• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Caretaker for someone who cannot smoke weed - I don't like how edibles work

angeltart

Greenlighter
This girl I read about in a story was a caretaker for her mother. Her mother was a 1969 HS grad, who never smoked in her life. The mother has fibro, seizures, has had 2 mild strokes, and a few other problems.

The girl made brownies for her mother, and various other edibles. The problem is, she isn't trying to get her high. Even on 120mg of morphine and 60mg of oxy a day, the mother is still very much in pain. The seizure twiches set off the fibro.. and the arthritis, etc. With edibles.. she has to wait 2 hrs to see if it worked, then another 2 hrs if it wasn't enough.

Should she try buying an artiza? I am afraid even the hot air might make her cough. She is hoping oil vape pens become legal, when Florida votes on No 2. this November.

Anyone have any advice? If one were to add a chapter to this story.. maybe trying to use mids and teach the woman how to use a bong? Help :(

I think any smoke hitting the lungs is going to make you cough. Even vapor will make you cough ime.

for most people, smoking weed for the first time is actually quite painful. I remember it being similar to taking my first dab but probably not as bad.

I'd say whatever you use make sure its strong as possible and make sure she takes very small hits.

Sublingual (under the tongue) would probably be the best way to consume for her. Works much faster than eating.

First make some hash oil (BHO is best but please remember to be careful when messing with butane). Then decarboxylate it to make it orally active. This is done by heating it (like when making edibles). It's an art by itself and you will find better info online than I can give you, here's a starting point: http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/.

Then make the decarbed BHO easier to administer and absorb by binding it into some other oil, coconut oil or grapeseed oil or whatever... Done by stirring in low heat (you don't want to boil anything off).

The really good part is for the arthritis pain it can be used as a topical, applied directly to where the pain is. Although for that use you might not want to make it quite as strong (huge glob of oil under your tongue isn't great but being able to spread it wider for when applied directly is).

Hopefully ready made stuff will become available legally for her too, not just vape pens.

^^In no way is BHO the most medicinal oil for an elderly person. Nor is it the most medicinal oil in general, and that's coming from someone that smokes BHO every day.

If you're looking for something better than edibles the best choice is RSO or FECO. This is alcohol-extracted oil and is much easier and safer to make than butane-extracted oil.

We don't give advice for drug production here but you can safely make FECO in your backyard with $100 in supplies/equipment.
BHO CANNOT be made without a $6000 closed loop system. Making it in your kitchen is not safe, and does not make clean oil.

If you're looking for something better than edibles the best choice is RSO or FECO. This is alcohol-extracted oil and is much easier and safer to make than butane-extracted oil.

Yeah an alcohol tincure is easy to make and can be used sublingually as is. Alcohol extracts just taste kinda gross but hey it's medicine (supposed to taste bad - less enticing for children!). And that won't matter when using topically.

BHO CANNOT be made without a $6000 closed loop system. Making it in your kitchen is not safe, and does not make clean oil.

Sure it can. :D But yes it's dangerous. However, if BHO made by someone else willing to take the risks is available not a bad idea to use that.

Using a closed loop system might be safer, but still not safe enough to use in your kitchen (some of them not safe at all). And you still need to purge the BHO afterwards. Most of all they are about using less butane and making doing bigger amounts easier.

Salutations AngeltArt,

...she isn't trying to get her high. ... ...on 120mg of morphine...

Although i'd be worried because of interactions maybe there's still little to loose in giving CBD gum over a couple weeks - but i'd only feel confident recommending it to myself... One brand name i recall would be CanChew though i think it was expensive.

=D

Yeah an alcohol tincure is easy to make and can be used sublingually as is.

No, not a tincture, an oil, they're different. (seriously, google RSO, not that hard) Tinctures are so-so, but you'd have much better medicine if you made the oil and then just diluted it in MCT oil or something similar.

Sure it can. :D But yes it's dangerous. However, if BHO made by someone else willing to take the risks is available not a bad idea to use that.

Using a closed loop system might be safer, but still not safe enough to use in your kitchen (some of them not safe at all). And you still need to purge the BHO afterwards. Most of all they are about using less butane and making doing bigger amounts easier.

That still doesn't make sense. I wouldn't smoke oil that somebody made in their kitchen. It's my health we're talking about.

Purging is a major issue too, and you'll never good results re-purging bad oil later. You'll just make poison into food-grade oil.

And butane is not about anything but making a terpene-rich smokable oil. Butane has piss poor returns compared to ethanol or CO2, though it does have a higher potency from the same material. It's also nice cause good equipment is only 6k, when a CO2 extractor will run you 30.

Look up vaped website (ruvaped) and get the wick-less skillets. They can attach to most pens and last a long time without developing a nasty taste when used with oil as it has a ceramic core instead of fiber.

You can also try to make a cold alcohol extract tincture and you might end up having less of a psychoactive effect as it should contain THCA mainly and not THC. Probably CBDA instead of CBD too and whatnot. Use sativa dominant strains like durban poison and jack herrer, which I believe have higher THCV content good for dealing with type 2 diabetes.

Also a volcano or comparable forced air vaporization unit is a good choice.