• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cardiotoxicity of MPH vs AMP? Which is Safer?

Kappa-Opioid System Regulates the Long-Lasting Behavioural Adaptatioins Induced by Early-Life Exposure to Methylphenidate. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18923399 This might not show up as a link but just copy and paste, and if that doesnt work just look up that title. So it looks like MPH does affect the opioid system, not endorphins, but dynorphins and antinociception. So this 'might' be related to what he was talking about, but i dont think it explains why the drowsiness occurs, correct me if im wrong.

The only greater danger that MPH possesses over amphetamine largely stems from its higher propensity for readministration and intranasal abuse. Aside from this, I am not aware of any significant differences when used in therapeutic doses. I personally am of the mindset that amphetamine is a greater neurotoxin, but I admit that this notion could be hampered by self-justifications over my personal MPH use.

It's almost like the authors are responding directly to your question:

Stimulants and Cardiovascular Events in Youth With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890856711010495

Hey thank you, great find. <3

The only greater danger that MPH possesses over amphetamine largely stems from its higher propensity for readministration and intranasal abuse. Aside from this, I am not aware of any significant differences when used in therapeutic doses. I personally am of the mindset that amphetamine is a greater neurotoxin, but I admit that this notion could be hampered by self-justifications over my personal MPH use.

Amphetamine does not have a serious propensity for readministration and intranasal abuse? Where are you getting that?? I never saw any evidence to suggest anything else than amphetamine having an equal or greater risk of that than MPH.

Interesting, well if the safety is so similar perhaps you should just base your choice on the duration of effects / halflife or other factors altogether?