack of internal regulation.

Now that would be a step in the right direction, would be a huge redemption for the reputation of DNMs. I worry that a lot of DNMs have this sort of extreme free-market libertarian mindset where it should be either everything is for sale, or nothing is.

I think the future of DNMs is smaller, more curated markets rather than these complete free-for-alls with a complete lack of internal regulation.

I shop on a couple of DNM's and this is happening to some degree.
And it should. More selectivity of wares means less scrutiny by the "powers that be".
I think it's more self preservation than it is a higher morality, but whatever works and keeps that shit out of the hands of idiots is a good thing no matter the reason.

Nasty shit like this is exactly the reason drugs should be legally available to purchase for responsible adults, the same as any other commodity.

Well I believe the feds have pressured China to put atleast a little more control over the Fentanyl Market.

I know someone who is a chemist at a police department and he says that they are seeing less Carfentanil but not much decrease in the other fentanyl analogues

I was thinking that the DNMs would make it even less necessary to have to resort to analogues. Its pretty easy and reliable to get personal amounts of pretty much anything

Honestly I feel like the trend in analogues for every drug family is going to get out of hand if it keeps up. Which each new structure we get farther and farther from the original molecule that usually had a long history of human usage.
Mostly these new cannabanoid, dissociative, cathinone, fly and Nbome compounds my gut tells me could be dangerous long term

Well I believe the feds have pressured China to put atleast a little more control over the Fentanyl Market.

I know someone who is a chemist at a police department and he says that they are seeing less Carfentanil but not much decrease in the other fentanyl analogues

I was thinking that the DNMs would make it even less necessary to have to resort to analogues. Its pretty easy and reliable to get personal amounts of pretty much anything

Honestly I feel like the trend in analogues for every drug family is going to get out of hand if it keeps up. Which each new structure we get farther and farther from the original molecule that usually had a long history of human usage.
Mostly these new cannabanoid, dissociative, cathinone, fly and Nbome compounds my gut tells me could be dangerous long term

Kind of want to have your cake and eat it too.
No offense, but if there were no analogues you'd have no Eth-LAD, AL-LAD, 1P-LSD and on and on and on...
you'd not probably have much of anything that wasn't straight out of nature.
I mean a lot of analogues are bad, but just as many are pretty damn good.
We have minds for a reason, to make informed choices.
So, before you condemn all the analogs to the trash heap put a bit more thought into what you're saying.
Remember, "beware what you wish for..."

FWIW, there was a recent case of fentanyl-adulterated isopropylphenidate from a DNM vendor. Whether its incompetence or malice, I don't know, but I recommend fentanyl test strips for everything these days. EVERYTHING. Also. keep some naloxone on hand just in case.

When testing MDxx compounds, they need to be majorly diluted or they will show a false positive for fentanyl when using the strips. FYI.

Yeah I actually received blotters of fentanyl (actual fentanyl not an analogue, and on purpose) many years ago. But I knew what I was getting. It's SO fucked up that people would be contaminating LSD or any other drug with fentanyl. I mean it's bad enough to lace heroin with it, but when someone is expecting cocaine, or LSD, or whatever, it could very easily become fatal. I hope whoever is doing this gets caught and never sees the light of day again.

Thanks for the post Mr P.

Corporal punishment seems fair for people who purposely sell laced product. I?ll stop there.

So, now we have to start a thread on how to properly use various test kits.Also proper allergy testing.

We can?t have people dying from preventable things.

Someone had to go and ruin perfectly good LSD by adulterating it with Fent? This is why we can't have nice things...

Kind of want to have your cake and eat it too.
No offense, but if there were no analogues you'd have no Eth-LAD, AL-LAD, 1P-LSD and on and on and on...
you'd not probably have much of anything that wasn't straight out of nature.
I mean a lot of analogues are bad, but just as many are pretty damn good.
We have minds for a reason, to make informed choices.
So, before you condemn all the analogs to the trash heap put a bit more thought into what you're saying.
Remember, "beware what you wish for..."

Well yes good point. It just seems that the farther you go into them they get more dangerous.

Don?t trip out about this. There is plenty of great L out there.

Test kits are the name of the game.

I was a victim of this and don't know if the doc can reverse. Be careful